Pay Raise Watch 2017 - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why hasn't the PBA reached out and made it news that we're the lowest paid state agency in the United States. Yet our population,is comparable with some high paid areas. Most citizens think we make more than deputies and PDs. They're shocked when they find out we have no step plan. Yet our union never goes and makes this public. Let them know that we can't provide you the service we need when we make the same we did 10 years ago and can't hire anyone. The PBA should use that freaking money everyone pays them
    PBA is concerned with city and county officers first, then state. We did better when the Colonel could bargain and work through relationships with legislators. Career service rules protect the job. Join FAST or another association for legal representation.

Unregistered
    I am a retired trooper. What is a FLAIR team member and what is QRF?
    My guess on FLAIR= the old contraband interdiction units (HSMV says it means Florida Accounting Information Resource Subsystem). QRF= Quick Reaction Force, (confidential policy 16.02).

Unregistered
    I am a retired trooper. What is a FLAIR team member and with is QRF?
    FLAIR is a special division of Corporals for specific traffichomicides. It stands for Florida Advanced Incident reconstruction team. It's basically a duplication of services to take troopers of the roads and promote them to Corporals.

Unregistered
    Thank you for explaining FLAIR and QRF.

Unregistered
    FLAIR is a special division of Corporals for specific traffichomicides. It stands for Florida Advanced Incident reconstruction team. It's basically a duplication of services to take troopers of the roads and promote them to Corporals.
    Riiiiiiggghhhhhhhtttttt..... because that's exactly what they're trying to do.... do you really believe everything you say? Pitiful.

Unregistered
    Riiiiiiggghhhhhhhtttttt..... because that's exactly what they're trying to do.... do you really believe everything you say? Pitiful.
    Guess you know something no one else does? I mean it was pretty clear what FLAIR was in the email they put out. I specified what they'll do and the qualifications to be on it.

Unregistered

Qrf

My guess on FLAIR= the old contraband interdiction units (HSMV says it means Florida Accounting Information Resource Subsystem). QRF= Quick Reaction Force, (confidential policy 16.02).
    Q R F

Queer Rainbow Folk

Unregistered
    Keep on hearing many people in this state say that Florida is a right to work state. When it comes to unions what makes them great is the members who are in them. The power is in the people. Stand up and fight. Stop using the same quotes right to work state. All that means for a union is that you don't have to join if you don't join then that's on you. In the private sector you don't have to join and will receive the same benefits as workers who do join. Now the public sector is different , if you are not a paying member then you will not receive the same benefits so there for you loose. Join the union, and let them do their jobs. Rome wasn't built overnight. Get rid of the attitude about a right to work state. If you don't have a solution to a problem don't complain. Florida became the third largest state in the country but pay is still way down. The PBA is the right bargaining unit you want. Let them fight it out with the old style tactics of the Florida house and senate. It takes time but as long as we move forward.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

This girl has been voted as the sexiest woman in the world

Wow, she is one of the most beautiful girls I have seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmxdAu6RQtM

Unregistered
    The " old style tactics of the Florida house and senate" are what the PBA has been doing for far to long and has gone nowhere. Using billboards and social media with a consistent message on how poorly troopers are paid, treated, and low numbers affect public safety creates public interest. This grows into traditional media articles and more attention that in turn get actions done from the house and senate. No matter how many times we tell the PBA, they just don't get it or are in fear of doing it.

Just look how fast a simple newspaper article caused a media storm straight to the Governor's office. Not long after, Welsh resigns and who knows could be next.

Old school tactics died with the creation of facebook, twitter, youtube and etc. The union I belonged to at my previous job would scream and yell at contract negotiations. As soon as we made good with our promise of newspaper articles the company caved in every time. Social media wasn't what it is now but we made use of any media we could. And this was also in Florida, a right to work state.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314