Cops n joggers but no cops?

Unregistered

Cops n joggers but no cops?

A handful of cops at the nost runnin in cops n joggers. Kind of embarassing that unless you were getting comp or duty time to do a display no one showed up. Very sad if you ask me

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A handful of cops at the nost runnin in cops n joggers. Kind of embarassing that unless you were getting comp or duty time to do a display no one showed up. Very sad if you ask me
    Idiot, I bet the same thing would happen if it wasn't mandatory to work all the stupid parades we have to work. I mean ALL parades. The sad thing is that the department created this environment in which officers DO NOT want to get involved. One good thing is that the number of all you Kool aide guzzlers seem to be dwindling

Unregistered
    Good evening, I am a graduate of the FMPD CPA and supporter of this Agency. While googling the upcoming Cops and Joggers event online I came across this forum.

It was heartbreaking reading some of the (occasionally clever) commentary on this site. As a veteran of various organizations and political nonsense over the years, such acrimony is sadly far too common. As personal as this current climate may seem to you individually, it is something truly ugly in human nature and hardly unique to FMPD. When good people do not stick together, the very worst divide them and exploit the situation.

No doubt a handful of administrators in this organization have had a hand in ruining the lives of certain officers and their families for nothing but selfish and low motivation. No doubt a handful of patrol officers have anonymously said some vicious things about other officers on this site or to the press. They may have had valid grievances but those complaints only ended up helping substantiate often very convoluted infractions against their brothers and sisters. You may have had valid points, but unless there was a serious ethical breach, in the end you are nothing but a snitch. Such actions are despicable and unforgivable and makes one wonder how these individuals live with themselves. You are no one special to be negative and cut people down anonymously or ‘call people out’ publicly. I have more respect for someone who tries to rob me man to man in an alley than a coward that endangers a person’s living and their family’s well being behind the cover of rank, anonymity, or mob mentality of a briefing room not properly supervised.

Despite all this, which can be found in any agency or organization, the young officers in THIS organization, and I have known quite a few departments, are the furthest thing from prejudiced, unjust or venal I have ever seen. They could use a bit more courtesy, and allot more TEAMWORK but the young and ‘old’ officers of FMPD are without doubt the finest I have seen in all of my life. I pray you hold dear your positions and hold dear each other and when the dust settles take pride in standing strong in face of the vitriol that these recent years have thrown at you. To err is human, to forgive is divine. Dig down, suck it up, and overcome your differences. It will take a lifetime to appreciate the best in each other so stop focusing on the inconsequential annoyances. ‘Annoyance’ is hardly the mark of grown people.

And Supervisors, please, correct the minor things and the big things will follow. Petty write ups only hurt your own people in a back-handed and chicken ‘crap’ way. Make sure officers clear from calls in a timely manner, enhance courtesy, PATIENCE, safety, preparation and attention to detail. And ensure staff backs each other and work together. If you a real operator, and a real man or woman for that matter, then you will be judged by how you lift people up not by how you beat them down. It takes strength to make others strong.

The men and women, sworn and civilian, of this agency are my heroes and I love you all for your bravery and service and I would volunteer to do anything for each and every one of you. Support each other, uplift the community and support the Chief, crime is down and progress is being made. It is that service to the Agency and the Community for which we constitutionally exit. God’s speed, God’s safety, and for the love of God work together.

Unregistered
    To whomever you are,
    This place is a joke. From #1 all the way down as far as you can count. Maybe from the outside you can say that FMPD is one of the fineat agencies around, but to all of us currently here ( a little over 18 years for me), know s that FMPD , is in need of a huge change. Not to say that we do not hace some good officers because we do, BUT the leadership has ruined this place. Now there is no turning back. It is too late for that.
    As for me , unless i am paid for OT, i will NOT participate in anything.
    There is a reason that they do not ask for volunteers to work parades.....Because NOBODY would so it otherwise.
    If you say leave because ai am unhappy, i will say::

Why leave when you are paying me 30+ an hour. You got it, so deal with it..