Time to vote Teamster or PBA will soon be here

Unregistered

Time to vote Teamster or PBA will soon be here

Let us see if we can keep this post here and have a good discussion . Please lets keep it on this one post only and maybe the moderator will let it stay on main board.

I will probably vote for PBA not sure Teamster had a chance with folks who never worked corrections running us . PBA for me.

Unregistered
    Will the Mod please remove this from the main site. Please note that there is a link already in place for your union crap. FYI, both unions suck. And if you are paying dues to any union in Florida, you are a dumb ass.

Unregistered
    I believe we can be grown ups and with the election possible being done next month should be a short time being on the board and maybe just maybe we can have a nice exchange of thoughts.

If the New lady Kim had become our president sooner then last week it could have produced positive results. If the election is held anytime within the next 6 months or so and before she has a shot at actively accomplishing some things PBA would win. Will see what happens but either way I know I get to vote and will . Who hell why not flip a coin and pick one poision or the other.

Unregistered
    Starting next month, thousands of Florida’s correctional and probation officers will decide which union they want representing them. The choice is between the Florida Police Benevolent Association and the Teamsters Union.

Listen Listening...1:10 Listen to the story!
    After collecting and verifying more than 6,000 signatures, the Florida Police Benevolent Association triggered the election. Back in 2011, the Association lost the election to the Teamsters Union—that contract to represent the state’s correctional and probation officers expired in June.

WSUF

The PBA’s Matt Puckett says one main complaint he’s heard is the Teamsters’ lack of legislative presence.

“We feel like there is a lot of momentum right now for an election and hopefully, to bring us back, and we’re looking forward to continuing to talk to the officers out there about what we’ve done in the past and what we can do going forward,” said Puckett.

Kim Schultz is the newly elected President of the Teamsters. She agrees there’s more her union could be doing. And, Schultz says with new leadership in place, one of her goals is step up their legislative presence.

“I think Teamsters, we can do a lot better than we can with PBA,” said Schultz. “And, I think people will see a difference, and they’re starting to see a difference now.”

The secret ballot process for the election will start October 10th and must be returned to the Public Employees Relations Commission by November 14th.

For more news updates, follow Sascha Cordner on Twitter: @SaschaCordner.