What happened to Homicide and Narcotics? - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    These places need people that have experience and know what it takes to get the job done.. its that simple..

The reason homicide takes rookies with 3 years on is because they don't know any better. Senior detectives wouldn't allow them to get away with the shit they do. Rookies like that kid who just got transferred are scared of their shadow and will say yes sir to everything

Unregistered
    The reason why rookies are going there is because the old crew do nothing but complain and act like they know it all to sound like they really the best. all fake news! So you can't make all that money and not close cases anymore, so what!

Unregistered
    I think you are all missing the underline truth. Do you really think that the Major and Captain have a clue of what to do. They have NEVER EVER worked investigations. Homicide sounds nice, but it's not really a an important place for you to have your best at. FDLE now takes care of po shooting cases and all else. HB and NB are just dumping grounds for warm bodies. Look at the demographics of majors and captains. Follow that and you will find the truth.

Unregistered
    The department is a disaster! Morale is at all time low. Road units don't want to do any proactive police work because of the extra scrutiny of the body cameras and the piss poor management we have. Homicide and Narcotics is having a exodus of some the departments most experienced investigators. You have brass in charge of both units that have limited experience in investigations. They think (as do a lot of our command staff) that everybody is readily replaceable. I see violent crime continuing to escalate in Miami, especially in the inner city. It will gradually get worse and the command staffs answer will be to throw money at it or hire more people (if they can find people who can pass backgrounds). Chicago has a similar problem where the cops don't like the administration and Mayor and look at what is happening there! Miami is on the same road. Sadly, the most concerning part is that violence against LEO's will increase with a emboldened criminal element. Be safe and take care of your fellow LEO's and especially your family.

Unregistered
    The department is a disaster! Morale is at all time low. Road units don't want to do any proactive police work because of the extra scrutiny of the body cameras and the piss poor management we have. Homicide and Narcotics is having a exodus of some the departments most experienced investigators. You have brass in charge of both units that have limited experience in investigations. They think (as do a lot of our command staff) that everybody is readily replaceable. I see violent crime continuing to escalate in Miami, especially in the inner city. It will gradually get worse and the command staffs answer will be to throw money at it or hire more people (if they can find people who can pass backgrounds). Chicago has a similar problem where the cops don't like the administration and Mayor and look at what is happening there! Miami is on the same road. Sadly, the most concerning part is that violence against LEO's will increase with a emboldened criminal element. Be safe and take care of your fellow LEO's and especially your family.
    more murders last night in brownsville gang drug turf related

Unregistered
    These were the best two bureaus for years whats going on?
    I can't speak about narcotics, but with regards to Homicide it was 100% poor administration that killed it. Homicide has become the new friends and family bureau. The upper command staff keep bringing their friends through to pad their resume. For years other agencies came to observe us and model their agencies after ours and a whole new command staff (with little to no investigative experience) came in and decided it wasn't working. Homicide went from one of the most professional bureaus in The eastern US to a mediocre GIU and the experienced guys are abandoning ship. I count 8 homicide detectives on the last Sgt list. Not to mention the ones that already left. Says a lot when that many people would rather end up in midnight uniform than make 140k+ a year. ( and despite some of the BS I see on this board... they earned that 140k.)

Unregistered
    Wow! I don't know about homicide but great job to narcotics! I've been seeing almost on a weekly basis there investigations and arrests on tv. Whatever it is that they are doing keep it up!

Unregistered
    What, or who, is the main reason why these two Bureaus have "fallen off"? Inexperience is probably one. But what personnel should these Bureaus get rid off to rid the cancer making this places sick?

Unregistered
    Wow! I don't know about homicide but great job to narcotics! I've been seeing almost on a weekly basis there investigations and arrests on tv. Whatever it is that they are doing keep it up!

Listen, you rookie narcotics detective any real detective knows what you guys over there have been doing is called "smoke and mirrors"!!! You guys have been busting crackheads and nickel and dime sellers. We see the $100 bombs spread out LOL try to that bs to the people who don't know. Oh yeah we also heard the FEDS got pissed that OCDEFT you guys been working netted only a bunch of small time crackheads..So continue coming to the districts stealing cases from the proactive units scamming the FEDS money.

Unregistered
    Here's a loser that was kicked out of narcotics.. pollack relax and do you job on the road..

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast