Why don't we have better cars?

Unregistered

Why don't we have better cars?

I don't get it... why do we have such a large pool of crappy, high mileage cars? I have never seen an Agency with such junk. Even the smallest counties do better than this.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't get it... why do we have such a large pool of crappy, high mileage cars? I have never seen an Agency with such junk. Even the smallest counties do better than this.
    In a nutshell - law enforcement needs are waaaay down on the list for Florida legislators. Florida's cost per citizen for state employees is 47th. You can't maintain that level of nothingness by buying new cars.

Unregistered
    Why don't FHP get a better salary, and a step plan?

And no I am not even a Trooper, but as a fellow LEO I find it embarrassing, Sunshine State and all those $$$ come on!

Unregistered
    Why hasn't the legislature funded FDLE more? Because FDLE is insignificant and replicates what other Agencies do while desperately trying to find something that fit them. FDLE could disappear and wouldn't be missed. If it wasn't for the crime lab, FDLE would have been disbanded a long time ago.

The agency has turned into a bunch of career Agents that have never made a solo arrest, never written a warrant, or testified in court. The Agent pool is composed of a bunch of internal promotions, most of those who didn't even want to be Agents in the first place and were given the golden ticket because they just happened to be there, and old guys that had problems at the Agency they transferred from or retired from. (after all, why would anyone transfer to FDLE from a good Agency if they didn't have problems)? The smart guys saw what FDLE is all about and moved on a long time ago. If someone is still hanging there, they are just settling.

On top of that, the Supervisor pool is just a bunch of narcissistic robots that can't make a decision without going up the chain... mainly because a lot of those who were promoted were promoted for who they knew and not because they were right for the job. Sound familiar? Goes right up to the Commissioner level.

As the integrity level and experience level gets worse and worse at FDLE, so does it's significance and ability to be funded by the legislature.

If the state NEEDED fdle, you better believe they would be funding them and giving them the tools they need.

Unhappy with your car? Go to a real Agency that is respected and has the funding and don't settle.

Unregistered
    The current administration has a lack on integrity- doing what is right even though they don't have to or if it doesn't feel good. It's all about feeling good now. Personal agenda rules over right/wrong.

This and many other fundamentals have been broken, and the deterioration will continue.

Unregistered
    Want a new car in Tampa? Just be one of the new ASAC's favorites! A long list of Agents driving high mileage crap while one guy who the ASAC is brainwashed over with gets a brand new car, and someone driving a beater for years gets that guys old car. Favoritism at its finest, and it's all OK to the SAC! It's not about what's right.. it's about what who they want to favor.

SAC is willing to let the ASAC's run the region any way they want. Pretty soon the ASAC will be the SAC there. It's just a matter of time.

Unregistered
    Want a new car in Tampa? Just be one of the new ASAC's favorites! A long list of Agents driving high mileage crap while one guy who the ASAC is brainwashed over with gets a brand new car, and someone driving a beater for years gets that guys old car. Favoritism at its finest, and it's all OK to the SAC! It's not about what's right.. it's about what who they want to favor.

SAC is willing to let the ASAC's run the region any way they want. Pretty soon the ASAC will be the SAC there. It's just a matter of time.
    Talk about a morale killer. Now whoever is rightfully due something can just shove it based on a personal decision. Good feeling for the troops.

Unregistered
    Its not you guys its all of state lae enforcement. Some state agencies still have sworn people driving old style impalas. Be happy with what you have

Unregistered
    State agencies get screwed again with no additional money for replacement vehicles...thanks legislature!

Unregistered
    State agencies get screwed again with no additional money for replacement vehicles...thanks legislature!
    Lower wages, lower class of individuals.. just look at the issues FDLE has endured over the past several years compared to decades before that. Numerous arrests of FDLE Agents, SAC's, ASAC's. More corruption and internal investigations than ever before that lead to dismissals. From the outside looking in, FDLE looks worse than ever.

New cars are not the priority with this State Agency and they shouldn't be. The Agency needs a big flushing.