Crespo just did story about 9 missing weapons from proeprty room - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok your talking about things that happen 30 years ago old man. So what your saying your department is still committing the same mistakes.
    You have given several examples of Internal affairs making huge mistakes and jumping the gun.
    I say to you what qualification did they have in the past to be assign to The highest ethical elite unit?
    Now the qualifications are you must be part of the family and friends program. It doesn't matter if you have any education, training, experience, or sustained disciplinary issues just as long as you are part of the corruption click.
    You have now Internal affairs detective that lie, steal, and cover up unbelievable shit.
    I say to you start at the top and work yourself down.
    Take out the family and friend plan.
    Brother and sister working together.
    husband and wife in the same unit.
    Chief and mistress
    Boyfriend and girlfriend etc etc
    In today's era if property are still getting lost, misplaced or accidentally destroyed then start by firing the Chief, notify the DOJ and start again.
    Al great job! Thank you for your service
    Well, young man if you think about it YES! The department is still making the same mistakes. I.S./I.A. are still making the same mistakes and a whole lot of new ones. In the past it was the same. It's who you knew that got you transferred to special unit's. Not what you did as a patrol officer. The great work and all. Sure what I stated happen 30 years ago but what of the life's that they ruin in their quickness to cover up their mistakes. Cops are human. We make mistake. Our mistakes cost people their freedom, jobs of the likes you'll never know unless your on the receiving end. I've know many cops here that's been let go for many reason's some justified. Many weren't. Another thing many forget, overlook or are unaware of. You have an encounter with someone out on the street. That person is friends with someone at city hall or on staff. They get I.A. involved. Even if your lucky and the complaint is unfounded. It's in your file. Say over the course within the next year. You get another complaint. Their going to see a pattern or make it look at if there is one.
    I.A is not an investigating arm of the department out of the regular chain of command. Like it's to be. No staff member from any unit should go into I.A. and have an investigation go the way they want it. Yet, it happens. I remember an officer got a missing property complaint from a uncle of a staff member. At first the complaint was founded, cause I.A. did a quick investigation. Never talked to the fireman that were their. He wrote his rebuttable and the investigation had to be reopened. Instead of doing the right thing and clear the complaint. It was unfounded which mean their not enough evident to prove one way or another. Yet, their was cause the fireman said they took the wallet with them to the hospital. So, since I.A. got a little burned over this. A month later he as a single unit gets dispatched to a motel on found property. Out of his sector to the south end. The clerk stated after these people check out. He went to clean the room and found money. Not a lot around a thousand dollars. The funniest part of all this the clerk was with Metro's I.R. which is internal review. The same as our I.A before they changed their named too. These guys knew each other, were at the academy the same time. Different classes but saw each other everyday for 6 months. Another burn for I.A. Every time this officer tired to transfer to a unit. His I.A. file stopped it from happing. People in this department use I.A. as their personal investigators. When they have a hardon for someone. If you trying to bang a female officer they are. Look out! I.A will be watching. Now we all had friends that have been transferred to I.A. at one time or another. While there, they are not your friends. Your a possible stat for them and yes they too have stats. Just like all the other units in the department. Not officially of course.

Unregistered
    Not to worry Major Rodriguez is on the case.
    The new Cuban major of IA is part of the same F&F plan he will protect.

Unregistered

Expose all past and present corruption at MPD

Mr. Crespo, Have no fears the weapons will turn up in a questionable shooting. If the offender didn't have a weapon. The serial number of the weapons are being files down. Then burned with some acid. To distort any findings down the road. That they were once in the custody of the Miami Police Department. The old habit of having a throw down. Came and bit a few fellows on the azz. So a new approach is being looked into. For safety and concerns for those in the F&F plan.
    Now, you must understand the total mindset of those on staff. Many years ago $150,000 went missing from the safe in S.I.S. Were talking late 80's here. At the time only a few had the means to access and open it. No poly was demanded by staff for those people. Those that had an opinion or a guess. Were transfer out of that unit and placed back in patrol. Cause their views were not what the department wanted. One of the Sgt. kick out had 19 years in that unit, was and is a great honest man. He go kick to "c" shift with W.TH.F. off. For a few months then put in an even shitter area. Funny after a while and the screw job. The department did on a few. Some were going to the media over it. It got shut down real fast. Cause after several months. They found the money. Interesting isn't it. With the volume of items place into property weekly, some can get missed label or throw in a box. Already assigned a case number to a non related case. Accident happen. Our general policy is to react first. Without getting all the facts, before making a well informed decision. It's better to quickly blame others, or the process, before it reaches the media. To make it appears top staff has a handle on things.
    Another interesting story a property clerk was suspected of keeping some of the property turned in. A sting was set up. To use against that clerk. A vehicle that was placed in the impound lot have 2 keys of coke let under the seat. 8 guys for what was then I.S. Which is I.A now sat on the car while this clerk was in the property room. He taken off his detail and told to go inventory the vehicle. Yep, he found the coke! Instead of waiting to see if he would place the drugs into his personal car or turn them in. Just after he pulled out of the impound lot. I.S was all over him. Arrest and charged him.
    Did they jump the gun too soon? That's a question we'll never get an answer to.
    How about this for another I.S f-uck up. IN 89 3 officers were called out for the annul pee-pee test. 2 blacks and 1 white.
    The black failed and were offered a program. Which they both failed again in the program. The white officer was offered but to be fired. A Hugh mistake was made in his process. See 2 samples are taken. If the first run comes up positive then a more intend test is given. They screwed up and did the second test same as the first. Of course got the same results.
    The officer sat in I.S. and heard the mistake being talked about. He was send home. 4 hours later a Lt and Sgt from IS along with the FOP President showed up at his house to relieve him of duty and inventory all city property and take.
    He questioned the mistake he overheard. The I.S Lt. denied any knowledge of what the officer was talking about. He requested a defenses a copy of the recorded line that was use. NOPE. Interesting the entire conversation the Lt. had was on the only non-recorded line into I.S. They fired and ruin his life and people he though were friends. Not only kicked him to the curb but treated his wife like a shi-t bag too. As the saying goes really big in Miami P.D. Better you then me.
    Although this old vet needs to check his spelling and vocabulary useage, what he said here is ALL true ! In addition a black female lieutenant, a Pam Johnson, who was the mistress of then chief Perry Anderson, was caught having cocaine in her system, but like other things here in Miami , it was all covered up.

This is just like when Major Gwen Boyd , shot her Glock into an occupied dwelling , because her lover Roberson Brown, was having sex with then , PSA Farmer, who is now a major herself at MPD !

We older vets could write volumes of what went on back then, and it appears the Friends and Family code of silence is still alive and well at the MPD. Crespo please expose ALL, this corruption must stop !

Unregistered
    SIS had $100,000 that was stolen from the safe. Art give it back
    We assume your are talking about Art Serig, he was in that unit then, and now is one of the richest retirees known ! Funny how that happened ???

Unregistered
    Wasn't that Jorge Lopez, who went on to buy several McDonald's stores ?????
    Serig and Lopez were in the the squad that needed $150,000 for a reverse deal. They were supposed to pose as buyers. The deal fell through, it was after business hours, so they couldn't take the money back to the back. They put it in a safe in SIS for the weekend. Monday morning, big surprise, the safe was empty. Lots of people had the combination. 2 junior detectives were blamed but never charged, and transferred out. They were probably innocent. Some people accused the major too, but he was probably innocent too. Serig's squad had a lot of questionable deals in the year this happened, and some of his guys were crooked, including Lopez. Lopez told people that he owned McDonald's out of state, but he was charged later in another drug case. Former Chief Raul Martinez was also in this squad I think, or maybe had been just before. There were lots of allegations against Raul Martinez over the years and he took the 5th in front of a Federal grand jury over his having offshore bank accounts with his money from corruption.
    The $150,000 was never recovered and no one was ever charged.

Unregistered
    Who's investigating the missing gun incident? Please don't tell me it's Maritza Alfonso the commanders sister.
    The fix is in. I bet they haven't even reported the guns stolen into FCIC.
    Hahaha this place is a joke.

Unregistered
    It was $50,000.00 it was Jimmy Burke, the only one that had both the key and combination (you needed two people). Funny thing when he went to Opa Locka the same thing happened again another $50,000.00 went missing. Know you stories and people's before you talk.

Unregistered
    It was $50,000.00 it was Jimmy Burke, the only one that had both the key and combination (you needed two people). Funny thing when he went to Opa Locka the same thing happened again another $50,000.00 went missing. Know you stories and people's before you talk.
    Sorry, there might have been another incident where 50k came up missing. The one were talking about was a 150k. Sgt. Mike Bearish was kicked out of that unit after being in it a real long time. He became the sector Sgt. of 10 sector "C" shift.
    He knew first hand the story. Maybe not the people involved. Fingers were pointed at everyone working there at the time.
    A while later it was claimed the money was found? I wonder if it really was. Many officers over the years have been accused of stealing property or money. Maybe they did or maybe they didn't I don't know. If you had your hooks in with the inside people in this department. Didn't matter if you did. You were golden and protected. Just like our former A/C that was accused of stealing all that money from his off duty job at a supermarket. Soon after started driving a really nice car and got one of those 80's racing boats. I believe he was still at the time a patrol officer. The 80's were crazy here with the cocaine wars and ALL the money that went with it. Remember the river case? Everyone on "C" shift became a person of interest. Especially, if you work at anytime in that sector on overlap or had a friendship with those involved. A 20 sector guy Zapata or something like that. A great and funny guy. Got mixed up in it cause one of the river guys loaned him or gave him 10k and he hasn't worked that sector in a real long time. He was fired too.

Unregistered
    Edwin Zapata

Unregistered
    Edwin Zapata
    It was Victor Zapata dumb azz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast