Change in PBA Pres? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Update: We're gonna get hosed. The process has been led by someone that has no dog in the fight and I'm sure that is not going to be good for us at all. You don't up and retire. You have a plan in the works. Definitely hosed.
    We will get hosed if we allow it. The PBA president is suppose to fight for us, but if he doesn't, we still have the power of the vote.

After putting up with years of no cola, lost step increases, driving shit/unsafe cars, society/politicians/news outlets/etc. treating us like we are worthless, even after we risk our lives everyday for them, and many other negative things being thrown our way, we deserve a VERY GOOD CONTRACT.

And if we don't get it, don't give into the B.S. and VOTE NO!

I am waiting for them to come up with some crap about, but we just spent millions of dollars on a new gun range. So what! Long over due. It is the City's responsibility to provide proper training and the facilities to conduct that training. So suck it up and show me the money!

Or

We have to spend millions of dollars on new cars during the next fiscal year. So what! Long over due. It is the City's responsibility to provide the proper equipment to do our jobs safely and effectively (I think this one has been in our contract for many years!). Furthermore, we are in the current vehicle situation because Buckhorn dropped the ball. We had cars when Pam was here! So suck it up and show me the money!

Unregistered
    We will get hosed if we allow it. The PBA president is suppose to fight for us, but if he doesn't, we still have the power of the vote.

After putting up with years of no cola, lost step increases, driving shit/unsafe cars, society/politicians/news outlets/etc. treating us like we are worthless, even after we risk our lives everyday for them, and many other negative things being thrown our way, we deserve a VERY GOOD CONTRACT.

And if we don't get it, don't give into the B.S. and VOTE NO!

I am waiting for them to come up with some crap about, but we just spent millions of dollars on a new gun range. So what! Long over due. It is the City's responsibility to provide proper training and the facilities to conduct that training. So suck it up and show me the money!

Or

We have to spend millions of dollars on new cars during the next fiscal year. So what! Long over due. It is the City's responsibility to provide the proper equipment to do our jobs safely and effectively (I think this one has been in our contract for many years!). Furthermore, we are in the current vehicle situation because Buckhorn dropped the ball. We had cars when Pam was here! So suck it up and show me the money!
    Sorry your raise and money for cars went to build a brand new park downtown. Maybe next contract, eh?

Unregistered
    I would think the last thing the mayor wants is to end up at impasse with police if he has any further political aspirations. The city will absolutely hold back this first go at it. Wouldn't anyone who was trying to save a buck, hold back?? The city will counter with more, no doubt about it. They have the money. As for city council, the majority of them realize we are worth above what all other city employees are getting. Those that don't, are to stupid to support us in anything so that's not worth considering. We all already know that. What is most important is the silent majority who pays taxes, votes, and sees what is happening around this country, does not want any politician who will not fully support the police. Not fire-public works-parks-etc., the POLICE. That will be proven when Trump becomes president.

The city will hold back, just like that used car salesman. You must be willing to walk out of the dealership and vote no.

Do a search of comparable agencies who could not come to terms during their recent negotiations and see how they ended up in the end. Better than what they were offered initially. I am not talking about broke cities, those are not comparable. I am talking about cities who are profitable year after year like ours. How much did Extra Duty profit last year??..and that's just one, very small source of income. Our increasing tax base exceeds those of comparable cities and according to our city, Tampa "grew themself out of recession". If you think our ability to fight crime over the last ten years has not contributed to our growth, you are a fool. Those of you who live in the county, you know the service we provide dwarfs the SO. That is fact. 2016 to 2017 Tamp's annual budget will increase over 50 mil.. How much over the last 3 years??

If after seeing what the city offers tells you, "thank you" then vote yes. If it says "you are just another city worker and you are lucky to have a job". You must vote no. Nothing to lose.

Unregistered
    I have been out of town for a bit. Has anyone else decided to run?

Unregistered
    It would be nice to have a update on whats going on.

Unregistered
    It would be nice to have a update on whats going on.
    A simple visit to the PBA website will inform you on who is running in the election.

You could also go to the PBA member Facebook page, and get an update.

You may also want to check the inbox of the email you gave to the union because an update was sent out on Sep 30th.

Unregistered
    A update to the contract negotiations

Unregistered
    Dam shame. No contract and what little has been said amounts to nothing. Nothing at all.

Unregistered
    Vote NOOOOOO Police Officers are being killed at an alarming rate across this country. Seems as though Tampa always has millions of dollars to build parks and remodel homes in Sulphur Springs. However when it comes time to pay its police officers the city suddenly becomes broke. I will be voting no for anything less than 5 5 5 w/ insurance for retired officers. The lack of updates on the contract is a joke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12