Good morning fellow LEO,

I recently signed my C.O.E with City of Miami Police Department. I passed both Psych Evals, poly, and interview. I signed my COE August 1st of this year 2016. I signed my paper work, was given my medical appointment ( which was going to be the very next day August 2nd), and sent off for my last psych eval. After i got home and took a nap, i had a voicemail from the Sargent of the hiring department letting me know the medical has been "postponed". I was nervous because i thought maybe the found something in my background that i didn't know about?? I was not sure. After frantically calling my background investigator for three straight days, i finally got a phone call from him saying that my paperwork was not done. When i signed my COE my file was not there because it was getting approved.

So it has been 7 weeks now since i have signed my COE. I know i am not disqualified because i would of def heard by now in the mail or email. My neighbor's husband is a firefighter for City of Miami and he said that they do all their hiring when the fiscal year starts which is October 1st. Anyone give me any information ? Should i be freaking out that i have not heard anything from my background investigator? I have emailed him 2 times giving him updates about what has been going on in my life and how i was running everyday to prepare for academy, and i have text his personal number and i have not heard anything for almost 6 weeks not even an update. HELP??????