Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Unregistered

Lightbulb Question

What insight can be given related to the written and interview exercise? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered

Who go it?

PAT and interviews are over, any word on who will get the job? Any rumors or names ?

Unregistered
    I heard that close to 15 people tried out for the openings down south. Is that correct?

Active LEO interested in applying....

I am actively employed with 4 years experience (all patrol but no GIU experience). What is the starting pay? Would I begin at a step increase? What is the off duty availability like? I know I'm already certified but do I need to attend additional in house training up north?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by 442311 View Post
    I am actively employed with 4 years experience (all patrol but no GIU experience). What is the starting pay? Would I begin at a step increase? What is the off duty availability like? I know I'm already certified but do I need to attend additional in house training up north?
    The starting pay is $41K, there is no step increase for prior experience. If you are in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County you will receive an additional $5K. When you finish probation, you will receive a 1K bump in your base salary, beyond that we are at the mercy of the legislature. There is some off duty jobs available, but that depends on where you are in the state as far as the availability. Everyone spends a week in Tallahassee when they are hired just doing some high liability training and some administrative stuff. Best of luck to you.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The starting pay is $41K, there is no step increase for prior experience. If you are in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County you will receive an additional $5K. When you finish probation, you will receive a 1K bump in your base salary, beyond that we are at the mercy of the legislature. There is some off duty jobs available, but that depends on where you are in the state as far as the availability. Everyone spends a week in Tallahassee when they are hired just doing some high liability training and some administrative stuff. Best of luck to you.
    How soon do you get assigned a take home vehicle? And does the agency require you to pay for it's usage? (At least my dept does).

Unregistered
    How soon do you get assigned a take home vehicle? And does the agency require you to pay for it's usage? (At least my dept does).
    Take home car is assigned your first day. We are not allowed to use our vehicles for personal use, but if you work off duty, you can use it to for your off duty jobs, and you do pay for the mileage if using for off duty.

Unregistered
    Take home car is assigned your first day. We are not allowed to use our vehicles for personal use, but if you work off duty, you can use it to for your off duty jobs, and you do pay for the mileage if using for off duty.
    Ok. What is the off duty rate?

Unregistered
    The rate varies depending on where you are in the state. In South Florida, it seems to be around 45 an hour. These jobs are not set up by the department, but through other detectives who schedule off duty, identical to FHP off duty. We can work off duty through a FHP scheduler.

Unregistered
    The rate varies depending on where you are in the state. In South Florida, it seems to be around 45 an hour. These jobs are not set up by the department, but through other detectives who schedule off duty, identical to FHP off duty. We can work off duty through a FHP scheduler.
    Thank you for all of the information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast