An Agency Reborn
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

An Agency Reborn

I would like to leave some positive feedback for this agency. Regardless of its troubled past, to which isnt trully horrible, this agency has began to make strides. To start, hiring a new qualified administration that realized the grass is greener where you water it, not on the other side. With a stong leadership, department deficiencies where realized and action has been taken. A deteriorating fleet will be given new life. New officers are on their way in, the first time in years. New systems are on their way. All this without crippling the City's finances and a lot of hard work. The once "joke" of an agency is once again going to be a desired career opportunity due to the dedication of not only the new administration but the once oppressed Officers who can finally breath. A family has finally been restored. A family that can provide professional services to the City of Port Richey without worry. All it takes is the right leadership.

Unregistered

Lol

Sentiments written either by the Chief or the so called Captain. Must be the Captain since the new Chief probably doesn't know how to turn on his computer. When the Mayor is ousted in the electiob it will be a reborn department when the puppets will be gone. My suggestion for the new Mayor is shut it down and let someone else take over who can handle it. The surrounding agencies may stop laughing. Do it for the few remaining officers with integrity that would get absorbed and the others will be working as Walmart security.

Unregistered
    Heard the former Chief has been requested to return. If not him the former Captain.

Unregistered
    That would be the only hope for that place...as they need someone who has the ability to lead. Wasn't their new captain one of their patrol officers about a year ago? And their chief a part time officer there about five years ago? What kind of police department does that? It's decisions like that which keeps giving their agency a bad name. They had a well respected chief and captain and, from what I understand, the mayor and council threatened to cut their budget, to the point of endangering the officers, to get rid of the two. They need to bring the previous administration back and get rid of the few bad apple officers they have. There's still a few good guys there but they won't stay in that situation long.

Unregistered

Ridiculous

All it takes is to speak to 90% of the people who work there now to know it's a joke. They're miserable and it all starts at the top two. I hear people who have been the center of controversy, discipline, and investigations are now coddled and given promotions. There's about three officers left that are happy, and that's because they've been given everything they want. Just call it a day already, so the few officers there that have any credibility can get absorbed and get away from the stigma.

Unregistered
    First time I've seen a polo shirt with giant captain bars on the collar in my 15+ years. And four stars for someone who's never been a senior officer. That just screams "my way or no way". I can't imagine how their troops are treated. Especially the ones that are legitimate. Good luck.

Unregistered

Its not your life.

Unless you work there its not your life. It seems like a lot of outside opinions are pouring in. To say the previous administration can clean it up is absolutely ridiculous. They left the department in shambles. A dying fleet, a communications center needing a desperate revamp and employees who hated coming to work. Now this posion, unsupportive leaches who think they know something or someone. Who ever you all are, you need to rethink your own life and leave those trying to protect others alone.

Unregistered

It's obvious

Are you kidding me? I'm not saying the previous administration is the answer, but you have a bully patrol officer with gold bars running the show there like someone stole his lunch money his whole life. You ask some of those guys on the streets how things are going and they just shut down like a puppy that's been kicked. I hear everyone, except a *cough cough, hard to say* detective and one officer, is miserable coming to work now. They just don't want to be targeted, so they wear a fake smile. You must be one of the two people that I hear gets whatever they want. And we've all seen your admin. They and a detective spend all their time trying to show everyone their rank at our agencies. Just like everyone can tell when morale is at an all time low at our agencies, we can tell when it is at yours. It'll be ok though. I'm sure it'll get better when they're all ordered to love their leadership or leave.

Unregistered

Get real

The last administration didn't "leave" anything. Again, some of us watch your council meetings and are very familiar with your city's antics and are familiar with your officers. Tell me what other city would have even entertained the idea of this current administration, given their lack of experience. I'm not even a cop, but based on your city's standards maybe I can be hired as a colonel or major there. Your mayor cared so much for your police that he was willing to jeopardize their safety and the citizens safety just to get rid of the previous chief because he wasn't a good ole boy and didn't play ball. I distinctly remember watching him say, 'we only need two officers at a time'. And i remember watching the previous chief tell him he would not risk the lives of his officers and the citizens by reducing to those levels. If you're going to try to be convincing, at least be honest and know what you're saying.

Unregistered

Whats Obvious and Real Here

What we have here are butt hurt individuals making it worse for everyone. Ones for or against the current administration. Instead of causing issues be a resolution. Nobody is perfect, previous administrations have had their issues. Its no lie that the department is working through things. The current Chief and Captain have major obstacles to work through and at least they are trying. The problem is that the department is small. Everything anyone says is out for everyone to know. The officers need to realize that not everyone can be happy but a job needs to be done here. Everyone there is an adult and needs to start acting like it. And for those outsiders, the drama needs to stop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast