Starting the probation officer academy - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You have to be the dumbest poster to DOC..P/P... if you want to go with your argument ...then that means Federal Agents FBI ATF DEA who do NOT enforce traffic laws .. are NOT LEOs....that's why they have task force filled with all type of agencies bevuase they need local cops to do the csr stops ..you guys have statutory powers arrest over probationer.. under federal law you guys have the authority under LEOSA to carry a firearm all OVER THE USA under your badge/ID NO florida permit required.. or did u not know CO/ and Probation do not need a Florida ccw to carry your personal firearm ..

In NYS law all CO''s. And..NYS parole agents are full fledge Leo's who carry on id and have arrest powers on and off duty ..but DO not conduct traffic stops ..all agency who have LEO'S who do not do the training for car stop or the authority or basically their agency don't want them too ..
    work together with local Leo's to compensate for the lack of car stop authority.
    You need to educate yourself. .when you sign up for probation you check the box where it says you will be helping local leos in time of danger under FLORIDA Statue and power within your agency Probation parole are LEO's ..just because u are not enforing traffic laws doesn't make u less of a LEO
    Dude, YOU ARE NOT A POLICE OFFICER!!!!!!1 At the end of the day you are not a POLICE OFFICER. No mater what you may say/think you are NOT a police officer. When you want to conduct a traffic stop do you grab your STARSKY and HUTCH blue and red bubble lights on your dash and stop the vehicle? Do you flick your headlights on/off? Do you pull up beside them and tell them to pull over? All of this in your POV....You are a idiot, NOT A POLICE OFFICER.
    Furthermore you are not in NY my friend, you are in FLORIDA.
    If you want to be a police officer so bad, go to the academy and become one.
    YOU WERE HIRED AS A PROBATION OFFICER/ NOT POLICE OFFICER. If you are able to peruse PEOPLEFIRST and look at the sworn jobs you will see that many state probation does not constitute or qualify as law enforcement- so take your azz back to NY

Unregistered
    "At the end of the day." Please come up with a new staying, Dude! I tried to be a police officer but I couldn't pass the doughnut eating portion of the academy. And with my masters degree, I was told I was over qualified.

LEO89
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbationRookie View Post
    I have been told that I will be starting the academy in tallahassee in the middle of January 2017. Can someone tell me what I should expect with P.E. and classes? Do we sleep in a dormitory? Any little bit of information you can give me would be greatly appreciated
    do you know the exact date that the academy is starting?

Unregistered

Heading to the academy

I will be going to the academy in January. The start date that I have is the 9th with the 8th designated for travel.

Unregistered
    Dude, YOU ARE NOT A POLICE OFFICER!!!!!!1 At the end of the day you are not a POLICE OFFICER. No mater what you may say/think you are NOT a police officer. When you want to conduct a traffic stop do you grab your STARSKY and HUTCH blue and red bubble lights on your dash and stop the vehicle? Do you flick your headlights on/off? Do you pull up beside them and tell them to pull over? All of this in your POV....You are a idiot, NOT A POLICE OFFICER.
    YOU WERE HIRED AS A PROBATION OFFICER/ NOT POLICE OFFICER. If you are able to peruse PEOPLEFIRST and look at the sworn jobs you will see that many state probation does not constitute or qualify as law enforcement- so take your azz back to NY
    Dude, according to Florida statute, probation officers are classified as law enforcement, whether you like it or not. I'm a CO now, former cop. Yes I am considered law enforcement but people like you can't fathom the fact that there are different branches in law enforcement that do different things but all under the same umbrella. As a CO I know I'm not a cop anymore but I can tell you that I've seen and done more shit in the prison than I ever saw on the street. If you only classify law enforcement as being able to make a traffic stop then you are just an idiot. We are all law enforcement with different jurisdictional boundaries and limits. Stop being an ass.

Guest 12
    Dude, according to Florida statute, probation officers are classified as law enforcement, whether you like it or not. I'm a CO now, former cop. Yes I am considered law enforcement but people like you can't fathom the fact that there are different branches in law enforcement that do different things but all under the same umbrella. As a CO I know I'm not a cop anymore but I can tell you that I've seen and done more shit in the prison than I ever saw on the street. If you only classify law enforcement as being able to make a traffic stop then you are just an idiot. We are all law enforcement with different jurisdictional boundaries and limits. Stop being an ass.
    This person is absolutely right with what he is saying because there are several different branches of law enforcement and corrections and probation/parole is one of them. To go further on probation/parole the US Marshals deputize us for assignments so obviously we are law enforcement officers as well so that you know.

Unregistered
    You are both wrong. FDLE is the governing body for certifications. According to them, when you finish the Probation Academy, your certification will read that you are a Certified Probation Officer. Unlike when people finish the LEO academy. Their certification reads that they are Certified Law Enforcement Officers. So, in the end, according to FDLE, A PO is not a LEO.... There is your answer Rambo

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbationRookie View Post
    WOW!! Are you serious? All that just to become a probation officer? That is crazy. I could understand if this was to become a real cop, but for a PO? I rather joing FHP and go through all that then just be some social worker at a desk.

i want to know from recent graduates how this academy crap experience was it for them? Please share
    …..Troll much?

Unregistered
    You are both wrong. FDLE is the governing body for certifications. According to them, when you finish the Probation Academy, your certification will read that you are a Certified Probation Officer. Unlike when people finish the LEO academy. Their certification reads that they are Certified Law Enforcement Officers. So, in the end, according to FDLE, A PO is not a LEO.... There is your answer Rambo
    FYI, Rambo was not a Law Enforcement Officer.

Unregistered
    That degree from Bethune Cookman seems to be doing you real well.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast