Q&A With 124 Version 2.0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Q&A With 124 Version 2.0

Ladies and gentlemen, we maxed out the capacity of the original Q&A thread. Therefore, I have created the 2.0 thread to continue where we left off.

Unregistered
    We have alot to catch up on I hope. Anything big coming out or was that all?

Unregistered

@124

No confidence vote
    Ladies and gentlemen it is time to look at petitions for a no confidence vote to have Whidden removed from office. After seeing the broadcast and reading the reports, I am embarrassed that this man is our leader. 124 and the Garcia campaign need to petition whoever they can and get the required signatures to remove him. Ever day he is still sheriff is another day he will have the opportunity to further shame the county with his lack of professional ethics. Anything can be done?

Unregistered
    So let me recap last night, just for kicks and giggles

“He’s an acquaintance, I know him from restaurants”. A convicted felon, who has the sheriff’s cell number, and for whom the sheriff answers the phone at 6:45 am. Uhm… That sounds fishy

“I didn’t know he was a convicted felon”. “I I I guess I’m gonna have to talk to the deputy, because that did not happen. That absolutely did not happen”. So the deputy is lying about poor Steve.

“Our investigation is done. We’ve done all we can do on it”. “Evidently it wasn’t closed. I don’t know why he would say that in there, is what I’m saying” So the patrol lieutenant who closed the case (not the investigator from CID to whom it had been assigned) closed the case for reasons unknown. The investigation was all done, but shouldn't have been closed. It definitely shouldn't have been closed "leads exhausted" with a post Miranda suspect confession and corroborating evidence. Those damn incompetent lieutenants!

“I have never in my life told a deputy to stop an investigation”. I’m just gonna go ahead call BS right there. No further explanation needed.

“So he says he’s the one that contacted the State Attorney’s Office. I’m not buyin that, I’m not buyin that” So the victim’s attorney is lying about poor Steve.

“It sounds like the State Attorney’s Office is trying to throw blame elsewhere”. I am just shocked that the SAO would lie about poor Steve like that. What sheriff throws the SAO under the bus for his idiotic decisions?

Shortly after the story aired, from Steve’s Facebook. “I’m going to prepare an actual statement in full detail that will outline how the media and my opponent has severely slanted the events that took place in this case” Can you believe that the CBS network would allow their affiliate to fabricate such a story about poor Steve? Oh and don’t even get me started on that mean opponent. (two finger snaps)

Seriously! Anyone who’s ever attended an interview and interrogation class (or been a cop for more than 10 minutes) can clearly see that poor Steve had some major deception issues during that interview. Even when confronted with evidence to the contrary, he continued to deny and deflect. The deputy, attorney, and SAO all lied about him. He doesn’t know why his lieutenant closed the report on September 23rd. Then to top it all off it’s all WINK news’ and his opponent’s fault. When will this fool stand up and take responsibility for his own actions. I can even get past it being WINK’s fault, or even his opponent, but to throw his deputies under the bus is absolutely despicable. I’m disgusted and each and every one of you should be too.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No confidence vote
    Ladies and gentlemen it is time to look at petitions for a no confidence vote to have Whidden removed from office. After seeing the broadcast and reading the reports, I am embarrassed that this man is our leader. 124 and the Garcia campaign need to petition whoever they can and get the required signatures to remove him. Ever day he is still sheriff is another day he will have the opportunity to further shame the county with his lack of professional ethics. Anything can be done?
    While I've never been a member of HCSO, I've spent many years in the profession. I honestly can't see where a no confidence vote would be a good idea. To be effective that needs to be done with organization and transparency. With a man like Whidden holding the reigns of power it would certainly bring hell down on those that stood in the open against him. I'm pretty sure he reads this blog and if he has any honor left, he should realize his time has run it's course and resign before being led out of his office in handcuffs. I know people that have said he was a good guy. Maybe so. Actually, I think for some purposes he is a good guy that just got in over his head to a position that calls for an individual brighter than he is. The easiest way to operate in law enforcement is in the open and under the law. When you start playing games and doing favors to help people avoid their penalties for wrongdoing. then you place yourself in the category of a lawbreaker. Mr. Whidden just isn't smart enough for that. The man cannot lie well enough to properly pull off a good joke. His WINK interview proved that beyond measure.
    Sheriff Whidden has been caught trying to help out a wealthy convicted felon. How he thought that was a good idea I cannot fathom. He then lied about his attempt to make the man's problem go away and to justify his stupidity. He failed to coordinate his lies with his own men to cover his lies. He then tried to throw the blame on an organization that if nothing else, is organized far, far better then the Sheriff. He has committed crimes and he needs to do himself and Hendry County a favor and resign immediately. Let the County take a new direction. Sheriff Whidden, save yourself, your family, your agency, and your county from anymore embarrassment and walk out while you can without handcuffs. As a career LEO I don't want to see that news footage blemish our profession more than you already have.

