Disgruntled
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgruntled

Unregistered

Disgruntled

So often this term"disgruntled" is used to sweep away all the negatives attributed to this Sheriff and his minions. My questions is: What made dedicated employees "disgruntled" in the first place? Was it the lies, the favoritism, the incompetent leadership, the corruption and special favors, the incompetent employees that were protected no matter what? Things happen that make professionals "disgruntled." It has so often been used as a blanket excuse by this sheriff and his defenders for any criticism of him or his chosen few. I would like to hear from others who became "disgruntled". What happened to you that made you say ENOUGH! No one wakes up that way. It's time that label so freely applied by Walking Small and Mumbles truly has meaning. Let 's hear about it. The truth is what they fear the most.

Unregistered
    I don't like to use the term disgruntled on myself, but I was like many others. I would say it is just more of being unhappy. I know exactly how I got there. It wasn't the day to day operations or necessarily the employees. However, when you come to work and do a great job and learn there is no room for growth for you unless you know someone, are related to someone, or just plainly change how you are in order to get a position. It wasn't just me that I saw at a dead end at Hendry it was others who I respected as supervisors or others who I think should have been supervisors. It got to the point where I saw positions that make decisions not ask the most two important questions as a leader, especially in a law enforcement capacity. "How will this effect the community", and "how will this effect my organization on a personnel/internal level?". The answer to those questions were answered negatively but still done. After hopes of it getting better it got worse. I knew I had to change careers or agencies when I woke up not wanting to be at Hendry, so I left. I can't speak for others but I am assuming that's a common general consensus.

Unregistered

Angry

For me it was the favoritism, the clicks that controlled everything-overtime gigs, education, special assignments and new equipment. If your were not in that small group, you got passed over. All the bennies for extra $$ went to a select few chosen by a female supervisor. And if you rejected her inappropriate advances you were never going to get details. That small group seemed to control everything. Also, there was a particular favorite of the sheriff who was promoted to Sgt. over many who were much more qualified. This individual is quite possibly the biggest idiot in law enforcement and routinely makes stupid decisions and mistakes any first year rookie would not. No matter how much he screws up nothing ever happens to him because of the sheriff. It is and as not a place that was equally beneficial to all. Only a select few. If you worked in Clewiston you just didnt exist. Got to be too much to stomach

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Where to start? Super D and his condescending, rude and superior attitude. Incompetent leadership in sergeants and investigators too lazy to do anything. Mainly, it was the "boy wonder" Lt who scaled the ladder way too soon. When I did see the big boss he was usually personable but but I knew he played favorites inside and outside the agency and lied a lot both to administrators and deputies. He screwed over some of the best we had, and they were either fired or just left. Lots of good people who worked here left and moved on to better and more professional places. When I saw the WINK news report, I was NOT surprised. If I have to place blame I put it on SW. The one person who could have changed that awful redneck agency just made it worse.

Unregistered

favoritism

You don't have to look any farther than Taylor and Lilley. That is a perfect example of favoritism. They haven't earned what they have been "given". Heck Taylor runs around trying to make up for when he was a fat kid in school. Lilley is trying to keep secret his behavior "borrowing" items from various places he worked growing up. That's right fellas, you don't have to look far into your past to find out useful information. I too grew up here and know people you worked with and the circles you ran around in. Both have received favoritism in positions and equipment because of SW. There are much more deserving personnel than those two state rejects....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You don't have to look any farther than Taylor and Lilley. That is a perfect example of favoritism. They haven't earned what they have been "given". Heck Taylor runs around trying to make up for when he was a fat kid in school. Lilley is trying to keep secret his behavior "borrowing" items from various places he worked growing up. That's right fellas, you don't have to look far into your past to find out useful information. I too grew up here and know people you worked with and the circles you ran around in. Both have received favoritism in positions and equipment because of SW. There are much more deserving personnel than those two state rejects....

These two seriously must have caused a wave in the S.O. Is this L.M.?

Unregistered

Question

🤔😏🕵🏽🕵🏽🕵🏽🕵🏽

Unregistered
    Basically its all of the above. It was all created by sw since he is in charge. The deputies just sit around and make "bad arrests." Due to the favoritism and incompetence of the administration majority of the good deputies left. Most of the ones that have stayed are unable to leave because of their background or they stay to be close to family. Positions are given to who they want, not who deserves them. They only follow accreditation when they are going through the audit.

Unregistered
    I have heard them both lie on different occasions. You forgot to mention the deputy from Montura Estates. Just another fine example.

Unregistered
    The problem with Hendry were the guys who left to pbso and Hillsborough. They ruined this place.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast