Recruits Hear This - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, FHP does recoup its expenses. The last I knew they were prorated for the amount of time one worked before leaving. I'd call HR and ask. Dont need to identify yourself if you dont want to. Just ask for clarification.
    I'd call HR and ask.
    I wonder how that call will go.
    Caller: Hi, I'd like to know if FHP actually recoups their costs if an employee leaves prior to the two year commitment?
    HR: Oh no! Of course not! That's just a big lie we tell everyone.

I mean really, you think HR is going say anything other than "Yes of course we do" ?

Unregistered
    To the original poster stfu about lt.pikul and oman they are good people and i dont give a rats ass who says otherwise especially pikul!! As for the patrol its a stepping stone nothing more nothing less get certified get your experience and go elsewhere no need for hate or malice towards fhp I myself am a graduate of fhp working for my local SO and there were good times and not so good times but I got my training and moved on thank you fhp for hiring me and training me. Is the agency ****ed up yes but dont go talking shit about people who dont deserve it on an anonymous forum that is cowardice!!!
    OK Pikul, we all know you sleep, eat and poop while monitoring this site. You were kicked out of Orlando cause you would constantly cry about crashes and screw over your zone partners, you went to the I-4 squad for a few and they kicked out of there too. You promoted to Miami and immediately was placed into the PIO position because you were f-ing up everything on the road. You were scared of your own shadow. There is a reason why they haven't made you a captain yet, even though you brown nose everytime the Colonel comes into the building. You might be a nice guy, but you have no business in law enforcement, you will be great as a valet parking or Disney World greeter. Truth be told

Oman, she only worked not even a year in Sarasota and immediately put in for the academy. Another one who couldn't handle the road.

The only one at the Academy that can walk the walk is Bill Martinez. He did his time on the road and it shows.

Unregistered
    My brother just went to the S.O from FHP after 1.7 years. He got a hefty bill on the mail from FHP and took a hone equity loan to pay for it. I myself went to the same S.O and they paid for my certification. They started us both at 57k.

Unregistered
    This is an advise to all the recruits currently at the Academy. Reconsider your agency choice. At FHP you will be making 33k a year with no raises, you will be working crashes alone in 6 counties for the sheriff with no support from the brass. You will end up going to a local agency at the end. If you leave within 2 years, you will have to pay 10k to fhp within 90 days. Don't let Pikul or Oman feed you BS up there, they never worked the road and are clueless about it.

We work harder than deputies and get paid a lot less. Take it from an 18 yr veteran who thought things would get better but they never did, now i have to start over at the city PD. FHP could be a great agency, troopers just dont have the support.

Best of luck
    If Terry Rhodes has her way that contract will be extended to 3 years. This is their way to slow down turnover.

Unregistered
    Heaven forbid they should fix the real problem with this outfit by fixing the pay. For all the money this state has and the things they throw dollars at is beyond disbelief. Fix the pay and the problems of the patrol will fix themselves.

Unregistered
    My brother just went to the S.O from FHP after 1.7 years. He got a hefty bill on the mail from FHP and took a hone equity loan to pay for it. I myself went to the same S.O and they paid for my certification. They started us both at 57k.
    Absolute bullshit.

Unregistered
    To the original poster stfu about lt.pikul and oman they are good people and i dont give a rats ass who says otherwise especially pikul!! As for the patrol its a stepping stone nothing more nothing less get certified get your experience and go elsewhere no need for hate or malice towards fhp I myself am a graduate of fhp working for my local SO and there were good times and not so good times but I got my training and moved on thank you fhp for hiring me and training me. Is the agency ****ed up yes but dont go talking shit about people who dont deserve it on an anonymous forum that is cowardice!!!
    Good statement. All agencies have their warts and have issues. Which agency you choose depends upon what type of law enforcement interests you. There are deputies and city officers that change agencies as well. Read some of the other forums and there are gripes and complaints there too. SE Florida seems to be the worst for slamming other people.

Do the job and if you so desire, move on after fulfilling your obligation.

Thank you for a straightforward post calling out the slammers.

Unregistered
    I have never heard of FHP invoking the attachment. I have personally known two Troopers, one who went to an SO, and one to a PD, prior to the two year requirement without penalty. To me it seems like all talk on FHP's part.
    It could be, until you are the unlucky guy who gets the bill lol, I wouldn't do it to be honest

Unregistered
    So you start at the same salary than your brother who has previous LE experience and that after you got sponsored by this SO, you are one lucky guy, most SO in FL don't start you anywhere near 57k a year, more around 40k, some less than that.

You might not want to tell that's fine but I am still asking, which SO? Palm Beach?

Unregistered
    So you start at the same salary than your brother who has previous LE experience and that after you got sponsored by this SO, you are one lucky guy, most SO in FL don't start you anywhere near 57k a year, more around 40k, some less than that.

You might not want to tell that's fine but I am still asking, which SO? Palm Beach?
    Don't be impressed. The entire post is complete bullshit; fake news which is apparently the new trend these days.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast