Micromanagement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micromanagement

Unregistered

Micromanagement

Micromanagement is very bad here. It is taught in every good text book known to man on Leadership principles 101 that micromanagement is the worst type of leadership. Please let the officers do what they were trained to do.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Micromanagement is very bad here. It is taught in every good text book known to man on Leadership principles 101 that micromanagement is the worst type of leadership. Please let the officers do what they were trained to do.
    Dear disgruntled employee

What the hell are you talking about now.

Unregistered
    Why is it whenever someone gives a factual observation about usfpd someone always thinks they are disgruntled or thinks they should leave. There are pros and cons with any job but at Usfpd the management cons in certain situations far outshine or should I say overshadow the pros. Trust, higher up leadership, and decision making are lacking in not all but many command members. Many hope and pray usfpd can be the little gem it should be. The stressor at Usfpd are not anything to do with the work. The stressor all come from the overly scared overly cautious overly afraid to make a decision based on sound experienced Police working knowledge few with high rank. Reality. Its a job. We aint the boss. We get paid pretty well. We get good equipment. The community treats us pretty well. And we all still stick around because despite the crap it's actually not that bad.

Unregistered
    What's the deal and over obsession with monthly inspections? What police dept. does that? None, but here. What changes from the last month? How about bi-annual inspections or quarterly inspections.

Unregistered
    As long as you work there, you will always be micromanaged and you will be treated like a kid. You think you have a professional police career there but you will always be dissatisfied due to the micromanagement and you will always be treated like a kid. It comes from the top down, though from the USF Admin, to the Police Admin. down to the officer.

Unregistered
    Morale is so low and there's so much mismanagement that it's not even fun posting on here anymore lol. The best Chief and Assistant Chief we've ever had and it's still not enough to fix this command staff. If anything it's worse because they're all scared now so they are over compensating. And nothing is more dangerous than a scared over compensating administrator. Yeah yeah I know, if you don't like it go somewhere else.

Unregistered
    Thank God for the motivational quotes written on the white board. Without those I don't know where I'd be

Unregistered
    Morale is so low and there's so much mismanagement that it's not even fun posting on here anymore lol. The best Chief and Assistant Chief we've ever had and it's still not enough to fix this command staff. If anything it's worse because they're all scared now so they are over compensating. And nothing is more dangerous than a scared over compensating administrator. Yeah yeah I know, if you don't like it go somewhere else.
    The ac has yet to prove himself but he seems to be okay so far. Hopefully he can see through the fog of bs that remains in charge at Usfpd and starts to hold them accountable for their years of ineptitude. How long did it take us to get a new automated pass a long? When was the last time she stayed for the duration of a whole meeting she was supposed to attend?The chief on the other hand cannot be trusted. Period. Many at Usfpd have knife wounds from being stuck in the back by that man and many others at the University both within the department and outside have been stuck by other parts of the chief throughout the years. He can basically get away with anything he wants to without any checks and balances. Thanks alot Mr. Long. It's definately unsavory. He'll tell you one thing and lie to your face the next minute. Everyone is enamored by the recent raises and equipment. Dont be fooled. Everything comes with a price tag. He has aligned himself horizontally with a director at HR who will always take his side. Pillow talk is the thing of spies and double agents. There will be no more justice or non bias conclusions of investigations coming out of anything any longer. Ill give it to him though. He's out for himself. Sneaky and sly. He's a ladies man that knows how to schmooze his way into protection. I can't wait for the tell all from the first woman scorned.

Unregistered
    The ac has yet to prove himself but he seems to be okay so far. Hopefully he can see through the fog of bs that remains in charge at Usfpd and starts to hold them accountable for their years of ineptitude. How long did it take us to get a new automated pass a long? When was the last time she stayed for the duration of a whole meeting she was supposed to attend?The chief on the other hand cannot be trusted. Period. Many at Usfpd have knife wounds from being stuck in the back by that man and many others at the University both within the department and outside have been stuck by other parts of the chief throughout the years. He can basically get away with anything he wants to without any checks and balances. Thanks alot Mr. Long. It's definately unsavory. He'll tell you one thing and lie to your face the next minute. Everyone is enamored by the recent raises and equipment. Dont be fooled. Everything comes with a price tag. He has aligned himself horizontally with a director at HR who will always take his side. Pillow talk is the thing of spies and double agents. There will be no more justice or non bias conclusions of investigations coming out of anything any longer. Ill give it to him though. He's out for himself. Sneaky and sly. He's a ladies man that knows how to schmooze his way into protection. I can't wait for the tell all from the first woman scorned.
    Gee, I wonder who wrote this??

Unregistered
    I did silly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast