Recruits Hear This - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah Right... We can't take sworn statements, collect video evidence, transport a person to jail and submit an arrest report. Give me friggin break, you guys act as if making an arrest is hard. Some SO's don't even write their own arrest reports, they call it in and a clerk does it.

The reason you worked the arrest is that the Trooper is performing private work for a company as security and as such is required to detain and turn over to you (The 'Law Enforcement' for the jurisdiction) so that he/she can resume said security job.

The squared away deputies in your county must be so proud of your idiotic mentality.
    I am not sure how FHP's crappy off duty policy is written but Most departments I know the minute you take Law ENforcement action you go ON DUTY and handle the arrest. Sorry I am not doing the work for you.. Now I will happily transport them to the jail for you and you can follow it up with a report when you finish your off duty.. But part of working off duty is dealing with what comes of it.. You would be banned from working off duty where I now work..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah Right... We can't take sworn statements, collect video evidence, transport a person to jail and submit an arrest report. Give me friggin break, you guys act as if making an arrest is hard. Some SO's don't even write their own arrest reports, they call it in and a clerk does it.

The reason you worked the arrest is that the Trooper is performing private work for a company as security and as such is required to detain and turn over to you (The 'Law Enforcement' for the jurisdiction) so that he/she can resume said security job.

The squared away deputies in your county must be so proud of your idiotic mentality.
    False. If you work a security job and represent yourself at LEO (badge, agency uniform) then you LEO, not security and that t15 is your baby. If you drop your uniform and badge and wear a hat that says SECURITY, then you can TOT you t15. Otherwise, " you tag em then you bag em"
    Neither a PD nor a Sheriff is bound by any law that says he will or shall take possession of another agency's t15. If they do take the arrest it is out of the goodness of their heart.

Unregistered
    FHP policy says when you take LEO action your now on duty. So they should be forced to work those shop lifters and batteries, that's why they are there. They wanna run around and play cop then they need to start being cops and not a civilian with a fancy car and gun. Useless!!! SO and PDs need to stop taking the calls.,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345