Pushing stats in todays anti-law enforcement enviorment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Pushing stats in todays anti-law enforcement enviorment

The average experience level in Patrol today is about two years. When your Superiors are pushing stat driven activity, you naturally want to please your bosses right? This runs the gambit of overzealous types that spend their every free minute writing citations or chasing warrants because a lot of the area checks, interacting with the public, house checks etc, doesn't show a stat. Now I am not a anti-stat guy, during a typical 12hr shift you certainly should see solid police activity that is worthy of producing a stat. We all were two year deps at some point. I can remember my first couple of years of barely scratching the surface of learning this job and I was constantly getting exposed to investigations and legal matters that I had never encountered before. A key difference between my generation and todays generation was most of my generation had a variety of life experience prior to getting this job. Most of us either had previous LEO experience, military, or worked in a variety of other jobs prior to doing this one. Today, most are coming straight out of college, or still living with mom and dad, and this is their first real job. In todays anti-police environment, I fear that pushing stats for stats sake is only going to lead to more confrontation with deps that have little experience. So much focus is on the low stat guys that virtually no one pays attention to the quality of the high stat producers. Chicken-Shit stats cause far more damage to the agencies image with the public. We should be just as wary of that.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The average experience level in Patrol today is about two years. When your Superiors are pushing stat driven activity, you naturally want to please your bosses right? This runs the gambit of overzealous types that spend their every free minute writing citations or chasing warrants because a lot of the area checks, interacting with the public, house checks etc, doesn't show a stat. Now I am not a anti-stat guy, during a typical 12hr shift you certainly should see solid police activity that is worthy of producing a stat. We all were two year deps at some point. I can remember my first couple of years of barely scratching the surface of learning this job and I was constantly getting exposed to investigations and legal matters that I had never encounte red before. A key difference between my generation and todays generation was most of my generation had a variety of life experience prior to getting this job. Most of us either had previous LEO experience, military, or worked in a variety of other jobs prior to doing this one. Today, most are coming straight out of college, or still living with mom and dad, and this is their first real job. In todays anti-police environment, I fear that pushing stats for stats sake is only going to lead to more confrontation with deps that have little experience. So much focus is on the low stat guys that virtually no one pays attention to the quality of the high stat producers. Chicken-Shit stats cause far more damage to the agencies image with the public. We should be just as wary of that.
    Candidate McLynas says no more stats (quotas) and citation reductions of at least 60%. No more pot enforcement either. Fits right in with what you are saying. mclynas4sheriff.com

Unregistered
    That guy is insane

Unregistered
    The more young newbies they hire and the more morons they promote the better us veterans look. Keep on promoting morons and political hacks to keep the screwups, sex scandals and media circus going. It's free entertainment in an otherwise boring and dreary place.

Unregistered
    The stupidity of you people is truly laughable if it were not so sad. You complain cause they want you to actually work and earn your paycheck and you suggest that cause times are tough in the LE world that you should not be made to actively enforce laws. Sure sit back and do nothing cause it you might get complained on. What about saying screw it I got a job to do and i'm going to stand up like a man (or woman) and do my f*cking job and screw the BLM and other idiots or you can whine like a baby. The last screwups that decided they should not work and it was okay to watch movies all night are now your friendly security staff at the Tradewinds. Remember RedBox boys? Go for it Bro.

Unregistered
    Well you can have all those stats you want. And once people start going to Tampa and better agencies then they will wake up. Probably not. But at least they will see. I know 2 that put there apps in already and that's just one shift.

Unregistered
    Well you can have all those stats you want. And once people start going to Tampa and better agencies then they will wake up. Probably not. But at least they will see. I know 2 that put there apps in already and that's just one shift.
    Good bye!!!!!! Have fun paying 12% into your pension!

Unregistered
    Oh, cuz the agency will stop when deputies who want to avoid work go to a Tampa PD for the big pay raise. Hahaha. You'll earn that pay then son. Working off duty details if you can get them. And going call to call. Paying into a shit retirement too. Enjoy a Tampa! Don't let the door hit you in the ass!!

Unregistered
    Tampa PD's 30 year average for officer contribution rates is 7.23%. TPD officers don't pay FICA taxes, thereby saving an additional 6.2%. PCSO Deputies contribute a total of 9.2% between FICA and FRS. So yea, I think a salary increase of over $10,000 would more than off-set the additional 3% they currently pay into their pension.

Crap retirement? They have 20 and out compared to 30 years for us, a 5 year buy back option lets a deputy go there and retire after 15yrs. They also have a higher multiplier.

Do a little research before spouting off next time.

Unregistered
    Tampa PD's 30 year average for officer contribution rates is 7.23%. TPD officers don't pay FICA taxes, thereby saving an additional 6.2%. PCSO Deputies contribute a total of 9.2% between FICA and FRS. So yea, I think a salary increase of over $10,000 would more than off-set the additional 3% they currently pay into their pension.

Crap retirement? They have 20 and out compared to 30 years for us, a 5 year buy back option lets a deputy go there and retire after 15yrs. They also have a higher multiplier.

Do a little research before spouting off next time.
    Be a little more honest and provide full disclosure next time. Not paying FICA means you dont get Social Security benefits either. I know it wont be around anyway, etc. Yeah they been saying that since the Great Depression and guess what it is still here. What happens when yo leave TPD for the next greener pasture and you ain't got no social security contributions for all your years there? China funds social security so it ain't going nowhere. What is the current contributions rate, yes almost 13%. dont give me that 30 year salesman average crap. If you want to be a TPD recruiter and sell used cars then go for it but the real question is how much is in my pay check today. PCSO deputy may contribute 9.2% but TPD officer is contributing 13% today. How about insurance how much does TPD officer contribute to that and they get no health for retirement and we do. Yep do you homework genius.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast