Air Marshals Hiring Again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Air Marshals Hiring Again

Federal Air Marshals are hiring again. App closes 11/7.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Federal Air Marshals are hiring again. App closes 11/7.

Here's the actual posting in case anyone is actually interested.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/454227600/

Worst. Job. In. Law. Enforcement.

Unregistered
    Here's the actual posting in case anyone is actually interested.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/454227600/

Worst. Job. In. Law. Enforcement.
    Not worse than FHP, at least they get paid good $. It just involves some traveling if you are OK with that. I used to spend more time away from my family by constantly working 208. I went to a local S.O and now I can actually go out and afford a nice dinner meal with my wife.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the posting. I'm considering it. My buddy went with them 7 years ago and never looked back. He is now a supervisor and doesn't do much traveling, he also makes over 115k with the locality pay.

Unregistered

👎

Worst Law Enforcement job ever!!!
    Who wants to work in an airplane every single week??, it is like working as a Correction Officer at a Jail, it's boring!!
    Yes, money is good, but your life style will be sucks.
    Family life.... forget it!! you can't have one. Unless you have not wife and kids, then I would say go for it. I always say money is Not everything, sure it helps. But is not all in life.

Unregistered
    Who wants to work in an airplane every single week??, it is like working as a Correction Officer at a Jail, it's boring!!
    Family life.... forget it!! you can't have one. Unless you have not wife and kids, then I would say go for it. I always say money is Not everything, sure it helps. But is not all in life.
    FAMS, despite the title, do more than fly on airplanes every week. Much like FHP, which has bureaus and units that are relatively unknown outside the agency, FAMS also has specialized units that operate outside airplane cabins. Check out the VIPR teams.

https://www.tsa.gov/news/testimony/2...-meet-evolving

The Director of FAMS told Congress:
    In addition to deploying the Federal Air Marshals onboard aircraft, FAMS assigns Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams at a variety of locations to augment the visible presence of law enforcement and security personnel in all modes of transportation

Unregistered
    Do they feed you crayons on the short bus or glue?

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2691716]Not worse than FHP, at least they get paid good $. It just involves some traveling if you are OK with that. I used to spend more time away from my family by constantly working 208. I went to a local S.O and now I can actually go out and afford a nice dinner meal with me
    Thats the point I give ANY trooper my full blessing on this and wish them the best of luck let the haters and naysayers suck an egg

Unregistered
    The problem with being a Marshall is that you have just as much as a chance of a being on a plane with a bomb going off in the luggage area as you do of actually dealing with a terrorist on board the aircraft.. I would imagine it would be years and years of boredom, followed by possibly a few seconds of terror... Years ago I would have done it, but now I'll pass...

Unregistered
    Holy crap 5 minutes of research on this and. It will make you feel great about FHP. These openings are available because the people in them have either committed suicide or liquored up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast