Wait what? APAD is live with no direction? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    as a deputy with this agency, i've defended BG for a long time. I've personally never had any issues with him but damn. APAD?!! really? what a joke!! Let's give road deputy's more work than they already have. no wonder people have in apps with other agencies. It's not even about the money anymore. I'm sick of the politics. Between the stats and never being able to get a vacation day, i'm over it. I was proud of this agency when i started but now it's a joke! hope BG is ready for the mass exiduous forthcoming!
    Gualtieri is a lawyer not a LEO, what did you expect? I feel sorry for the ones stuck here.

Unregistered
    Unlike alot of people on here, i like the Sheriff and most of the changes he has made. Having said that, i cannot agree with APAD and i think its just an awful idea. You can tell the brass disagree as well but they are following orders.

Unregistered
    They did away with area check and directed patrol because that generates toooo many case numbers. Too many case numbers are perceived as toooo many problems ie crime. Enter APAD: a way to deflate the crime rate in a red herring fashion that perception is reality and we ARE leading a way for a safer pinellas. Textbook politics kids.

Unregistered
    Unlike alot of people on here, i like the Sheriff and most of the changes he has made. Having said that, i cannot agree with APAD and i think its just an awful idea. You can tell the brass disagree as well but they are following orders.
    They are double-dipping so why rock the boat? The money is too good to pass up.

Unregistered
    Since when does the victim of a crime have no say in the prosecution of a case? In cases such as battery and retail theft, how can the victim's wishes be ignored? There are NO consequences for not completing APAD at all. And the fat State Attorney said he doesn't want the cases if they fail APAD. So victims have no say and failure has no consequences? WTF? So someone hits me (battery). The cops get the bad guy. The bad guy qualifies for APAD. I say hell no. The cops say too bad. I say give me a report so I can get an injunction. Cops say there is no report. I say I need pictures from their investigation for a law suit. Cops say there are no pictures. WTF? I would think that there was some law that allows victims to have cases properly prosecuted somewhere on the books. Maybe in the old books. This is bullshit and will blow up in someone's face and soon. After the first lawsuit for failing to take lawful action that Bob will say, "what I said was misinterpreted, I never meant for us to go against the wishes of a legitimate victim of a crime." Mark my words, that will happen.

Unregistered
    Since when does the victim of a crime have no say in the prosecution of a case? In cases such as battery and retail theft, how can the victim's wishes be ignored? There are NO consequences for not completing APAD at all. And the fat State Attorney said he doesn't want the cases if they fail APAD. So victims have no say and failure has no consequences? WTF? So someone hits me (battery). The cops get the bad guy. The bad guy qualifies for APAD. I say hell no. The cops say too bad. I say give me a report so I can get an injunction. Cops say there is no report. I say I need pictures from their investigation for a law suit. Cops say there are no pictures. WTF? I would think that there was some law that allows victims to have cases properly prosecuted somewhere on the books. Maybe in the old books. This is bullshit and will blow up in someone's face and soon. After the first lawsuit for failing to take lawful action that Bob will say, "what I said was misinterpreted, I never meant for us to go against the wishes of a legitimate victim of a crime." Mark my words, that will happen.
    Mark my words wannabe lawyer it will never happen and won't fly. There ain't no such statute homey. Stop being a doomsdayer and get with the program. Go take the next call and STFU.

Unregistered
    Mark my words wannabe lawyer it will never happen and won't fly. There ain't no such statute homey. Stop being a doomsdayer and get with the program. Go take the next call and STFU.
    Program is illegal and without merit. Pure nonsense and will be challenged soon. Who gives the Sheriff of any county the right to superceade state law and sentencing guidelines. Victims have rights to restitution and to prosecute.

Unregistered
    So you are saying that victim's of crime are not entitled to any form of prosecution for the suspect?

What's this law? 960.001, maybe you should read it.

What's this law? Florida Crime Victims' Bill of Rights (Florida Constitution Amendment, Article I), maybe you should read it.

Wow, look at that, even Bernie has a page for victim's rights. http://www.sao6.org/victims_rights.htm

I guess they do not apply to victims of battery and theft now. Why stop there? Let's just get rid of misdemeanors in Florida, then we can concentrate on the important crimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12