Did the state reinstate the 3% retirement earned each year?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Did the state reinstate the 3% retirement earned each year?

I was wondering if the state reinstated the 3% retirement earned each year for retirement?

I have not heard anything about it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was wondering if the state reinstated the 3% retirement earned each year for retirement?

I have not heard anything about it.
    NO! Only those who made the cutoff by, I believe, July 1, 2011. Your horrible Gov. Scott created this along with the decrease in the DROP interest rate.

Unregistered
    NO! Only those who made the cutoff by, I believe, July 1, 2011. Your horrible Gov. Scott created this along with the decrease in the DROP interest rate.
    I believe the 3% annual COLA has not been reinstated. The 3% per year of service is still in place. If I am wrong, someone please correct me. I retired in 2011.

Unregistered
    I believe the 3% annual COLA has not been reinstated. The 3% per year of service is still in place. If I am wrong, someone please correct me. I retired in 2011.
    You are correct. The 3% COLA is gone. The republican Ponzi Scheme that ended it sunsetted on 06/30/16. When the republican legislature took the money, they created a false belief that it would only be for five years. Guess what happened next? The republicans passed another bill reinstating the COLA IF the republican legislature decided to fund it. Go ahead and make another guess....NO FUNDS were made available to reinstate COLA. Thank a republican on November 8th.

Unregistered
    So that means the longer some of these troopers staying on are just making their own yearly retirement COLA smaller with each passing year.

Unregistered
    So that means the longer some of these troopers staying on are just making their own yearly retirement COLA smaller with each passing year.
    Yep. Whatever years you had before July 1, 2011 gets divided into whatever you earned after that date. So theoretically your COLA gets smaller each year. if you started after 07/01/2011, it's a moot point. You aren't getting a COLA. Thank a republican on November 8th.

Unregistered
    Your talking about an agency that does not even try and ask for a raise for its civilian employees, that haven't has a raise since 2006. Fhp does not care about its people at all.

Unregistered

Angry

Your talking about an agency that does not even try and ask for a raise for its civilian employees, that haven't has a raise since 2006. Fhp does not care about its people at all.
    Beat them at their own game: PROMOTE and EARN higher wages and pensions.
    It's not rocket science; it's economics 101.

Unregistered

Smart a$$...

Beat them at their own game: PROMOTE and EARN higher wages and pensions.
    It's not rocket science; it's economics 101.
    Sure I will...why didn't I think of that before, wait!! if I promote to Sgt I'll be making 44k and change a year 🤔 that makes sense. That's A BIG chunk of money a year!!!!!👌
    That is probably a reason everyone in the Patrol wants to promote, smfh!!

Unregistered
    Sure I will...why didn't I think of that before, wait!! if I promote to Sgt I'll be making 44k and change a year 🤔 that makes sense. That's A BIG chunk of money a year!!!!!👌
    That is probably a reason everyone in the Patrol wants to promote, smfh!!
    How much of a pay raise is there for getting promoted to sergeant?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast