Way to lead the North Major

Unregistered

Way to lead the North Major

There seems to be a problem with the agents in North. 2 positions in north opened and both filled from southern people. Great job with getting your people promoted. Great leadership or lack there of. All the issues seem to be in the north with people getting fired. Maybe it's time to look at the top of the North.

Unregistered
    I don't think you are looking at this right. Both promotions were internal. That speaks volumes of the progress we enjoy with Philpott/Hartman. Think back a couple years. You want to go back to that? Washed up retirees and carpetbaggers? Political patronage and game playing? I don't.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There seems to be a problem with the agents in North. 2 positions in north opened and both filled from southern people. Great job with getting your people promoted. Great leadership or lack there of. All the issues seem to be in the north with people getting fired. Maybe it's time to look at the top of the North.
    You couldn't be further off base. The north Major is doing a great job. She keeps people in line, supports you if you are in the right, and lets you know if you are in the wrong. As for the Captain promotion in Orlando, BB could supervise circles around you or anyone in this agency. In fact, I don't think they could have done better than selecting him. As for the agent from the south promoted to LT ??? I don't know them (or most people hired in the last 5 years), but they obviously did well in the LT interview process, which is no longer a joke. It's a pretty arduous process now with a lengthy interview panel, timed written test, and multiple timed in-box questions. Also keep in mind, there are extra points added for overall experience, ABT specific experience, and veteran's preference points that play into the final scoring. If the agents in the north didn't get selected for it then they just didn't do well enough in the process. It had nothing to do with the Major.

If you are one of the people who didn't get promoted then maybe look at your track record. Buy a study guide. Ask for guidance from someone recently promoted. Even ask your supervisor what you can do to prepare or do better next time. At the end of the day though, you just may not be cut out for it.

Either way, best of luck to you in the future! I feel bad you are so down on things right now. For me? This is the best it has been in a LONG time!!! I appreciate the leadership here and truly hope they keep things rowing in the right direction!

Unregistered
    You couldn't be further off base. The north Major is doing a great job. She keeps people in line, supports you if you are in the right, and lets you know if you are in the wrong. As for the Captain promotion in Orlando, BB could supervise circles around you or anyone in this agency. In fact, I don't think they could have done better than selecting him. As for the agent from the south promoted to LT ??? I don't know them (or most people hired in the last 5 years), but they obviously did well in the LT interview process, which is no longer a joke. It's a pretty arduous process now with a lengthy interview panel, timed written test, and multiple timed in-box questions. Also keep in mind, there are extra points added for overall experience, ABT specific experience, and veteran's preference points that play into the final scoring. If the agents in the north didn't get selected for it then they just didn't do well enough in the process. It had nothing to do with the Major.

If you are one of the people who didn't get promoted then maybe look at your track record. Buy a study guide. Ask for guidance from someone recently promoted. Even ask your supervisor what you can do to prepare or do better next time. At the end of the day though, you just may not be cut out for it.

Either way, best of luck to you in the future! I feel bad you are so down on things right now. For me? This is the best it has been in a LONG time!!! I appreciate the leadership here and truly hope they keep things rowing in the right direction!
    BB a great guy? Yes
    Supervise circles around anyone in agency? NO

I am sure you don't know everyone in the agency. While your advice is honest, your inaccurate summation detracts from your message.

Unregistered
    I think its embarassing for Orlando that theres so much drama and conspiracy theories there that two supervisor spots are filled from outside the district. I would like to think BB will keep them in line but itll never happen. Especially since you have agents walking around with their pba contract in hand

Unregistered
    BB a great guy? Yes
    Supervise circles around anyone in agency? NO

I am sure you don't know everyone in the agency. While your advice is honest, your inaccurate summation detracts from your message.
    I don't know... not so sure they are too inaccurate. BB is good supervisor and has more experience than people realize, both in the military and law enforcement. I think he is exactly what Orlando needs and think he will do well.

I must admit though, that office will be the better once several people in particular retire. As for the person talking about agents running around with the PBA contract in hand? BB knows that thing like the back of his hand, so they may have met their match. Plus he really doesn't have anything to lose career wise so they can't hold anything over his head.