Srs Question: How did FWC manage to get a raise? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You don't have a clue what your talking about. Your just saying crap to see if anyone will listen to you. 1). Colonel and Terry Rhodes are well aware they cannot keep people with this agency and not because of retirement. They know the pay sucks. A matter of fact the Colonel said their working on a $5000 pay raise across the state to retain positions. Also tier 2 of Critical Market pay is a real thing adding the additional pay to 9 more counties in the coming months. 2). Colonel and Terry Rhodes are in talk about building their own dorms down the road due to several severe issues with the pat Thomas grounds. That hasn't been passed yet, but that's what the projected 12 million would go to. Not adding renovations to pay Thomas but the agency's own land and dorm buildings. Theres the real truth of the matter. So don't spread misinformed rumors unless you know the facts. Thanks.
    Thanks for the response. It's good to know still some troopers out who don't use this place as a toilet for gripes.

Unregistered
    You don't have a clue what your talking about. Your just saying crap to see if anyone will listen to you. 1). Colonel and Terry Rhodes are well aware they cannot keep people with this agency and not because of retirement. They know the pay sucks. A matter of fact the Colonel said their working on a $5000 pay raise across the state to retain positions. Also tier 2 of Critical Market pay is a real thing adding the additional pay to 9 more counties in the coming months. 2). Colonel and Terry Rhodes are in talk about building their own dorms down the road due to several severe issues with the pat Thomas grounds. That hasn't been passed yet, but that's what the projected 12 million would go to. Not adding renovations to pay Thomas but the agency's own land and dorm buildings. Theres the real truth of the matter. So don't spread misinformed rumors unless you know the facts. Thanks.
    Whats your source on this?

Unregistered
    Whats your source on this?
    It came from the Colonel's mouth.

Unregistered
    Well smartass, if the colonel would communicate with the troops, rumors wouldn't be out! He's to busy promoting his unqualified buddies.
    That's all you losers have to feed on is rumors. What would you have to cry, whine, and lie about if you did not have them???

Unregistered
    I don't see raises in the proposed budget.

Unregistered
    I don't see raises in the proposed budget.
    Neither do I. Will Fhp get any sort of raise in the near future? Anyone heard of anything coming down the pike?

Unregistered
    And if you read the line item about the dorms. You will it says nothing about off site or new land. It says refurbish and rebuild current dorms.

Unregistered
    And if you read the line item about the dorms. You will it says nothing about off site or new land. It says refurbish and rebuild current dorms.
    If you scroll down to page 20, there is more detail provided about refurbishing the DJJ dorms and classrooms.

Unregistered
    I read the proposal as well. It mentions a refurb of the DJJ building. Nothing about purchasing new land or building our own dorms. It doesn't matter, the dorms are not the problem with this place. The pay is. Its disturbing they find twelve million to rebuild dorms that we do not own, yet they can't find the money to support a pay plan.

They are more concerned with attracting applicants with a 5 star resort than they are about keeping these applicants they spend millions of dollars to train.

I also have listened to the Colonal say he is aware of our pay issue, and it shows when applicants are down and turnover is higher than ever. Yet, there has been no action from our government to correct this issue and I feel any step to fix it will only focus on "recruitment" not "retention".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12