More officers assigned to DARE yet marihuana use decriminalized

Unregistered

More officers assigned to DARE yet marihuana use decriminalized

Our misguided staff does not have a plan. On the one hand, pushed by liberal County Commissioner Sally Heyman, they determine possession of small amounts of marihuana should be decriminalized to prevent "ruining" a young life. On the other hand, they take much needed resources from district patrol squads and ship them to the DARE program to tell the kids that drugs are bad. What gives? Drugs are bad yet we encourage users by letting them walk from an arrest. Meanwhile we continue to take resources off the street and violent crime continues to grow. Enough already with this staff of incompetent affirmative action types. They do not have a plan and are simply existing to collect a retirement.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our misguided staff does not have a plan. On the one hand, pushed by liberal County Commissioner Sally Heyman, they determine possession of small amounts of marihuana should be decriminalized to prevent "ruining" a young life. On the other hand, they take much needed resources from district patrol squads and ship them to the DARE program to tell the kids that drugs are bad. What gives? Drugs are bad yet we encourage users by letting them walk from an arrest. Meanwhile we continue to take resources off the street and violent crime continues to grow. Enough already with this staff of incompetent affirmative action types. They do not have a plan and are simply existing to collect a retirement.
    Our current command staff is filled with paper pushers whose only intent in this department has been to make rank and order men and women to do a job they never bothered to learn. Go from the director to the majors and you will find very few who has ever led on a meaningful investigation, wrote a search warrant or was a go-getter on the road. They will argue, "I was in such bureau or unit so and so" but if you ask the workers who were there at that time they will tell you that those staff members rode the coattails of someone else. We cannot expect these mental giants to make headway. They are pawns in a game and care very little about the job or this department.

Unregistered
    DARE officers assigned to the PIEB is a good thing. This is only another sign that most of the cuts that needed to be done are slowly making their way back. This will help our schools and the students which are and should be our number one priority. Sadly, I retired before I could take part. Kudos for not forgetting.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    DARE officers assigned to the PIEB is a good thing. This is only another sign that most of the cuts that needed to be done are slowly making their way back. This will help our schools and the students which are and should be our number one priority. Sadly, I retired before I could take part. Kudos for not forgetting.
    If you want to work in the schools that is a good thing. Let the School Board implement a DARE program on its own and assign their resources to that program. If you come to MDPD you should do so to fight crime on the streets and not hide behind a DARE or a PAL program and abandon your crime fighting responsibilities. Taking resources from the streets for such programs is plain wrong. Also, I agree with the initial post. On the one hand DARE tells kids to stay off drugs. On the other hand Sally Hayman knows nothing about crime or drugs and here she is dictating who is to be arrested or not. Marijuana is an introduction drug. All that medical stuff is just an excuse to let people dope up.