Fhp or fbi - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fhp or fbi

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's literally just a capacity issue. We get over 1,000 applications a month. There's well over 100 that test each month (all three sites put together) But all they can process is maybe 180 recruits a year (three classes at 60 recruits a piece). Yes, we're the most selective agency on paper, but it's not like we're hiring Law Enforcement All Stars. We've hired gang members, individuals with just a very basic grasp of the English language, and other real winners.
    There are plenty of large LE agencies in FL that get a lot more apps and hire far fewer than FHP. Your turn over rate is terrible. The old two and screw method. But you guys are far from the most selective, have you seen some of the crap you guys hire?

Unregistered
    There are plenty of large LE agencies in FL that get a lot more apps and hire far fewer than FHP. Your turn over rate is terrible. The old two and screw method. But you guys are far from the most selective, have you seen some of the crap you guys hire?
    I posted the comment he/she replied to, I was thinking about processing issues not the agency being extremely selective with every single recruit filing a spot

Unregistered
    It's literally just a capacity issue. We get over 1,000 applications a month. There's well over 100 that test each month (all three sites put together) But all they can process is maybe 180 recruits a year (three classes at 60 recruits a piece). Yes, we're the most selective agency on paper, but it's not like we're hiring Law Enforcement All Stars. We've hired gang members, individuals with just a very basic grasp of the English language, and other real winners.
    It makes you wonder how they manage to hire folks who cannot communicate effectively in English or even worse thugs, if 100 test every month I don't believe one second that most are felons or folks who can't speak English, this is a joke

Unregistered
    Miami PD and Miami Dade PD are selective for what I know yet they also hire some folks that should have never been LEO, the family&friend plan is a known major issue with those agencies. I think Tampa PD and Jacksonville are pretty good at processing lots of applicants and hiring almost exclusively very good recruits.

Unregistered
    It makes you wonder how they manage to hire folks who cannot communicate effectively in English or even worse thugs, if 100 test every month I don't believe one second that most are felons or folks who can't speak English, this is a joke
    I never said "most" I said that even with the overwhelming number of applicants we process, we somehow have still hired street gang members and some who could not communicate effectively in English.

Unregistered
    FBI vs FHP hiring/selection process are not even on the same planet. 10 years ago, while living in the northeast, I applied to the FBI. My application was accepted and processed, and just like any agency there are layers and stages in which to successfully complete in order to continue.

I had no LEO experience, only a BS degree from an accredited university and a full time job. However the written portion of the exam was the hardest exam I have ever taken in my life. One portion of the exam was multiple choice where you were to read a 6-10 paragraph passage, and answer the following multiple choice question. This particular part of the test was 3 hours in length and only 20 questions. That in of itself should tell you the time needed to answer one question. The 5 multiple choice answers could have all been the correct answer, but they wanted the best answer. You needed to disect the verbage, understand the language, compare and contrast each answer as an option and come up with the point of the passage. It was extremely difficult. I failed, which I completely expected after I left the FBI building. That test knocked me down a few pegs, and gave me a new respect for the Feds.

About 6 years later I was processes and hired at FHP, whilst scoring a 96 on the CJBAT. Not a brag because I am sure everyone did well on that test, it wasn't rocket science, but it was not anywhere near the cognitive thinking and processing needed for the Feds. Not a fair comparison in any way whatsoever, in my opinion. FBI is head and shoulders, as far as hiring, over all other LE agencies.

Unregistered
    FBI vs FHP hiring/selection process are not even on the same planet. 10 years ago, while living in the northeast, I applied to the FBI. My application was accepted and processed, and just like any agency there are layers and stages in which to successfully complete in order to continue.

I had no LEO experience, only a BS degree from an accredited university and a full time job. However the written portion of the exam was the hardest exam I have ever taken in my life. One portion of the exam was multiple choice where you were to read a 6-10 paragraph passage, and answer the following multiple choice question. This particular part of the test was 3 hours in length and only 20 questions. That in of itself should tell you the time needed to answer one question. The 5 multiple choice answers could have all been the correct answer, but they wanted the best answer. You needed to disect the verbage, understand the language, compare and contrast each answer as an option and come up with the point of the passage. It was extremely difficult. I failed, which I completely expected after I left the FBI building. That test knocked me down a few pegs, and gave me a new respect for the Feds.
    About 6 years later I was processes and hired at FHP, whilst scoring a 96 on the CJBAT. Not a brag because I am sure everyone did well on that test, it wasn't rocket science, but it was not anywhere near the cognitive thinking and processing needed for the Feds. Not a fair comparison in any way whatsoever, in my opinion. FBI is head and shoulders, as far as hiring, over all other LE agencies.
    The Border Patrol is already a lengthy and not easy process so I can only imagine that the FBI is very tough, US Marshals, ATF and DEA are probably on the same level

Unregistered
    ...I can only imagine that the FBI is very tough, US Marshals, ATF and DEA are probably on the same level
    Tough doesn't begin to describe the process involved in becoming an 1811 at a premier 3- or 4-letter agency. If you don't have a 4-year degree, don't even bother applying. If you don't ALSO have prior military or LE experience, don't even bother applying unless your degree is in something like chemical engineering, forensic accounting, or IT security... or you speak Russian or Arabic (fluently). The entire application process will take 18-24 months minimum... IF you can even get an application in before the window closes. The physical test is grueling (as opposed to the FHP/FDLE test, which is a @#$%ing joke), and you'll have to do it more than once during the process. Plan on 2 polygraphs (one in the early application stages, and one prior to final job offer), and having to travel to various appointments during the process.

I am prior military with a 4-year degree, and I applied to a 3-letter agency... I got a lovely "you are not among the best/most qualified applicants" email about 3 weeks after I applied. I didn't even make it through the initial application screening. It's TOUGH.

If you're dead set on getting into Federal LE, look into other departments and agencies as a way to get your foot in the door.

Unregistered
    1,000 applications a month is nothing. Try to find the posting the next time the FBI lists Special Agent openings on USAjobs.gov. Most of them have a caveat like "this job posting will close at midnight on [3-4 days after the date it's posted] or when we receive 20,000 applications, whichever comes first" or something similar. And they'll get their 20,000 applications in 18-36 hours.

Unregistered
    Yep! The FBI is a real class act. Look at the thorough investigation they did on Killary!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast