Sheriff Mike Scott makes unexpected mayoral endorsement for Cape Coral

Unregistered

Sheriff Mike Scott makes unexpected mayoral endorsement for Cape Coral

Sheriff Mike Scott makes unexpected mayoral endorsement

CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott is endorsing an unexpected candidate for Cape Coral mayor.

The sheriff wrote to Four in Your Corner saying he is endorsing Joe Coviello.

The choice was unexpected because Coviello's opponent in the race, Mike Hollow, is a retired Lee County Sheriff's Office lieutenant who worked under Sheriff Scott.

According to his campaign page, Hollow retired from the department in 2016.

Scott says he wanted to remain neutral in the race, but that his position has been misrepresented on social media.

The Sheriff’s full statement is below, which he sent to us Tuesday night.

“ I endorsed Joe Coviello earlier today. I had remained neutral in that race from the beginning; however, my position was misrepresented today on social media and in the News-Press (Mailbag) by a sitting member of the Cape Council. Following that, I decided it was time to make my feelings known in terms of which candidate I believe is best to work for the City and its wonderful residents/businesses. “

Copyright 2017 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article Back to Top
    SHARE ARTICLE

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott is endorsing an unexpected candidate for Cape Coral mayor.

The choice was unexpected because Coviello's opponent in the race, Mike Hollow, is a retired Lee County Sheriff's Office lieutenant who worked under Sheriff Scott.

Scott says he wanted to remain neutral in the race, but that his position has been misrepresented on social media.

“ I endorsed Joe Coviello earlier today. I had remained neutral in that race from the beginning; however, my position was misrepresented today on social media and in the News-Press (Mailbag) by a sitting member of the Cape Council. Following that, I decided it was time to make my feelings known in terms of which candidate I believe is best to work for the City and its wonderful residents/businesses. “

Copyright 2017 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

SHARE ARTICLE
    and your point troll would be what???

Unregistered

SHARE ARTICLE
    What does Hollow, know about Baldy to got his panties in a hissy, and Baldy, won't be supporting Mikey ????

Unregistered
    and your point troll would be what???
    Wipe your mouth Kiss AZZZ

Unregistered
    be honest with you I was not going to vote but now I am going to vote for Michael Hollow. LE 547

Unregistered
    Who cares. More importantly what's for dinner?

Unregistered
    Wipe your mouth Kiss AZZZ

that's funny troll, same thing I told your sister last night

Unregistered
    Today the cafeteria is serving tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Unregistered
    be honest with you I was not going to vote but now I am going to vote for Michael Hollow. LE 547
    Hollow in 2020! The only one that's tried to have a clean agency!

Unregistered
    Now that's funny. Hollow was a complete Bostonian tool bag when he was here.