I was the victim of moral corruption of the city
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

I was the victim of moral corruption of the city

"Merriman, a former deputy police chief, was fired from the Bradenton Police Department in January, and later convicted of misdemeanor theft. On Thursday, however, he contended he was the victim."

"Merriman went on to claim there is no record of a conviction in Manatee County."

"When Merriman was convicted, he was placed on 90 days of probation and, if completed successfully, his conviction would be cleared from his record, according to the final judgment in Merriman’s case."

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/...102028147.html

Unregistered
    From Comments Section:

"Devon Carr Davis · Mcc/texas tech

If you look at the choices it very clear. Do you want the same thing we have had for 17 years? A culture of moral corruption and a Mayor who can't even keep his stats correct. Last week he said the City was the 26th fastest growing City, this week we are the 46th, and actually those stats are not even for our City! And now he is implicated in money and property missing from the evidence room? Then a cover up of this crime, twice from what I have heard? And we are supposed to re-elect him? It's time for this Mayor to resign and hope he isn't prosecuted! Along with The previous Chief. Let's let the new Chief get this out BEFORE the election so people know the truth.

And even though Merriman is my husband he is one of the most honest people I have ever met, he was admired by the community and NEVER had a write up in his entire career, headed to be the next Chief, but he spoke the truth when he said he was framed, and he has No charges or record after the farce they put him thru. (Read between the lines it was a set up from day one. BUt he survived, overcame and said this can't happen to anyone ever again!)"

Unregistered
    Another Comment:

Abbreviated Version-------

"Catherine Bettencourt · Founder, CEO at Utopian Oasis

I am usually not one to get into the political debates. But this one I am. We have 3 options running for mayor of Bradenton. We have one who has been in office 4 terms already and is currently running for his 5th term. .......

The 2nd is a man who was fired from his job as deputy chief for the police department for theft. He lied and stole. Yet I am still trying to figure out how in the first place he was even allowed to run for office.

So, now we have 2 of the 3 people running for office who are either liars, cheats or thieves (or all of the above) or we have a fresh face, one who is honest, trustworthy and ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND ITS NEEDS! Not just the circle of people he “runs” with, but ALL of the people! ................"

Unregistered

Merriman the thief

What a joke. Merriman is arrested for theft. He was convicted of theft. Now he wants to be the Mayor! Slither back under a rock and take your wife with. You two should be ashamed to show your face.

Unregistered
    Those charges were bogus and any who worked at BPD during that time knows it. If WT was charged Bill Knight should have been too but somehow what he did was just ignored. The city government is a cesspool and half the officers are swimming in it!

Unregistered

Good to be a Patrolman!

I bet a lot of people are regretting believing Knight in the first place he regardless of what happened, the Court found he falsified the shed building and merriman was found Not Guilty.The Chief got shown the door not on his own terms, JZ and CZ get used to the Fed Pen. The Mayor has to run for re-election with controversy coming out because Merriman has people still working here that are hoping by feeding him inside information that he will pay them back for being loyal. If Merriman is elected you know he will fire any exempt employees that crossed him because they have zero protection. I wouldn't mind him showing Callahan the door!

Unregistered
    Merriman treated this place like his personal kingdom. He was a disaster. Most of his career was spent hiding in the office. Screwing other officers was his favorite thing to do. He did everything he was accused of ..............and much, much more.

Thank God he was CONVICTED of Theft. He should have got jail time.

Unregistered
    Warren Merriman III took advantage of his position to steal time and services from the city and the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Merriman was terminated from the police agency in January 2015 after internal and criminal investigations were completed.

After two days of testimony, Haworth determined that Merriman committed theft in February 2014 when he was paid by the Pittsburgh Pirates for two hours he didn't work at an off-duty security detail at McKechnie Field. The two hours were worked by a subordinate officer, William Knight, who was on-duty and paid by the city for time spent at the ball park.

Merriman called Knight to relieve him so Merriman could get to a tennis match.

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...news/160219945

Merriman was acquitted of allegations that in 2012 he asked Knight to help build a shed on his property while Knight was on the clock for the police department. Haworth said there were too many inconsistencies to determine criminal wrongdoing in that incident.

Never proven false, ust not enough to convict.

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove." - We all know he was guilty.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Those charges were bogus and any who worked at BPD during that time knows it. If WT was charged Bill Knight should have been too but somehow what he did was just ignored. The city government is a cesspool and half the officers are swimming in it!
    I had a front row seat in all of this and I assure you that the charges are not bogus.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let's see-- more than 20 witnesses sworn and civilian gave testimony on separate incidents of misconduct, Independent investigation by MSO an outside Agency found PGO violations and criminal conduct , a Review by several Asst. State Attorneys also found criminal conduct and Independent Chief Judge all the misconduct and found he guilty of committing a crime. He was fired for the misconduct and the Judge said it was criminal.

Could ALL these people be involved in a conspiracy against WTM? -- NO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast