Langlais road rage trial starts today
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Langlais road rage trial starts today

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...d-rage/2296791

Another great hire by the Gualtieri regime. Plenty of red flags but like Gualtieri said, "everyone deserves a second chance". Lucky she did not actually shoot and kill anyone. This is bad publicity for law enforcement in general, the agency and a political disaster for Gualtieri. We have to be more selective when hiring people and to check them out to make sure we don't hire psychs like her.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...d-rage/2296791

Another great hire by the Gualtieri regime. Plenty of red flags but like Gualtieri said, "everyone deserves a second chance". Lucky she did not actually shoot and kill anyone. This is bad publicity for law enforcement in general, the agency and a political disaster for Gualtieri. We have to be more selective when hiring people and to check them out to make sure we don't hire psychs like her.
    Well it appears she was found guilty of 1 count improper exhibition of a firearm and sentenced to 1 yr in county. This goes to show you that if you are a LEO and have never been arrested in your life one misdemeanor can cost you 1 yr. interesting sentence for first misdemeanor conviction. Did she not qualify for ADAP. Ha ha ha

Unregistered
    I hope this isn't accurate. I've had people I've arrested for felonies who were adjudicated guilty and have had prior convictions get community control.

Unregistered
    I hope this isn't accurate. I've had people I've arrested for felonies who were adjudicated guilty and have had prior convictions get community control.

It's true. 1 year in jail. Booked in last night right from the courtroom.

Unregistered
    strangely harsh sentence, maybe? but committed a FELONY! as law enforcement i have no problems with it. she's lucky she wasn't found guilty of two counts of agg assault and branded a felon the rest of her life, like she should have been. i don't feel bad for her one bit, she's tarnished our image for being an idiot. good riddance!

Unregistered
    Who cares?!? She's a loser and so is the one that still works here

Unregistered
    Who cares?!? She's a loser and so is the one that still works here
    Loser or not the judge Was way out of line. The sentence is a joke and with no prior arrest to get a year incarcerated for a misdemeanor when apparently we don't even take a offense report for certain misdemeanors APAD. Abuse of power bottom line.

Unregistered
    Keep hiring idiots like her to keep the entertainment going at work and in the local media. Way to go Gualtieri.

Unregistered
    You can hate Bob, you can hate the former Dep. but you should be very concerned about a misd conviction, no priors, getting a year in jail. What she did was worthy of being fired, she was allowed to resign instead. This incident stained us all most will agree, and Bob handled it differently than most. I would be very worried that this sentence didn't fit the crime convicted of. Any of us charged with a crime, should have the same equal consideration under the law that any other citizen would have. Instead, she was severely punished because she was a Leo! I'll bet you cant find a civilian arrested case for the same crime that got a year in jail with no priors. It is myopic of all of us to focus on the personalities involved here, it should invoke outrage that she was treated differently and much more harshly than any civilian. Leo Administrators have a favorite saying, "Leo's are held to a higher standard". On internal investigations that maybe the case, but in the courtroom, we should have equal treatment under the law. This was excessive. The Sheriff should very publically point this out. Wonder if he will?

Unregistered
    Loser or not the judge Was way out of line. The sentence is a joke and with no prior arrest to get a year incarcerated for a misdemeanor when apparently we don't even take a offense report for certain misdemeanors APAD. Abuse of power bottom line.
    Well, remember that ridiculously harsh sentence for someone with no criminal history who was given the maximum when the jury found her guilty of a misdemeanor. The jury said not guilty on aggravated assault. So that was on the jury and is correct. But it was the judge, Judge William Burgess, who gave her the maximum penalty fir that crime. Judge Burgess who used to be an SAO in Pinellas. Remember how hard he this asshole was when he is up for re-election and he comes to the PBA and FOP and tries to bully support from you. Who has ever heard of anyone getting such punishment? Guilty? Yes. Needed to leave here? Clearly. Due a whole year in jail? Bullshit Burgess. Bullshit. I guess there is a special sentencing guideline that calls for harsh sentencing for former LEOs. I'm not defendaing what she did or her getting fired. But imagine that you, another LEO, commit a minor misdemeanor and you get in front of this asshole judge. Don't expect the same reasonableness that every scumbag you ever arrested gets from him. Nope, you get the max. I guess he has to set an example or something. Piece of shit. Remember that when Burgess tries to get re-elected, vote for anyone BUT BURGESS. What an asshole.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast