Polygraph - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polygraph

Unregistered

Truth Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I haven't done anything wrong. I'm asking questions to get information. Isn't that the point? I'm local so why not? I can't move my family and go elsewhere. I have LEO experience elsewhere and a B.S. so I thought I'd be OK here but apparently I was wrong. I'm not really worried if they know who this is. I wouldn't lie about that either. HR wouldn't tell me much anyways. The polygraph is scheduled in a few days then I'm assuming 2 weeks or so from there? Everything else is already done. Why is morale so poor? Pay seems to be good and there are a lot of people turning in applications, from what I've noticed. I don't get why it's so bad or everyone says it is. So back to my question. Has anyone been inconclusive and still been hired or not? Does it cause issues down the road or not? Just want someone else's point of view so I know if I'm wasting my time or not.
    Look its's a know fact our HR is a joke here. I been on the road for three years after multiple deployments overseas. They almost DQ'd me over things that happened in combat and I know at least three guys who got DQ'd and now work for surrounding agencies. I wish I had a better answer for you except they have inexperienced civilians doing backgrounds and polygraphs that don't know the first thing about being a cop. If you researched people who got DQ'd here you find a majority working for other agencies and doing well. I'm one of the few with a family so I may stay awhile but the majority here just come for some experience before moving on

Unregistered
    That's all you had to say. Stop being so damn hostile.

Unregistered
    Maybe I'm lying. Maybe I came here to get a rise out of smart ass children like yourself. Maybe I don't care what anyone else thinks. Maybe I enjoy massage parlors, especially when your mom is working. Maybe I never even applied to this department. Maybr i dont have any experience at all, and i did this to find out what type of nim rods id be working with and somehow i found you. A lot of "maybes". But I guess you'll never know will ya. Or you can stop being a smart ass, and realize we both put on our pants the same way, guessing you wear pants and not a skirt, and you could just answer the question. But apparently that is to difficult for you to do. I don't think it's necessarily a red flag, compared to department policy. If they didn't want me, they wouldn't give me a second chance to smooth out the wrinkles per say. Ever think about that sparky? Go eat your Wheaties. Your mom will be home shortly.
    What's the matter *****, feelings got hurt? And your were a cop somewhere else, just go away, we don't need you and tell your mom I will be late tonight

Unregistered
    Given the small number of applicants LCSO has, because the pay and morale sucks, it would be very easy for them to figure out who is posting this. Posting on this site is highly discouraged and seldom helpful. If they have called you in for another polygraph, go take it and ask them about it while you are there. Why are you applying here anyway? Almost anywhere else would be a better agency.
    Small numbers? Really? You work in HR, cause I have seen the numbers you are wrong, but that's a shock, your not much are you

Unregistered
    I guess that's why the districts and every jail facility is begging for overtime almost every night. I may not be much, but I know the difference between your and you're, idiot.

Unregistered

Don't listen to the idiots

So I'm almost done with the process and took my polygraph a week ago. I just got a phone call from HR stating my test was inconclusive. What exactly does this mean? I didn't lie or withhold anything so what is the issue? Why would they have me continue in the process and then reschedule my polygraph while they are doing my background? What are my chances of being hired or are they just wasting my time?
    If you believe any of the replies you've gotten so far, believe this one. Don't listen to the negative and nasty replies, as they're probably all coming from one or two disgruntled lazy people anyways.

I'm not an expert in the polygraph, but I have taken many of them in my career. Inconclusive means just that, nothing else. If you failed, they'd tell you. There may have been something/questions they want to revisit, which is probably why they won't tell you over the phone. Not to mention the HR person you talked to on the phone isn't qualified to discuss polygraph results. The background does take a while, so just be patient.

This is a great place to work. The starting pay is a bit low, but that is somewhat compensated with the excellent benefits we enjoy, especially if you have a family with dependents. We've also gotten raises each of the last several years, with talk of the largest raise coming up that we've seen in a long time, so things are slowly looking better.

If you truly work hard and do what you're supposed to do, you won't stay on the road very long. You'll be able to move into a detective spot or a specialty unit spot. People will tell you differently, but those people who do are either disgruntled lazy asses, or they're not as good of cops as they think they are. We're a large agency with all the resources of a large agency. Since you already F'd up and decided to be a cop, LCSO is at least a good choice. Good luck.

Unregistered
    If you believe any of the replies you've gotten so far, believe this one. Don't listen to the negative and nasty replies, as they're probably all coming from one or two disgruntled lazy people anyways.

I'm not an expert in the polygraph, but I have taken many of them in my career. Inconclusive means just that, nothing else. If you failed, they'd tell you. There may have been something/questions they want to revisit, which is probably why they won't tell you over the phone. Not to mention the HR person you talked to on the phone isn't qualified to discuss polygraph results. The background does take a while, so just be patient.

This is a great place to work. The starting pay is a bit low, but that is somewhat compensated with the excellent benefits we enjoy, especially if you have a family with dependents. We've also gotten raises each of the last several years, with talk of the largest raise coming up that we've seen in a long time, so things are slowly looking better.

If you truly work hard and do what you're supposed to do, you won't stay on the road very long. You'll be able to move into a detective spot or a specialty unit spot. People will tell you differently, but those people who do are either disgruntled lazy asses, or they're not as good of cops as they think they are. We're a large agency with all the resources of a large agency. Since you already F'd up and decided to be a cop, LCSO is at least a good choice. Good luck.
    Reading this total BS lie wasn't even worthy of a LOL here. Several means at least 3 or more and that is a lie, the benefits are the same as many agencies but their starting pay is several thousands dollars more than we are here. The leadership here including the sheriff do not care about anything but what can I do to save my butt. Mike Scott is the worst sheriff this or any other agency has ever had, this is just a stepping stone to get your feet in the door and then move on to a better agency that cares about their employees.

Unregistered

Kick A$$

I guess that's why the districts and every jail facility is begging for overtime almost every night. I may not be much, but I know the difference between your and you're, idiot.
    I, too, love good grammer; especially in an instance like this...and, no, I'm not kidding.

Unregistered

Wowser's

This place BLOWS! Yet, it is true, however, that if you kiss your master's a$$, you will soon enough be a "defective." Or simply skip that step and slip Mike five $100 bills and get sergeants pay. If I did it so can you. And, well, now I'm a lieutenant. Sure, I still make my bi-annual payments, but it pays off in the end game.

Unregistered
    Really jack ass? Why don't you call Hr or better yet have your mother do it, cause your not that smart, as far as the districts go again have your mother do the math and see, if captains want to put a lot of the manpower in CP, or any other special unit that's on them oh one last thing ***** know your role

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast