Fhp or fbi
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fhp or fbi

Unregistered

Fhp or fbi

I had a good friend who applied to FHP around six years ago. She passed everything but the polygraph. She got discouraged and went to Florida DOC and has since become a recruiter for them. I hear some applicants do have problems with polygraph but they ultimately re apply and eventually become troopers. Do you think getting into FHP is just as hard as joining the FBI?

Unregistered
    You need to make a fair comparison. FHP is a uniformed Leo agency that handles calls for assistance from the public. The FBI is a huge investigative branch for the govt. I'm sure it's a lot more rigorous to get hired by the FBI than it would be for FHP (testing, degree requirement, credit issues).

I can tell the original poster of this message is a teenager or a college student. You want some advice? Keep your nose clean, get a degree (minimum bachelors) and then you will have a lot more choices as to where to apply.

FHP is great agency to work for. The pay is not the best but it's overall a great / steady job.

Best of luck

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You need to make a fair comparison. FHP is a uniformed Leo agency that handles calls for assistance from the public. The FBI is a huge investigative branch for the govt. I'm sure it's a lot more rigorous to get hired by the FBI than it would be for FHP (testing, degree requirement, credit issues).

I can tell the original poster of this message is a teenager or a college student. You want some advice? Keep your nose clean, get a degree (minimum bachelors) and then you will have a lot more choices as to where to apply.

FHP is great agency to work for. The pay is not the best but it's overall a great / steady job.

Best of luck
    Great reply and best of luck!

Unregistered
    I had a good friend who applied to FHP around six years ago. She passed everything but the polygraph. She got discouraged and went to Florida DOC and has since become a recruiter for them. I hear some applicants do have problems with polygraph but they ultimately re apply and eventually become troopers. Do you think getting into FHP is just as hard as joining the FBI?
    A polygraph is a process used to make the applicant confess negative things he/she did not disclose in the application, it is an intimidation tool, stay out of trouble, be honest when you fill your application an with the recruiter and polygraph examiner BEFORE being wired to the computer and you won't have to worry about it

Unregistered
    A polygraph session when you apply with the FBI, US Marshals, ATF and so on (even with the Border Patrol) can take half a day, you aren't plugged half a day but it is a show put by the examiner. I have never heard of a polygraph session lasting more than 4 hours for FHP, that's including the full process not just the time you are on the machine, so I would say that a poly for the Feds is more "difficult"

Unregistered
    Thanks so much for your help.

Unregistered
    ...Do you think getting into FHP is just as hard as joining the FBI?
    No. Not by a long shot. Getting hired to be a janitor in an FBI office is probably more difficult than getting hired by FHP.

Unregistered
    No. Not by a long shot. Getting hired to be a janitor in an FBI office is probably more difficult than getting hired by FHP.
    Very true. I've never heard of the FBI hiring gang members. The same can't be said for FHP.

Unregistered
    Being hired as a part time/on call translator for the FBI is already tough, but believe it or not it is not as easy as many think it is to be hired by FHP, I can tell you that a LOT of folks show up to the PAT, but look how many recruits come out of the academy every year, not a lot.

Unregistered
    Being hired as a part time/on call translator for the FBI is already tough, but believe it or not it is not as easy as many think it is to be hired by FHP, I can tell you that a LOT of folks show up to the PAT, but look how many recruits come out of the academy every year, not a lot.
    It's literally just a capacity issue. We get over 1,000 applications a month. There's well over 100 that test each month (all three sites put together) But all they can process is maybe 180 recruits a year (three classes at 60 recruits a piece). Yes, we're the most selective agency on paper, but it's not like we're hiring Law Enforcement All Stars. We've hired gang members, individuals with just a very basic grasp of the English language, and other real winners.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast