An Agency Reborn - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered

The truth

From what I've read on this thread, it appears the administration may have some favorites that are getting things that aren't deserved. The above comment is certainly correct in that everyone should be adult in the law enforcement profession. My question is... is the current administration being fair with ALL their officers? It seems like that is the underlying problem based on these comments. It also appears they have a captain being a tyrant. The chief should be all over that if it's the case. That is a good way to create mutiny, and mutiny is a CAREER KILLER. I've seen it many times and I believe you guys had a captain like that before. I also remember your agency having a vote of no confidence for this exact same situation that ended their careers and left a terrible mark on them. YOU CAN'T ORDER RESPECT. That will end your career. It must BE EARNED. You can't tell them, 'love us or you'll be gone'. Do what's right by all and not just a few. I've worked for small agencies and they can be difficult. Everything the brass does is scrutinized because in small agencies it's directly in each officers face. Now I've also read, in the above posts, a few officers there are less than reputable due to previous actions. My advice, should your admin be reading this post, is remember that your officers KNOW who did what and it can't be hidden away. Especially if you're going above and beyond for those questionable individuals. Remember that if you, as a chief, captain, or lieutenant, go to any other agency, they're going to look at the actions you took in the past. They're going to think you themselves, "if he made poor choices at a small agency, what damage can his choices do to this one?", and that is how you'll be remembered. It's never too late to tell the troops that you may have made some poor decisions, BUT you're going to do the right thing by them. But, if you say it, do it. I've met most of the officers there and you guys have acquired some real talent over the last few years, as well as some good veterans. I'll agree that you guys have a couple people that should not be in the positions they're in, or possibly even in this profession. And if an outsider knows that, then how do you think your current officers feel? Just a little helpful advice. And guys, if the brass shows they are going to fix their mistakes, give them respect for that. Good luck, stay safe, watch each other's back, and I hope your brass gets it right eventually.

Unregistered

Noah

Get them Noah- didn't take long for him to show that this so called Chief is clueless and possible corrupt. Why would he protect his Captain boy toy so much? Perhaps you are worried he may throw you under the bus if you expose him. Corruption at its finest at PRPD. It didn't take long for this agency to go back to its old ways. PR Council and citizens do everyone a favor and get rid of this agency. Not worth the expense.

Unregistered

Re: Noah

The fact is, they have (had) some good officers. But I've heard they're targeting and getting rid of anyone that does the right thing instead of being good little corrupt puppets to the current admin. How many good cops are gone now under their new admin? And now this? My bet is the cops that left under this admin knew something they didn't want out. I've followed that agency from the impound lot scandal forward. Then they fixed that black eye and had a professional interim chief who hand picked a professional previous chief. Just watch the council meetings and follow the favors. I also remember watching two of their officers at a council meeting holding the this chief and captain upon a pedestal, and praising their professionalism and integrity. Well we all see that quality now(insert sarcasm). If they don't put a legitimate administrative staff with the necessary qualifications in place again, the place will implode. Hopefully the cops that are gone under the new administration left on their own, and their careers weren't destroyed by incompetence and lack of qualification.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

"Do you know about public record law?"

"I do now"

That's their chief. How can you possibly be the chief of police and say that? Your citizens should be furious that he was placed as chief by the mayor, as well as his second in command. Both are clearly not educated or qualified enough to command. You can clearly tell the back pedaling and cover up. Just listen to the constant, "I DIDN'T DO IT". And here's a good question... he kept saying there were disciplinary files missing when he got there. How exactly does he know that? If there weren't disciplinary files there when he took over, then which ones are he saying were missing? And where's the captain in this interview? He's in charge of the files according to the chief. Noah is right. Smells, looks, feels, and sounds like a cover up of felonious activity.

Capn Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Do you know about public record law?"

"I do now"

That's their chief. How can you possibly be the chief of police and say that? Your citizens should be furious that he was placed as chief by the mayor, as well as his second in command. Both are clearly not educated or qualified enough to command. You can clearly tell the back pedaling and cover up. Just listen to the constant, "I DIDN'T DO IT". And here's a good question... he kept saying there were disciplinary files missing when he got there. How exactly does he know that? If there weren't disciplinary files there when he took over, then which ones are he saying were missing? And where's the captain in this interview? He's in charge of the files according to the chief. Noah is right. Smells, looks, feels, and sounds like a cover up of felonious activity.
    This interview was almost insulting to any real leo. This was 'basic cop 101'. The stammering, the constant deflection in the answers, the body language, the repetitive answers. Give me a break. I have bad news for this threads original author. Not even close to an "agency reborn." Sounds like the same original group of problems to me. And hopefully FDLE or the FBI's public corruption division begins knocking on doors.

Unregistered

Unregistered
    One down...

Unregistered
    What happened? i have searched the news. Help me out here.

Unregistered
    Port Richey police captain resigns after 10 Investigates report

http://www.wtsp.com/news/investigati...port/479308164

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast