The cavalry has arrived!

Unregistered

The cavalry has arrived!

Many believe that the need to improve the safety of Ocean Drive is one of the most urgent issues facing the street. Due to the immediate need for additional security dedicated exclusively to Ocean Drive, between now and the date that additional police officers are physically present on Ocean Drive, the City and/or Ocean Drive businesses will pay a private security company to have 2 security guards stationed on every other block of Ocean Drive between 5th and 15th Streets, 7 days per week (with the number of hours per day to be determined). The issue of who will pay for the additional security and/or what percentages of the overall cost will be paid by which party will be discussed between the City and Ocean Drive property owners. Once the additional police officers begin patrolling in the summer of 2017, the City and Ocean Drive businesses will re-evaluate whether to decrease or maintain the private security presence.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3230...rive-Proposals

Unregistered
    Mr. Mayor,
    I cant wait to see what the security guards are going to do. I will tell you what they will do and that's nothing but be a liability. Once the bad guys see a bunch of security guards they are going to eat their lunch. Mr. Mayor you created this problem on one of Americas greatest tourist destinations. You allowed a liberal scared chief to come in here and allow the thugs to take over. We do not trust him to have our backs to go out and be aggressive police officers. I'm not saying violating civil rights or using force but just being police officers. I think that the issue of our undercover officers being the victims of a robbery with a weapon on Ocean Dr. speaks for itself. If one of the officers had used force and we know he/she was justified to do so the chief would have thrown them to the media blood suckers. So good luck with Ocean Dr. your going to need it !!!!!!

Unregistered
    i wonder which commissioner owns the security company.