Thank you PBA for excellent negotiations!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Thank you PBA for excellent negotiations!

So a memo came out today from HR that EVERYONE in the city (non-union and management) got a general wage increase of 4%. They got that without paying any of their dues to a non-functional PBA union. Mayor? Chief? PBA President? Who is to blame for such a crap contract? Ultimately, I say the blame is the rank and file who voted the contract in. Hopefully this is lesson learned, and the next contract will actually be negotiated by capable, knowledgeable, and intelligent people. It sickens me to know that the given pressures under which we work, the dangers we face, and the always promising, never delivering leadership, has us equal to the ones that work on cushioned chairs, behind decorated desks.

Unregistered
    If you are doing this job for the money, you lack the passion and maybe you should be thankful to be healthy, smart and stable enough to have been chosen for this profession.

Remember, it just takes one accident where you get hurt, injure your hand or hurt a leg, etc. and then you're one of those said "chair crushers" you're bashing.

Re evaluate yourself and do some self reflecting, and be happy with what you got. Don't be like some of these NFL quarterbacks that feel so entitled that they turn their back on the very country that made their dreams come true. People really forget where they come from at this damn agency and get lost in the greed and politics of this place.

The contract could have been better sure, but it's still a raise? Next time maybe we will get better...But remember, some agencies nearby don't get crap for raises.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are doing this job for the money, you lack the passion and maybe you should be thankful to be healthy, smart and stable enough to have been chosen for this profession.

Remember, it just takes one accident where you get hurt, injure your hand or hurt a leg, etc. and then you're one of those said "chair crushers" you're bashing.

Re evaluate yourself and do some self reflecting, and be happy with what you got. Don't be like some of these NFL quarterbacks that feel so entitled that they turn their back on the very country that made their dreams come true. People really forget where they come from at this damn agency and get lost in the greed and politics of this place.

The contract could have been better sure, but it's still a raise? Next time maybe we will get better...But remember, some agencies nearby don't get crap for raises.
    That is the dumbest response you could type. Exactly, you are 1 moment away from career ending incident, yet you are content with the idea your job is the same as "chair crushers". Which by the way, you categorised them as such.

Unregistered
    ur just ungrateful and spiteful. quit this profession immediately. response #1 was spot on.

Unregistered
    So a memo came out today from HR that EVERYONE in the city (non-union and management) got a general wage increase of 4%. They got that without paying any of their dues to a non-functional PBA union. Mayor? Chief? PBA President? Who is to blame for such a crap contract? Ultimately, I say the blame is the rank and file who voted the contract in. Hopefully this is lesson learned, and the next contract will actually be negotiated by capable, knowledgeable, and intelligent people. It sickens me to know that the given pressures under which we work, the dangers we face, and the always promising, never delivering leadership, has us equal to the ones that work on cushioned chairs, behind decorated desks.
    If you think you can do a better job with all this step up. It's easy to sit back and whine about crap and not be involved in anything and not have to answe to anyone. I realize your probably one of the guys that has all the answers and is smarter then everyone else. Step on up there are openings for PBA rep as you type your post. My guess you will continue to live at mom and dads house and criticize everyone else.

Unregistered
    the clown isn't fit to be a pba rep. he is either mislead or just not comprehending negotiations, contracts or how stuff works and changes over time.

it is not a permanent thing, and it is nothing to complain about right now (who complains about a raise?!?). there will be more negotiations and contracts in the future.

Unregistered
    Glad to see all of the negotiators are here posting. Keep posting about how great the contract, if you say it enough, it will be true. You let the city railroad us, blatantly lied to multiple officers, and were hostile to those of us displeased with how negotiations were going. Hopefully we can vote you all out of your rep spots and change the union for the better. We are now the laughing stock of the whole city, hurray us!

Unregistered
    Waste Water, health costs, new Police Dept, and a stock market that is going to blow up no matter who the next President is, will make 4% look good. Willing to bet it will go down hill for all of us for quite a while after this bump. Not to mention, your one shoot a way from millions being spent on riots and protesting etc.

Unregistered

get a life

the only people that are super displeased with the changes are the greedy 7-day cops that live, breathe, eat copdom and work off duty so much.

get a life, go outside, enjoy being a citizen on days off and be thankful for your damn job. is life that hard for you entitled clowns? society just wants police to respond whenever they need them, they dont' want to over-pay 10 different task forces or your off duty sit on your chair jobs.

Unregistered
    If you think you can do a better job with all this step up. It's easy to sit back and whine about crap and not be involved in anything and not have to answe to anyone. I realize your probably one of the guys that has all the answers and is smarter then everyone else. Step on up there are openings for PBA rep as you type your post. My guess you will continue to live at mom and dads house and criticize everyone else.

I know I pay my dues every paycheck. It is up to the elected ones to properly, professionally, and with due diligence negotiate the contract. If you, or the PBA, wants to throw back the responsibility on the individuals of rank and file, than what the heck are we paying the dues for? We already know that GL, the president, gets paid by PBA, the PBA attorney gets paid an unknown amount for unknown, and undetermined amount of work and the usage of office space. Responder above is correct, during the negotiations, and up to, and the day of the vote, there were so many versions told by the negotiators, that no one really knows what the heck was negotiated. I know one thing, the crew by the voting room was sure to make it known this is the best deal we can get. So the ones that do not know better, simply voted "YES". Its a sad day in this department that the union actually agreed to a paycut for off-duty pay. And the 4% is not an offset by any stretch of imagination. Mark my words.......the city will NEVER agree to pay 1.5 for off-duty ever again. This agreement by the union on this particular contract will have lifetime consequences as far as the off-duty pay in concerned...........At the same time, Chief is one of the highest, if not the highest paid Chief in FL, and the tax base is ever growing, just look at the construction in downtown area.

So yes PBA, there are many of us that are angry, disappointed, and frustrated with how you run the union, how you treat us when we try to raise our concerns, and the way you think about today, and not the consequences that will arise tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast