Thank you PBA for excellent negotiations! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    I am still scratching my head, and trying to figure what in the world did we gain with our last contract negotiations. I read the new G.O.s and S.O.P.s, and literally, there is nothing that has benefited us. The one thing that did stand out, is the paycut for off-duty. Now, I dont have a accounting degree, but after all said and done, I ultimately took a pay cut with this contract. Is the union really proud of this contract? Seems to me that this union needs to go, and we need to look into other options and ways of negotiating our contracts. One thing is for sure, PBA does NOT have your back when it comes to BIs.......just ask around in the hallways.

Unregistered
    Here is my PBA advise I received for my IA case, verbatim. "Just admit to everything. It's easier to just admit even if you didn't do it, than for them to think you're lying." Ummmmmmm what???? Thank you for that fantastic support but I think I will pass on your lazy BS advise. I am no longer a part of the PBA.

Unregistered
    The PBA is a cancer... they will literally work against you at any opportunity. They are in for the best interest of George and Mark. That's it. I had IA case after IA case after I was injured as the Dept tried to fire me after I was hurt. George and Mark wouldn't speak to me about my pension dealings, but they were quick to call me a liar.. I switched to the FOP who literally killed the entire IA fiasco in 5 minutes... of course the IA Det wasn't reprimanded for the violation. Turned out that although the city determined I was injured in the line of duty, the Pension Board disagreed. I couldn't be more thankful for the PBA corruption.. I've collected 5 years with of pension payments thus far from various violations and settlements. It's paid for my second home and allowed me to go back to school full time and get my PhD.. as to you sellouts extolling the PBA's virtues, perhaps I would be Abe to understand the complex negotiations and disseminate the information to the unclean masses that support you?? Or is a Grad student with a Master is Clinical Medical Sciences also not qualified to understand such complex issues?? I don't know how you scumbags sleep at night..
    You are so worried about your personal pension, but you fail to realize that you are morbidly obese and won't live more than 4 years past retirement.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The PBA is a cancer... they will literally work against you at any opportunity. They are in for the best interest of George and Mark. That's it. I had IA case after IA case after I was injured as the Dept tried to fire me after I was hurt. George and Mark wouldn't speak to me about my pension dealings, but they were quick to call me a liar.. I switched to the FOP who literally killed the entire IA fiasco in 5 minutes... of course the IA Det wasn't reprimanded for the violation. Turned out that although the city determined I was injured in the line of duty, the Pension Board disagreed. I couldn't be more thankful for the PBA corruption.. I've collected 5 years with of pension payments thus far from various violations and settlements. It's paid for my second home and allowed me to go back to school full time and get my PhD.. as to you sellouts extolling the PBA's virtues, perhaps I would be Abe to understand the complex negotiations and disseminate the information to the unclean masses that support you?? Or is a Grad student with a Master is Clinical Medical Sciences also not qualified to understand such complex issues?? I don't know how you scumbags sleep at night..
    You are so worried about your personal pension, but you fail to realize that you are morbidly obese and won't live more than 4 years past retirement.
    They probably called you a liar because EVERYONE at the PD knew you were a fraud for years.

Unregistered
    well we know the pba are frauds, and we know ia will eventually get reprimanded for crap detective work at some point...but let people choose what they want.

Unregistered
    The problem with the pba is they are easily able to influence new officers. As soon as you are hired you are fed the nonsense that you need pba and you have to sign up immediately and that they are here for you. Complete lie and i was uninformed as well when i first started. Once an officer hits that 5 to 7 year mark they realize the pba scam and leave. And god forbid our lovely "proactive" IA brews something up on you. You will be on an island with pba no where to be found.

Unregistered
    The PBA is strong and takes care of business. I could post numerous examples but don't have the time. One quick one is look at the yahoo sign issue. They were quick to fire off an email to the mayor wanting results and are prepared to hold his feet to the fire.

Unregistered
    The PBA is strong and takes care of business. I could post numerous examples but don't have the time. One quick one is look at the yahoo sign issue. They were quick to fire off an email to the mayor wanting results and are prepared to hold his feet to the fire.
    The sign is still up.

Unregistered
    The sign is still up.
    ....and it will stay up. To be honest, this is not a PBA issue. This is our Mayor issue. If he allows, and condones such behavior, then it is only a matter of time before he totally looses control of the city. "Money" is already the ruling party of our city, and if we think that eventually the wealthy wont notice the fabreeze spayed on sewer, we are very delusional. Just a matter of time before investors and wealthy pack their bags, and leave, leaving behind that stupid sign, along with disorder, dysfunctional mayor, and a Police Department that will be outworked, outrun, and be the most miserable place to work. By 2020, I can see most Officers between 5 to 7 years of experience run to other departments.

Unregistered
    Well we are voting on new reps so hopefully things will get better right? Enhoffer, Zollata and Estoch. You can only pick two so who should it be?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast