Mod 1 question

Thread: Mod 1 question

Unregistered

Mod 1 question

Subpoenas,

I know in 2008 you said Leoaffairs has never released identifying information on posters. Does this still hold true since it is now 8 years later. There are many administrator's and others that would love to get that information. Mostly because what is posted about them is damaging yet factual and embarrassing.
    So are the user's of this most needed website protected?

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Subpoenas,

I know in 2008 you said Leoaffairs has never released identifying information on posters. Does this still hold true since it is now 8 years later. There are many administrator's and others that would love to get that information. Mostly because what is posted about them is damaging yet factual and embarrassing.
    So are the user's of this most needed website protected?
    With the takeover by Bright Mountain, I cannot definitively say yes or no on whether any IP addresses have been released or not. I can say that I have not released any and I have no direct knowledge of any being released.

With that said, all we have is the IP address. The only information that gives anyone is the ISP. They then have to convince the ISP to release the user's personal information. ISP's in this country are very large wealthy corporations. They don't just release that stuff willy nilly. They would require a court order and probably would fight it if they didn't feel it was a legitimate criminal need.

Plus if they were to get that personal information from the ISP, then they would have to then prove who was on the computer/tablet/phone with that IP address at the date and time in question. This could prove to be a very daunting task.

So while I feel that you information is pretty safe, I would suggest that all users follow the Terms of Use while posting. You can still talk about administrators when posting, you just can't post anything libelous, slams, improper allegations or other violations of the Terms of Use.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Thank you very much!