Morale survey.....What a joke! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Very motivational

Great post NE, if you were only the direct replacement for DY. One liar for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Five things that all successful people do after facing rejection.

1. They Recognize Their Role
    Rejection can be brutal, and it's often enough to inspire us to begin playing the blame game. It's their fault that they didn't see the value we were offering or that they decided to go another direction.

When we're hurt, it's pretty much human nature to make ourselves the victims of the situation. However, successful people understand the importance of recognizing the role they played in their own rejection.

Were they as prepared as they should have been? Did they settle for mediocre when they should have put their all in? You need to accept responsibility for anything you did that might have contributed to your being passed over, or you simply won't learn as much from the situation.

2. They Reflect
    Similarly to the point above, successful people don't immediately jump into action after being rejected. Instead, they press pause and take a little bit of time to look back on the experience.

Are they blindsided by this rejection, or did they not feel great about their chances to begin with? If they could rewind time, what key things would they do differently?

Before you can use rejection to help you improve, you first need to pinpoint exactly where you could make some changes.

3. They Ask Questions

When you're turned down for something, your first inclination might be to bury your head in the sand and get as far away from that humiliating situation as possible.

However, successful people resist the temptation to run and hide. They know that it's better to use this as an opportunity to gather more information that will help them to become better in the future.

Swallow your pride and directly ask what you did well and what you could do better next time. That's all valuable information -- directly from a reputable source -- that you can use to improve moving forward.

4. They Improve

Far too many of us fall into the trap of collecting feedback, but then never actually doing anything with it. But, not successful people. They go the extra mile to actually implement the suggestions they receive.

You know you can't continue to do the same things and make the same mistakes while expecting different results. So, remember to detail an action plan you can use to put those tips for improvement to use. You'll be better off for it.

5. They Move On

Rejection can bruise even the healthiest of egos. But, it won't do you any good to obsess over it -- which is why successful people know it's better to take a deep breath, let it go, and move on.

Yes, you'll need to take a little bit of time to reflect on the experience and pull out the necessary lessons and value. However, once you've done that, don't continue to dwell or hold a grudge. Ultimately, that will only hold you back.

There's no denying that rejection can be a painful experience, but it can also be extremely educational -- as long as you're willing to make the most of it. Take these five strategies, and you're sure to use rejection to your advantage.

Unregistered

ho hum

So sorry to burst anyone's bubble... but y'all haven't got a clue. There is no common sense or formula for getting promoted. (hard work, honesty, integrity, etc.)

My husband finally got off of the sets. list after years and years of disappointment. I haven't posted in quite some time because I ain't got time for this place no more. Life goes on. I used to whine and complain and cry my little 'ole heart out over each time my hubs got passed over. Now we just count down the few short years until he can leave.

If you didn't get promoted, DON'T take it personally. Trust me. It's a game. There are winners and losers, and many times the losers are the winners.

Peace out.

Unregistered
    You lost me at "My husband....blah, blah". And only two or three guys pulled off the sergeant list over the last few years...

Unregistered
    TD gets promoted and the entire department rallies together because of how great it is to have a deserving I.A. recipient come up through hard, honest work. Those who say he is undeserving don't know the good, honest man that the rest of us know. TD honesty has never been a question just like his morals.

Then NE gets brought up in this thread. NE has proven herself as a supervisor by her long experience as a CPL.

Lets all stay united with the fair and transparent department and trust our command staff to do whats best for the troops.

Unregistered

#wrecker

Oh T.S....give it a rest

So sorry to burst anyone's bubble... but y'all haven't got a clue. There is no common sense or formula for getting promoted. (hard work, honesty, integrity, etc.)

My husband finally got off of the sets. list after years and years of disappointment. I haven't posted in quite some time because I ain't got time for this place no more. Life goes on. I used to whine and complain and cry my little 'ole heart out over each time my hubs got passed over. Now we just count down the few short years until he can leave.

If you didn't get promoted, DON'T take it personally. Trust me. It's a game. There are winners and losers, and many times the losers are the winners.

Peace out.

Unregistered

Yeah

So what. Several years ago was when we lost all hope for this God forsaken hell hole. Years as a corporal and bending over backwards for what? Can not wait to get out of this place.
    You lost me at "My husband....blah, blah". And only two or three guys pulled off the sergeant list over the last few years...

Unregistered

hmm

After that post, certainly not CL. Sounds like LM.

Unregistered
    Prepare yourself ladies for another kick in the gut when the LT promo is announced later this week. I pray for once it's not the good old boy selection again as we desperately need leadership. Who would you like to see and who is the most deserving?

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

Morale Survey

By switching to Geico, you can save 15% off you car insurance or so I hear. For those of you who are seeking promotion to Cpl, Sgt, or even LT; you need to seek a Life Coach. There are several here at the PD to choose from, all on Instagram. The Inspired Alpha Man Male is worth a few laughs. You should really read up on Simon Sinek as well, just remember Champions do not always win, but you just need to try harder next time.

Unregistered
    Prepare yourself ladies for another kick in the gut when the LT promo is announced later this week. I pray for once it's not the good old boy selection again as we desperately need leadership. Who would you like to see and who is the most deserving?
    Well? What happened Mr. Dooms Day Prepper?
    Maybe give the staff credit for picking the "most deserving". Now hopefully they stick to the program and pick another high performer and skip the ridiculous 4yr degree "last minute mandate" threat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast