The Wakulla Sheriff should be ashamed, letting the agency Facebook be a party to the community gossip, embarrass people and share personal information.

The public needs to know deputies are responding to calls, handling crimes, writing reports, so giving weekly info is great - BUT...

When you are putting VICTIMS names, listing their victimized property, specific dollar amounts down to the cent, who they hold joint financial credit card accounts with!! That's just careless.

WAY TOO MUCH info on a public social media site. I guess some of this stuff could be obtained from police reports and dispatch by request, but that is not the same as publishing it on the Internet where it can never be taken back. Not to mention, there are laws that protect several types of victims identity and property information from public records.

I don't want people using my grandma's name and address for fraud if they find it on the WCSO Facebook page - she's already been a victim. It's not all of the world's business (and yes, it's published to the world on the Internet) if a victim has a credit card with someone else or whether they are a victim of a burglary because they left their stuff unlocked. If people want to know that level of detail, they should have to go look into individual reports.

It's nothing more than using your office to encourage people to be nosy and degrade victims.

There's no real public benefit to including citizen victims names in your Facebook weekly updates.

As we just had the election and swearing in. If this was part of the previous Sheriff's ways, I expect the new Sheriff to make changes right now.