Blame the NFL for this mess - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not standing for the National Anthem will gain in momentum, as we are starting to see. Where are the owners on this? The NFL will regulate the amount of air in a ball, what you can take, what can be attached to uniform, etc, but they cant regulate the conduct of their players while wearing their uniform in public view, non sense! The N word is so pervasive on the field and locker room that it would shock the every day fan. The every day fan would be destroyed if he displayed this conduct at his work place. The mega sponsors of the NFL, ie beer companies, know this is common place, but aren't about to pull their sponsorships from this cash cow. Ray Rice was destroyed for domestic violence. Since then, other cases have been given one game suspensions. Lastly, Colin's complaint is about the police. Confrontation between the police and bad guys will always be with us. Some, will be judged to be wrong. So tell me just when it will get to a point where Colin will stand again? Perhaps we should re think working these events until the NFL stands with us in law enforcement, instead of behind Colin's right to express himself.
    It's called freedom of speech! FYI, it's mentioned in the Bill of Rights. Just like you get on this site and you post your views on here, you have ever right too because it's freedom of speech. The football is his platform and this site is yours.

So if you don't like it turn your TV off, don't work off Duty at the games, boycott all sports (except NASCAR) No one will miss you, care what you do, and we will replace you.

Maybe you should move to a country where the government is a communist rule placed. I'm for a diversed United States of America

Unregistered
    Hell, the media can't even speak the truth or they'll get fired. Like that anchor in Pittsburgh.

Unregistered
    I'm for a diversed America also.
    And for free speech.
    I just don't believe there is racism.

Unregistered
    Lets see, the National Anthem is bigger than the NFL. Virtually everybody in this Country honors it with the proper decorum that it deserves. If all that honors it moves as you suggest, their wouldn't be but a few people left. So as a proud American, and one that believes in this Country, warts and all, you liberal POS can kiss my arse. See there use to be a day when the village would enforce social norms and those that didn't conform were shamed. Now the very few, dictate to the masses. Wonder what would happen if everybody decided to shoplift for a day? The reason it doesn't happen at least yet is the vast majority confirm to norms and laws. Why did the media cherry pick what Colin said. They left out the part where he called Hillary out for what she has done and not being held accountable like anybody else in America would have been. The police are easy targets but are generally honorable and necessary. Try functioning in this Country without them. The first casualties would be you weak kneed beta males.

Unregistered
    Epic post my friend. And the Gods honest truth.

Unregistered
    We need more good posts like that. But then the media would do a story and say the Tampa Police are racist.
    My AS*!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Hands off Hillary.
    Hands off the black holocaust.
    But the police are racist?
    What?
    You have no honor media.

Unregistered
    Now Colin has shifted to he loves the military because they keep us safe and die and put themselves in harms way to keep us safe. Just exactly what does he think Law Enforcement does each and every day? If you want to focus on the very few times we err and not appreciate the millions of interactions we have every day without incident, then you are not interested in dialogue. True dialogue would require that blacks would have to look within and improve their on races conduct and stop having babies that they cannot responsibility raise. The government needs to quit rewarding these women that have multiple babies with enough support and money to equal a lower middle income for simply having children. This is the core of the problem. You want dialogue? Look within and then we can talk.

Unregistered
    The reason he is softening his stance is because Hell is starting to rain down on him. The backlash is too much for him.
    And as soon as he is cut, because he sucks as a quarterback, and his money dries up, which it will, he will regret his immature actions.

Unregistered
    You want to loved and respected by the American People? Support the Police in these times. Do a nationally televised news conference and cut a check for the police. Speak intelligently about how we can acknowledge that horrible incidents can occur while being a police officer. But that society must understand and respect what sacrifices police experience.
    Stand up before the cameras and say the ignorance must stop.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast