Corruption cover ups everywhere under State Attorney Rundle
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Corruption cover ups everywhere under State Attorney Rundle

Our Inspector General Mary Cagle too chummy with the Miami Dade County powerful? By Geniusofdespair
    The Miami Herald reported that Auditor James Rosenberg was removed because of his audit and he wasn't NICE enough to staff.

A former top watchdog in Miami-Dade government claims he was ousted over his efforts to expose widespread financial mismanagement in the county.

James Rosenberg used to run audits for the Inspector General office, but says he was fired over his aggressive questioning of how the county was spending its transit tax and other funds. “It’s a case of killing the messenger,” Rosenberg’s lawyer, Bill Amlong, said Friday.

This week, the county’s ethics board (ethics chief worked with Cagle at Rundle's office, I hope he recused himself) rejected Rosenberg’s allegations...
    and:
    Cagle warned Rosenberg last year that she would fire him in part over his inability “to deal professionally with high-level County officials (WTF? me)
    and who do you think the HIGH LEVEL official was:
    Gimenez’s spokesman, called Rosenberg’s accusations insulting. (the one who I suspect has ordered the cooking of the books.)
    and:
    His (Rosenberg) complaint centers around an accounting dispute that was the subject of the June 2016 audit that Rosenberg supervised. The report concluded that over the course of seven years, Miami-Dade improperly charged the transportation tax and other restricted revenue sources for $15 million in overhead expenses, including vacation time. The audit found the expenses should have been charged to the general fund, a more than $1 billion pool of money made up mostly of property taxes.

I was not a fan of Mary Cagle even before she was hired. I was at Mary Cagle's interview in October 2013. One thing she said particularly upset me:
    One applicant said they would forge relationships and meet with commissioners (MARY said this). ICK on that one. How about arms length? You might be investigating some of them, hopefully, we don't want you to be their friends. No relationships. If someone is going to spill their guts it is not because you are their friend.

Look at his experience with transit. He was there for 16 years.

This sucks big time. We know this is going on "Budget shell game" with the Transit Sales tax increase you idiots all voted for. Where are all the projects? Stop voting for bonds too.

I wish Rosenberg luck because I believe him. And look around, isn't transit just great?

7 comments:
    at 10:20 AM Labels: Geniusofdespair, Inspector General, Sucks, transit Links to this post
    Email This
    BlogThis!
    Share to Twitter
    Share to Facebook
    Share to Pinterest

Unregistered

We live in a cesspool

Anonymous Anonymous said...
    This appears to be another example of transit tax funds supported by the sales tax increase to pay for more public transit options was not used as intended for years. Instead of being grateful that an auditor was able to decipher the funds not being used for the intended legal purpose, he is removed from his job with the lame excuse that he was rude to senior county officials. A grand jury should sort out why funds where misappropriated. He should be rewarded for finding problems, not demoted.

January 14, 2017
    Anonymous Zwoman said...
    Don't expect any oversight from Cagle, she was handed that job on a silver platter by her good friend Kathy Rundle. It's friends and family over there at the county. Corruption and mismanagement will always rule the day in this county.

January 14, 2017

As a Miami Dade Aviation Department employee, I have seen Directors and Chiefs grow in wealth in short time.All of them directly involved as Odebretch counterparts.From driving regular domestic cars to jumping lately to pricey imports. With a County salary that is not possible.But the County Inspector General never sees that only the low level employees who steals a chicken.The latest 10 million scandal was discovered because a supplier blew the whistle.,not because of an internal investigation discovered it. Most of these high brass Odebretch new rich are still working in MIA waiting for the time to leave with their pensions.If the County was seriously looking will find dirt. Because is very odd that Odebretch bribed everybody overseas but in Miami Dade not. Food for thought on Miami-Dade County Commissioner.

January 14, 2017
    The problem with Rosenberg is Rosenberg. He is trying to engage in a legal dispute to cure his personality defects. When people in exempt positions don't work out, they get let go. Move on, pal.

January 14, 2017
    Blogger Geniusofdespair said...
    Well the Mayor doesn't have the authority to put him back in as it is separate from the county, not that he would anyway. Personality aside, at least he found something although Jennifer Glazer Moon will say my mistake, wrong column, and juggle the books and it will all disappear. Except Rosenberg. Who does not want to fade away quietly, bad or good personality. Cagle is an ass kisser you could just tell.

January 14, 2017
    There is much more issues at the County. How may we explain a department "Transit" which spent $43 million in overtime in the last FY, and more than $100 million in overtime in the last three FYs, and nobody cares. $100 millions in overtime, one department in three years and there is no public transportation in this County. Employees making more than $3,00o/month in overtime, and nobody cares, no the BCC, no the 29th floor. I am about to retire, and it is really sad.

January 15, 2017
    There are many more issues at the County. How may we explain a department "Miami-Dade Transit" spent $43 million in overtime in the last FY, and more than $100 million in overtime in the last three FYs, and nobody cares. $100 millions in overtime, one department in three years and there is no reliable public transportation in this County. Employees making more than $3,000/month in overtime, and nobody cares, no the BCC, no the 29th floor. I am about to retire, and it is really sad.

January 15, 2017
    Did we expect anything different from our Miami Dade Inspector General?. She was put into office by our corrupt State Attorney Katherine Fernandez-Rundle to ensure her lobbyist friends were protected. The same applies to let-em-go Joe Centorino at the Commission of Ethics, another puppet and an extension of Rundle. As long as Rundle is our State Attorney we will get nothing but corruption and cover ups. Good luck with telling that to the FBI for they drank the Kool Aide long ago.

January 15, 2017
    Leave your comment

Please refrain from posting your personal vendettas here and using the term "you people."
    Rules: Do not attack the bloggers, i.e. if you call us corrupt, that is an attack. No trolls and stay on topic.

Unregistered
    Every time you drive on 836, or any of the Miami Dade County Expressway Authority roads, count the Palm trees; they are about $700.00 each.
    As far as I know they are a single source supplier, Manny Diaz in Homestead.
    We pay to maintain these roadways in driveable condition and repairs, not to spend million of dollars in landscaping.
    Perhaps the single biggest and most visible example of government waste.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every time you drive on 836, or any of the Miami Dade County Expressway Authority roads, count the Palm trees; they are about $700.00 each.
    As far as I know they are a single source supplier, Manny Diaz in Homestead.
    We pay to maintain these roadways in driveable condition and repairs, not to spend million of dollars in landscaping.
    Perhaps the single biggest and most visible example of government waste.
    You haven't figured it out yet. Miami Dade is now Cuba North. Except Miami Dade communism and corruption is still " hidden"

Unregistered
    You haven't figured it out yet. Miami Dade is now Cuba North. Except Miami Dade communism and corruption is still " hidden"
    Kathy Rundle is more of an anglo than a Cuban. She can barely speak Spanish. Mary Cagle and Joe Centorino are also anglos. Kris Korge, Ron Brooks, Rodney Barreto and many more of the top lobbyists in this county are anglos or jewish. Though there is a majority of Cubans in Dade County, the power behind the scene remains lilly white. The Cubans elected to public office are just the tools to "get things done" by those powerful individuals. Trust me there was plenty of corruption in this county before a Cuban ever set foot here. If not look up former Mayor Steve Clark, Larry Hawkins, Ruth Schack, Clara Osterle and so many more who were the same type of corruptive tools and did the same thing in the past.

Unregistered
    Kathy Rundle is more of an anglo than a Cuban. She can barely speak Spanish. Mary Cagle and Joe Centorino are also anglos. Kris Korge, Ron Brooks, Rodney Barreto and many more of the top lobbyists in this county are anglos or jewish. Though there is a majority of Cubans in Dade County, the power behind the scene remains lilly white. The Cubans elected to public office are just the tools to "get things done" by those powerful individuals. Trust me there was plenty of corruption in this county before a Cuban ever set foot here. If not look up former Mayor Steve Clark, Larry Hawkins, Ruth Schack, Clara Osterle and so many more who were the same type of corruptive tools and did the same thing in the past.
    Since some wipe decided he was going to make rules for the forum. When referring to Cuba North it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is meant. So for your information Cuba North refers to Dade county being an undercover communist country as opposed to the blatantly open communist regime. So hopefully your self imposed rules that "you people" set is probably "you CORRUPT people" that make the rest of the county look bad. Right, Sergeant Felon? Oops forgot to use my sunpass. Why do you people suppose I did that? Just an oversight?

Unregistered
    Since some wipe decided he was going to make rules for the forum. When referring to Cuba North it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is meant. So for your information Cuba North refers to Dade county being an undercover communist country as opposed to the blatantly open communist regime. So hopefully your self imposed rules that "you people" set is probably "you CORRUPT people" that make the rest of the county look bad. Right, Sergeant Felon? Oops forgot to use my sunpass. Why do you people suppose I did that? Just an oversight?
    Because your a retard that continuously posts crap all over the blog!

Unregistered
    Here is one suggestion for you guy. Check yourself in at JMH voluntarily and have them prescribe you some psych meds. Seems like Old Corrupt Kel is now residing in your head.

Unregistered
    Manny Diaz is Mexican
    Kathy Rundle roots are directly from Spain; she is no more Cuban that she is honest.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast