Turnpike Standoff
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Turnpike Standoff

http://www.local10.com/traffic/turnp...-into-custody-

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/P...397813571.html

Miami-Dade PD shut down the Pike today during a standoff with an armed susoect threatening to harm himself. Eventually MDPD SWAT arrested him.

Florida Statute 338.239(2): "...Florida Highway Patrol Troop K shall be headquartered with the turnpike enterprise and shall be the official and preferred law enforcement troop for the turnpike system.

The South Region also has an SRT Team. So, if we're the "official and preferred" LE troop for the Turnpike, and we have an SRT Team, why did Metro run the show?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://www.local10.com/traffic/turnp...-into-custody-

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/P...397813571.html

Miami-Dade PD shut down the Pike today during a standoff with an armed susoect threatening to harm himself. Eventually MDPD SWAT arrested him.

Florida Statute 338.239(2): "...Florida Highway Patrol Troop K shall be headquartered with the turnpike enterprise and shall be the official and preferred law enforcement troop for the turnpike system.

The South Region also has an SRT Team. So, if we're the "official and preferred" LE troop for the Turnpike, and we have an SRT Team, why did Metro run the show?
    You are an IDIOT!

Unregistered
    Who cares? The SRT team members were all probably x65ing calls while this was going down. Our real responsibility it traffic crashes, disabled vehicles, and speed tickets on the turnpike. If your so concerned why MDPD showed up on something they should be showing up for anyways, then go join with them. I really don't care. My squad and I enjoy working a S4 any day over that crap. Cheers

Unregistered
    Who cares? The SRT team members were all probably x65ing calls while this was going down. Our real responsibility it traffic crashes, disabled vehicles, and speed tickets on the turnpike. If your so concerned why MDPD showed up on something they should be showing up for anyways, then go join with them. I really don't care. My squad and I enjoy working a S4 any day over that crap. Cheers
    My point exactly. Why do we maintain something we obviously have no use for? It makes no sense to expend the resources to maintain an SRT Team when it has absolutely no function.

Unregistered
    Ask Major Joe Lopez instead of posting it on here.

Unregistered
    We maintain SRT so they can suit up and drive around in a tank and clear trees from I-95 during a hurricane.

Unregistered
    Your SRT team is not equipped or training to handle calls like this. Its not a dig but they have no mission nor do they have any experience. THey are a TEAM without a mission..

Unregistered
    Your SRT team is not equipped or training to handle calls like this. Its not a dig but they have no mission nor do they have any experience. THey are a TEAM without a mission..
    So why have it? We got rid of the helicopters for precisely this reason--they were a duplication of services the locals already provided. Hell, our own PIO even denies their existence. Can anyone on SRT give a reasonable explanation for maintaining it?

Unregistered
    So why have it? We got rid of the helicopters for precisely this reason--they were a duplication of services the locals already provided. Hell, our own PIO even denies their existence. Can anyone on SRT give a reasonable explanation for maintaining it?
    SRT is another lie, another conspiracy brought to you by the mainstream medias and politicians, they do not exist, you have more chances to spot Bigfoot than FHP SRT on mission

Unregistered
    FHP has no helicopters they have a few single engine fixed wings but no choppers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast