dam.....smiff put FIR on blast - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    "The last poster is the real POS quit kicking a man when he is down."

Quit defending this scum. He is an embarrassment to the agency and I agree is a pos.
    Haha you guys crack me up, I'm pretty positive you wouldn't say that to him only behind a computer...and if you did he would be your best friend because that would mean you are not a *****. Smith is and always has been a good guy and deputy. What if this was all bs and the gun was just a stupid decision and not related to drugs, maybe he needed money for food for a day have any of you F@gs ever got to know him, I've been there and seen him buy $50 worth of food for homeless guys on duty and Thornton can back that up this guy would give you anything you needed Maybe his ex-wife took him and everything he had on his divorce and he had hard times if all your believe it is a narrative from the sheriff which was completely Overkill obviously maybe they were trying to pound it home because there's nothing to it I don't know but I do know him personally. I don't really care what happened I still have his back no matter what and all you computer tough guys why don't you go up to him and tell him hahaha

Unregistered
    Haha you guys crack me up, I'm pretty positive you wouldn't say that to him only behind a computer...and if you did he would be your best friend because that would mean you are not a *****. Smith is and always has been a good guy and deputy. What if this was all bs and the gun was just a stupid decision and not related to drugs, maybe he needed money for food for a day have any of you F@gs ever got to know him, I've been there and seen him buy $50 worth of food for homeless guys on duty and Thornton can back that up this guy would give you anything you needed Maybe his ex-wife took him and everything he had on his divorce and he had hard times if all your believe it is a narrative from the sheriff which was completely Overkill obviously maybe they were trying to pound it home because there's nothing to it I don't know but I do know him personally. I don't really care what happened I still have his back no matter what and all you computer tough guys why don't you go up to him and tell him hahaha
    You are the POS then. The criminal was down on his luck according to you, but you didn't step up to the plate and help him out to "buy food." Great friend you are. Of all the choices, he decides to pawn his gun and steal drugs. F'ing dolt you are. Go back to holding a sign for Bobby boy on election day.

Unregistered
    You must be on that hydro yourself or maybe something even stronger. Thanks for some good laughs though.

Unregistered
    How out of control do you need to be to sale/pawn your service weapon? Obviously he didn't think he had a problem because he didn't seek help which he could have done via our benefits. There are countless stories of good people getting hooked on drugs and committing crimes or doing stuff that gets them fired from their jobs. Smith did however bring to light a problem that needs to be addressed, how many other employees are addicted to pills or other types of illicit drugs?
    How many current employees would be fired, if they were drug tested today? The agency really doesn't want to know, or they would do something to keep its employees from being shall we say, tempted to partake in activities that they are sworn to enforce. Being cool among your civilian friends and dabbling in illicit drugs, undermines all of us. Not to mention just how easy it would be to black mail you for favors etc. Compassion for a person that has a addiction is admirable, right up till you commit crimes, then your no different than everybody else that we arrest. Clear headed, drug free employees isn't a goal, its a requirement.

Unregistered
    How out of control do you need to be to sale/pawn your service weapon? Obviously he didn't think he had a problem because he didn't seek help which he could have done via our benefits. There are countless stories of good people getting hooked on drugs and committing crimes or doing stuff that gets them fired from their jobs. Smith did however bring to light a problem that needs to be addressed, how many other employees are addicted to pills or other types of illicit drugs?
    How many current employees would be fired, if they were drug tested today? The agency really doesn't want to know, or they would do something to keep its employees from being shall we say, tempted to partake in activities that they are sworn to enforce. Being cool among your civilian friends and dabbling in illicit drugs, undermines all of us. Not to mention just how easy it would be to black mail you for favors etc. Compassion for a person that has a addiction is admirable, right up till you commit crimes, then your no different than everybody else that we arrest. Clear headed, drug free employees isn't a goal, its a requirement.
    A+

If the agency every drug tested it would end up having to fire a bunch of people including supervisory and command level staff. That is one reason it doesn't do it, because it hits too close to home. Then there is the problem of hiring replacements given its falling reputation so have to settle for less qualified people.

Unregistered
    . The point is did they give him a quota and then he fire back and say I'm not doing a quarter and then they move him as a result if that is the case which I know everyone knows they have a quota of 30 at least under border Peterson on night shift then he has a strong ass lawsuit and anyone who else wants to jump on board with that who's been told they have a quota better jump on before the Ship Sails oh wait I'm going to jump on also sorry anyone else

Unregistered
    . The point is did they give him a quota and then he fire back and say I'm not doing a quarter and then they move him as a result if that is the case which I know everyone knows they have a quota of 30 at least under border Peterson on night shift then he has a strong ass lawsuit and anyone who else wants to jump on board with that who's been told they have a quota better jump on before the Ship Sails oh wait I'm going to jump on also sorry anyone else
    WTF was this!? You started that whole mess with a period and then ran on with some unintelligible and undecipherable garbage. From the looks of it, you need to piss in the cup as well.

Unregistered
    Just say "No thank you!" to drugs.

Unregistered

Quotas

There has been no quotas per se, but an expectation to produce FIR's. A clear message is sent from supervision that 2 FIR's are expected per shift (Day shift). This message has created fear amongst the troops that if they don't get 30 for the month they will be dealt with accordingly. The problem with these expectations is that Deputies are now making up ways to FIR people or changing calls to create a number for stats. This will create garbage and eventually come back to haunt PCSO once the wrong person is stopped or a Deputy makes a statement about a quota to them. This practice needs to stop! Deputies who are not doing their jobs need to be dealt with individually. We are sworn to uphold the laws of this state, given the authority to arrest individuals, carry a gun and use it if necessary. Why aren't we trusted in doing our jobs if we truly see something that doesn't look right and needs to be investigated???

Unregistered
    There has never been a quota; stay active and don't sit under a tree all day/ night and nobody messes with you. I get, on average, 3 FIRs per week and nobody says a damn thing to me because I'm working. Even if they did have a FIR quota, what in the hell does that have to do with him pawning his agency gun and stealing pills from OMC when the family member of the deceased brought them in. He was on the desk, he obviously wasn't expected to get many FIRs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast