Police Group Apologizes for Mistreatment of Minorities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Police Group Apologizes for Mistreatment of Minorities

One of the world's leading police organizations issued a formal apology Monday for its historic mistreatment of minority communities.
    Terrence Cunningham, president of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), apologized on behalf of police officers for their role in eroding the sense of trust between police and minority communities at the organization's annual conference Monday in San Diego.
    Cunningham, the police chief in Wellesley, Mass., said today is a "challenging time" for police officers, alluding to violent anti-police protests across the country in response to officers' killings of minority men. Cunningham said those shootings, coupled with historical police enforcement of legalized segregation, has created "a multi-generational, almost inherited" sense of mistrust.
    He also said officers who fail to understand those factors often struggle to connect with the communities they're sworn to serve.
    "While we obviously cannot change the past, it is clear that we must change the future," he said.
    "The first step in this process is for law enforcement and the IACP to acknowledge and apologize for the actions of the past and the role that our profession has played in society's historical mistreatment of communities of color."

Unregistered
    The statement sickens me. Purely politically motivated and throwing tens of thousand of good cops under a bus.
    I hope this ******* is shunned by every decent professional cop he meets and is treated like the radioactive turd that he is.

Unregistered
    Ignorant thug.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ignorant thug.
    Another eloquent turd heard from !!!
    At least this one doesn't put you to sleep with a lengthy tirade of BS

Unregistered
    The statement sickens me. Purely politically motivated and throwing tens of thousand of good cops under a bus.
    I hope this ******* is shunned by every decent professional cop he meets and is treated like the radioactive turd that he is.
    It sickens you because your ignorant and don't know the history your uniform carries.
    This apology opens dialogue and moves this country forward, it doesn't throw anyone under the bus.

Unregistered
    It sickens you because your ignorant and don't know the history your uniform carries.
    This apology opens dialogue and moves this country forward, it doesn't throw anyone under the bus.
    You are an absolute a$$; of course I know the history of policing and minorities.
    We we differ is that I put the blame on the law makers. Cops have and always be the lowest echelon of the political machine, the storm troopers of the politicians; after all, that good is it to be the king without an army?
    The elected officials make the laws and we enforce them.
    Let the politicians apologize ; for they are the criminals, not the cops.
    I am still waiting for Secretary Clinton to accept responsibility and apologize for her misdeeds; but, You are going to vote for her, aren't you?

Unregistered
    Which law and which politician made the LA cops beat Rodney king? Beaten over 70 times with kicks and sticks? Yes we all know the corrupt politicians but no makes you take those racist views to work and out in the street. Read the real history of this country, hint it's not on FOX or CNN

Unregistered
    Which law and which politician made the LA cops beat Rodney king? Beaten over 70 times with kicks and sticks? Yes we all know the corrupt politicians but no makes you take those racist views to work and out in the street. Read the real history of this country, hint it's not on FOX or CNN
    ok... so its comments like this that keep the vicious cycle going. Rodney King? You are going to throw it back that far? So exactly how many times must we white folk appologize for a transgression? Look, I will admit that incident a others like it were and are wrong! But what I'm not going to do is appologize for it for the rest of my career. Fact is that now its trendy to resist the police no matter how insignificant the contact. Most cops, I will never say ALL cops, follow the rules and do a great job. The ones who fail to keep the line come from all walks of life and races. You want me, a white cop, to not take place in bias based policing? OK DEAL! BUT I WANT PEOPLE TO STOP BEING STUPID AND GET WITH THE PROGRAM TOO! I love my job and have respect for all walks of life... But cut me some slack and meet me half way at least most of the time.

Unregistered
    Your answer makes me think that you may be as stupid as Rodney King; for to avoid all that happened to him at the hands of the police, all he had to do was to follow the lawful orders he was given. This guy was so stupid that after beating the City of LA out of a ton of money, he got himself arrested shoplifting a pair of sneakers. Yes Sir, that's my hero ! !
    Now, let's talk about the animal behavior of the residents that rioted and killed innocent people that had nothing to do with MR. "Can we all jut get along"?

In order to be treated as equals, you must rise to a certain level of civilized behavior.

Unregistered
    Theirs no right answer a white cop could put that would be acceptable by the black community or many of our peers. Those that work the all black area's are called racist, cause they arrest blacks. Yet all whom live their are black. The community treats us like shit. We get dispatched on a complaint. We make an arrest. Were in the wrong? You want to be treated as a human. Try acting like one. I've worked with many officers over the years. None started off, as you call racist. We become indifferent. Dealing with the crust of socially. Like we all do day in and day out takes it toll. The blacks are quick to point out the wrongs of all the white officers. Yet, the uncle Tom's as you call them(the black officers) get a pass. On the same thing you call us out on. As far as I know none in my family history. Owned a slave. Funny, none of the black alive today. Were ever slaves. Yet, you all act like it and demand hand outs for something that happen over a 100 years ago. Get real and get your own life. Were really not a free nation. Were a nation of laws. The only one's holding you back are yourselves and peers. You look up too. We all have to make our own way in this world, doesn't matter your race. Can't believe I'm going to say this. Yet it needs to be pointed out. Blacks, you been around a hell of a lot longer then the Cubans. Yet, look how many made themselves and their families a better life. Cause they (most) don't play the race card and expect everything for free. They earn it. Sure we have here the so called F&F plan. Yet not every Cuban a MPD officer. Try treating us, as you would want to be treated. You'll find most with respond in kind. You act like an animal you'll get treated as one. You act like a man, you'll be treated as one. I can only speck for myself. I'm not the department spoke person. Don't want to be. Once years ago we had a new black Sgt. in 10 sector. Who went on to be A/C. His advice was for us, the whites, to try and put ourselves in the blacks shoes for a second. That pissed me off. I grow up in a poor section of Cleveland. Yet, I can't recall folks from my so called hood. Doing and acting like the black s here. Years ago. I watched my father, get shot by a group of black, cause of the color of his skin. That, or they wanted his car. The police that came. Were quick to get those involved. Does that make me a racist now too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast