Sheriff - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sheriff

Unregistered
    What does it matter? JD been running this place any way.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What does it matter? JD been running this place any way.
    After the dust settles, JD will leave. Probably around the first of the year.

Unregistered
    After the dust settles, JD will leave. Probably around the first of the year.
    Chad is a great guy, he will be an excellent sheriff. Docobo will be gone and Chad is a moderate who wont keep some of the stupid policy that keeps us from filling positions and promoting idiots.

Unregistered
    Chad is a great guy, he will be an excellent sheriff. Docobo will be gone and Chad is a moderate who wont keep some of the stupid policy that keeps us from filling positions and promoting idiots.

If this is true, hopefully some of the wrongs of the current administration will be made right. Hopefully deputies will start feeling some appreciation. Hopefully the selection of deputies for transfers, promotions, etc. will no loner be based upon sex, race, sexual orientation, or who they are related to.

I can’t tell you how many times I have heard the following racists, sexist, and contradictory reasons for not being picked:

"Sorry, we needed a brother this time."

"Sorry, we needed a female this time."

"Sorry, you were our pick, but the Sheriff said he wanted so and so."

"Sorry, you were our pick, but the Chief picked so and so."

"Sorry, but if your aspirations are to end up as a (fill in the blank), then we're not going to select you for our position, since you're planning on leaving our setion anyway."

"If you want to end up as a (fill in the blank), then stop putting in for other positions because it looks like you're just trying to get off the street."

"You have no experience in anything other than the street, so we picked so and so who put in for other positions off the street, and worked his/her way up to this position."

Unregistered
    If this is true, hopefully some of the wrongs of the current administration will be made right. Hopefully deputies will start feeling some appreciation. Hopefully the selection of deputies for transfers, promotions, etc. will no loner be based upon sex, race, sexual orientation, or who they are related to.

I can’t tell you how many times I have heard the following racists, sexist, and contradictory reasons for not being picked:

"Sorry, but if your aspirations are to end up as a (fill in the blank), then we're not going to select you for our position, since you're planning on leaving our setion anyway."

"If you want to end up as a (fill in the blank), then stop putting in for other positions because it looks like you're just trying to get off the street."

"You have no experience in anything other than the street, so we picked so and so who put in for other positions off the street, and worked his/her way up to this position."
    What you say is spot on. I agree with everything you listed. I hope Chad will hear and correct the inequities from these ridiculous made up criteria.

Unregistered
    SPOT ON! Exactly! Which is why I feel no loyalty for this agency anymore.

Unregistered

That's not gonna happen.

Currently the Sheriff and Chief will not allow 1st, 2nd, or 3rd level supervisors to pick who they want on their team. And that is not going to change, new Sheriff and Chief or not.

Whether it's a Street Crimes position, a Detective position, Port, Marine, K9, X-Ray, you name it... The Sergeants over those sections, and especially the Sergeants of the applying deputies, know who the best workers are. Nothing else should matter (i.e. "sex, race, sexual orientation, or who they are related to"). The Sergeants' opinions of who comes to their team, and who on their team would make a great candidate for the applied for position, should weigh heavily in who gets picked.

But, not even a Colonel can make the decision of who gets the spot. Even though a Colonel has VERY LITTLE real knowledge of the deputies applying for these positions, the decisions are, and will be, made by those with even less knowledge of the deputies... The Chief and Sheriff. Selections based upon politics and favors, are NOT going to change. This is the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, after all...

Unregistered
    i heard prev is gonna get the spot LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123