Bible lesson of the day/week - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Proverbs 22:1

A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

Unregistered
    Ephesians 2:10

10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Unregistered
    pray for the safety of all cops

Unregistered
    John 1:1-14New International Version (NIV)

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Unregistered
    Psalm 25:19-21 Consider how many are my foes, and with what violent hatred they hate me. Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me! Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you.

Unregistered
    Matthew 5:9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.”

Naturally the context of this verse is not directed toward police officers but their job is to keep the peace or to protect and serve and that they do. They are blessed by God for they are part of the peacekeeping of society. Keep you brother and sister cops in your prayers.

Unregistered
    Father Kelly says:

1. You shall have no other gods before me
    2. You shall not make for yourself an idol
    3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God
    4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy
    5. Honor your father and your mother
    6. You shall not murder
    7. You shall not commit adultery
    8. You shall not steal
    9. You shall not lie
    10. You shall not covet

Even though father Kelly has severely broken #7, 8 & 9 he still preaches "do as I say not as I do"

AMEN!!

Unregistered

Thxgiving prayer

O Almighty God, Whose great power and eternal Wisdom embraces the universe, Watch over all policemen and Law enforcement officers everywhere.
    Protect them from harm In the performance of their duty To stop crime, robbery, Riots and violence.
    We pray, help them keep our streets And homes safe, day and night.
    We commend them to your loving care Because their duty is dangerous.
    Grant them strength and courage In their daily assignments. Dear God, protect these brave men and women.
    Grant them your almighty protection, Unite them safely with their families after Duty has ended.
    Please God, grant us this wish.

Unregistered
    Romans 10:9-10 ESV

9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Unregistered

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast