As a new police hire for CPD, I have to admit that this department is ridiculous. There is no incentive for new hire's to stay. In my short time here, I have learned that in order to advance in the department, you need at a minimum an I.A. (the more the better) and you need to know when and where the Chief's poker game is going to be. I have never seen a command staff that micro manages everything they can get their hands on in order to have their name put out there for all to see. I have already experience that the command's staff motto is "...it’s just one more form."I started in the career to be an investigator. Not a paper pusher. It’s a problem when my tactical gear bag is lighter than my forms case. And yes, I have a case for the amount of forms i have to carry with me..

The worst part is there is no need to be good at your at your job to get promoted. The recent SGT promotions are a prime example. As long as you are able to check a box so that the NAACP or LGBT communities can’t complain, you’re golden. If you can’t check one of those boxes, then you’re pretty much screwed.

Now that an LT position is about open, let’s all sit and watch how the deserving select few will be passed by while someone who went to the FOP Banquet and made a good impression gets that position.

And don’t even get me started on the frozen steps or the ridiculous medical insurance… But it’s all good because we are getting take-homes soon…