Thoughts from a probie

Unregistered

Thoughts from a probie

As a new police hire for CPD, I have to admit that this department is ridiculous. There is no incentive for new hire's to stay. In my short time here, I have learned that in order to advance in the department, you need at a minimum an I.A. (the more the better) and you need to know when and where the Chief's poker game is going to be. I have never seen a command staff that micro manages everything they can get their hands on in order to have their name put out there for all to see. I have already experience that the command's staff motto is "...it’s just one more form."I started in the career to be an investigator. Not a paper pusher. It’s a problem when my tactical gear bag is lighter than my forms case. And yes, I have a case for the amount of forms i have to carry with me..

The worst part is there is no need to be good at your at your job to get promoted. The recent SGT promotions are a prime example. As long as you are able to check a box so that the NAACP or LGBT communities can’t complain, you’re golden. If you can’t check one of those boxes, then you’re pretty much screwed.

Now that an LT position is about open, let’s all sit and watch how the deserving select few will be passed by while someone who went to the FOP Banquet and made a good impression gets that position.

And don’t even get me started on the frozen steps or the ridiculous medical insurance… But it’s all good because we are getting take-homes soon…

Unregistered
    Kind of sad that a "probie" already has this idea of the department. And even sadder that its all true.There is no incentive to be a good cop anymore. Between the media demonizing police and the lack of spine from certain supervisors, its amazing that any proactive police work gets done.

Gotta miss the old days when our "brothers in blue" actually took care of each other. I feel bad for the young guys.

Unregistered
    Red tape is killing the police, education, and just about every sector of public service.

Today: Pay for your own training ($5K), be lucky enough to get picked up by a decent agency, go through a rigorous screening process, and make it through a yearlong probationary period.

Past: Get picked up by an agency, go through a simple screening process, learn on the job during your probationary period.

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

Hey probie

Hey Probie,

How is it going? You had such insight in your post, was curious how your doing. With all this going on around the PD. Keep your head down as promotions are coming, watch your six.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Provide right

You do have to be a major screw up to get promoted at CPD!! You got that right!! Perfect example Sgt that just got arrested for beating a woman, REAL man. Just to think he was in line for LT position. The chief KNEW about his sketchy past and still promoted him to Sgt. I guess a screw up is better than promoting an officer who follows the rules and is actually a good human being. Not one Sgt at CPD is a genuine solid human being. Chief should be ashamed of himself.

Comeonguy

Not one?

Seriously guy, not one? You’re an idiot, look beyond your self loathing personality and realize that it my be you that is lacking in ability.

Unregistered
    Don't be so hard on JB. He has had a tough time keeping his hands off women and obeying the law for the last few years. He's done very well for himself and you guys shouldn't bring him down. Have you seen the mugshot? He looks much better in this latest one than the last. I wonder if he is doing cross fit with BH? Im glad to see he is taking care of himself under all the stress.

Unregistered
    Could it not get more obvious???? This so called Chief has made so many poor decisions over the years that now he is trying to cover his poor decision to promote JB. He is a poor judge of character and embarrassed himself and the agency/city by promoting a known criminal.

Such a liar by promising everyone he talks to a promotion instead of being honest with people. Talking out of both sides of his mouth. Everyone sees it and talks to one another dummy.

He is a laughing stock. If he only knew what his “friends” say behind his back. Time to go Danny-boy. The troops I hear have lost confidence in you a long time ago. Are you listening Bill H??????

Unregistered
    p
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneofthegoodguys View Post

Not one Sgt at CPD is a genuine solid human being. Chief should be ashamed of himself.
    Agree 100%! More and more Sgts showing their true colors around here. The banquet is coming up can't wait to see the show this year. Rumor has it there is going to be a lot to watch. Keep your eyes open.

Unregistered

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Hey Probie,

How is it going? You had such insight in your post, was curious how your doing. With all this going on around the PD. Keep your head down as promotions are coming, watch your six.

Thanks for proving that intimidation and threats DO EXIST everyday at CPD!! Your a coward, bully and unfortunately those are requirements at cpd to be promoted , you should be at top of the list you ignorant pos!