Unregistered
    What steve doesn't realize or care is that his actions are destroying any trust with the community it had. Every lie and story from here on out he tells drives the wedge further and further between law enforcement and the community. Steve just throw in the towel, you are embarrassing the agency. You are embarrassing yourself. You are embarrassing the people who stand and stood behind you. You let people down in a big way and have no one to blame but yourself because of your egomaniacal ways.

Unregistered

Trust?

What steve doesn't realize or care is that his actions are destroying any trust with the community it had. Every lie and story from here on out he tells drives the wedge further and further between law enforcement and the community. Steve just throw in the towel, you are embarrassing the agency. You are embarrassing yourself. You are embarrassing the people who stand and stood behind you. You let people down in a big way and have no one to blame but yourself because of your egomaniacal ways.

While I agree with you on community trust, I must say that it is not as much a factor here in Hendry County as it is in more prestigious counties. The problem lyes therein, where the community loves a person (Sheriff) so much that they are blind to their flaws. Many people of the community have already said they would still back Whidden even if he did these things and were to be convicted of such. They stated that they would still want him and supoort him as Sheriff. This is a disgrace, and the reason that things are so difficult to fix. The community doesnt want change. They want favoritism.

Unregistered
    While I agree with you on community trust, I must say that it is not as much a factor here in Hendry County as it is in more prestigious counties. The problem lyes therein, where the community loves a person (Sheriff) so much that they are blind to their flaws. Many people of the community have already said they would still back Whidden even if he did these things and were to be convicted of such. They stated that they would still want him and supoort him as Sheriff. This is a disgrace, and the reason that things are so difficult to fix. The community doesnt want change. They want favoritism.

You don't say, lol. Why wouldn't they want to have a stupid easy to control cop around to ensure they never get a dui or ticket (among other things.) Of course they "love" him. Shady cop for a shady crowd. This works for a lot of people. But don't be fooled, his reckless impulsivity is drawing the attention of the authorities now. There's a dual function involved in why some "love" hendry county and its long line of dirty sheriffs. The one's propping this clown up are also handing out his "extra" income and benefits. They likely aren't fond of investigations just like any other criminal network. He's created a new set of problems with that. His 5minutes also clarified without question that when pressured he won't hesitate to snitch and blame. Good luck peaches.

Unregistered
    O to be in a position to listen to the closed-door damage control meetings... The practiced collaboration of the dwarf and the few other liars and schemers involved in this cover-up and others yet to be revealed....the whispered desires and plans for revenge against those who bravely told the truth on this little arrogant tin-badge tyrant.... The deep and frightened concern of his minions (you know who you are) Can't wait for karma to finish you off Walking Small...I will make it a point to eventually find you and laugh in your face if your incarceration isn't too long. I will remind you of the times you blatantly lied to me and others without an afterthought...the careers you derailed. Always knew it would come back to you eventually, and so many of us are truly enjoying watching you and your #2 and a few of your favorites worry and squirm and fabricate lies to cover the lies you've already told. You have this coming, shortcake. All things come back around you arrogant runt.

Unregistered
    I just want him to lose so I don't have to talk to his dad again. I will finally call B.S. and tell him I do not care that steve is his son.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast