How is it?

Thread: How is it?

Unregistered

How is it?

Hey,

I'm currently an officer for a neighboring agency and looking for insight into applying for this agency. I know the pay is significantly better than where i'm at now (with a bachelors, the salary scale puts me "PO3"). I know the beach is hiring, but honestly I rather avoid that place.

I'm not familiar with the morale, benefits, take home vehicle policy, off duties, or the quality of life at this place. Would making the switch be a good move? Is this a place worth working for? My current agency is not exactly a stellar place to be working right now.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Unregistered

Stay away!

Stay away from this place at all costs! I speak more as a well-informed officer than a disgruntled one. Years ago, I would've told anyone to come join the team, but not anymore. Our staff is scandal-ridden, morale is down, and raises are laughable. Staff here is more concerned with getting officers in trouble than standing up for officers and bringing crime down. And we are down so many officers due to resignations, it has a become a real safety issue. For your own sanity and to not waste your time, I advise you to apply to the County, BSO, or even palm beach county SO! They have an amazing agency. Good luck and be sure to do your homework before you apply anywhere. Good luck

Unregistered
    Thanks for the response, appreciate it!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for the response, appreciate it!
    So.....if it is that bad, why are you still here after so many years? Hmmm

Unregistered
    We don't deny the fact that the original officers are paid well which makes it hard to leave and find a competitive salary. The problem is that our new officers are not being paid well and the same incentives we received are no longer offered. That combined with the other problems we face diminishes the morale.

Maybe things get better when we negotiate a new contract or maybe not. But only time will tell!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We don't deny the fact that the original officers are paid well which makes it hard to leave and find a competitive salary. The problem is that our new officers are not being paid well and the same incentives we received are no longer offered. That combined with the other problems we face diminishes the morale.

Maybe things get better when we negotiate a new contract or maybe not. But only time will tell!
    Thank you for clearing it up and being impartial. I read all the posts and I just see negative officers trying to diminish the good officers that work at your agency. I had the opportunity to meet many of them and they're a great group of guys.

Unregistered
    I concur, hardworking guys! The young ones though... I'm thinking about applying..

Unregistered

Redipuglia synteco

How's the brotherhood there?