New chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    B.S., it should be a fair and impartial process. I don't give a rats arse if it's for a chief's position! We thought Lierton was the worst POS ever, well hold on folks! Unless you are the Colonel's or Lt. Colonel's buddy, you will not get promoted to major or chief. Captain is skeptical, lieutenant and sergeant does not even matter anymore. Therefore, they don't give a shart who gets those unless it's a special position.
    FHP Policy
    SWORN SELECTED EXEMPT SERVICE POSITIONS
    Appointment to Sworn Selected Exempt Service positions may be made without competitive examination. The Director, who determines eligibility, shall make a recommendation to the Executive Director from those members that have applied during the announcement period. Final appointment authority rests with the Executive Director.

I do not see the words "fair" or "impartial" anywhere in policy regarding the Colonels appointment of a SES Position. The Colonel has the ability to identify his eligibility requirements and make his selection regarding command staff. The Colonel's selection is then blessed by the Executive Director. There is not one appointment the Colonel has made which has been a violation of policy or law, no matter what you think is B.S.

When you become the Colonel you can put your version of "fair" into your appointment decisions.

Unregistered
    FHP Policy
    SWORN SELECTED EXEMPT SERVICE POSITIONS
    Appointment to Sworn Selected Exempt Service positions may be made without competitive examination. The Director, who determines eligibility, shall make a recommendation to the Executive Director from those members that have applied during the announcement period. Final appointment authority rests with the Executive Director.

I do not see the words "fair" or "impartial" anywhere in policy regarding the Colonels appointment of a SES Position. The Colonel has the ability to identify his eligibility requirements and make his selection regarding command staff. The Colonel's selection is then blessed by the Executive Director. There is not one appointment the Colonel has made which has been a violation of policy or law, no matter what you think is B.S.

When you become the Colonel you can put your version of "fair" into your appointment decisions.
    So, since the words fair and impartial are not listed in the policy, then the colonel should not be fair and impartial? Your rationale is exactly why the good ole boy system sucks! By the way, you skipped the first part of the policy that reads something to the effect, this policy is a guide and everything can't possibly be written in here (common leadership sense)! You sure sound like the lieutenant colonel.

Unregistered
    So, since the words fair and impartial are not listed in the policy, then the colonel should not be fair and impartial? Your rationale is exactly why the good ole boy system sucks! By the way, you skipped the first part of the policy that reads something to the effect, this policy is a guide and everything can't possibly be written in here (common leadership sense)! You sure sound like the lieutenant colonel.
    What's your version of fair and who makes you the arbitrator of that? The point being made was; its the Colonel's decision. You might not like who he picks for his executive level positions, but that is not your decision to make now is it! How do you even know it was a bad decision, the new Chief has not even sat down in his chair yet.

Some of you need to stop looking for the Bogeyman in every decision. No matter who was picked there would be someone come on here and talk about how bad the person who the Colonel picked is. Grow up and stop acting like a petulant children.

Unregistered
    Hey Tard, the fair and impartial crap is what you were throwing out.... How do you know the decision wasn't fair and impartial?

Unregistered
    What's your version of fair and who makes you the arbitrator of that? The point being made was; its the Colonel's decision. You might not like who he picks for his executive level positions, but that is not your decision to make now is it! How do you even know it was a bad decision, the new Chief has not even sat down in his chair yet.

Some of you need to stop looking for the Bogeyman in every decision. No matter who was picked there would be someone come on here and talk about how bad the person who the Colonel picked is. Grow up and stop acting like a petulant children.
    And who make you the arbitrator? Just ask 95 percent of the troopers out there if the SES promotional system is fair! Oh, never mind you are part of the problem.

Unregistered
    Yes. I agree. In theory, it should be fair and impartial. And in some cases and to some extent, it is. But I don't know of anyone who, being in the colonel's position, would not pick a candidate who they personally know and trust to take the position, vs a stranger who is equally qualified.
    "Cronyism" is what you mean. Like # 1 getting a position without even applying. Unethical!!!

Unregistered
    I'm so glad someone with such great judgment had been promoted again. During I-75--you know, the worst Interstate crash in Florida history-- Lieutenant Gourley didn't listen to his Sergeant who recommended he keep the road closed.

Simmons to Alachua County Deputy Jake Skelly:

“You can't get to it. No, you don't want to get to it. They are having explosions. We've got a trooper down there and now he's having problems breathing. I tried to tell them to leave that “Sum...buck'' closed and they wouldn't listen to me. I said it's going to roll in again. Leave it closed. Oh lord, no we don't want to mess up. Well, I said, I told while I was grabbing some breakfast, I told the trooper I said 30-45 minutes, you watch. Pissed me off.

At 4:32 a.m., Simmons is recorded speaking to himself: “This would not have happened.''
    Interesting read:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/dam/...l%20Report.pdf

Unregistered
    Hey Tard, the fair and impartial crap is what you were throwing out.... How do you know the decision wasn't fair and impartial?
    Okay jerkoff, keep fooling yourself! You could be the next one that's run off. You are obviously major or higher.. Don't get to big for your britches! Remember Knight, Gracey, Grimming, Saucedo, Tharpe, McCarter, Vazquez, etc. etc. and the list goes on. They were all loyal like you and was shown the door! Good luck good ole boy!

Unregistered
    Yep, the guy is basically largely responsible for the premature opening of the road that resulted in 11 deaths,over ruling his sergeant as well.....definitely chief material....

Unregistered
    "The incident review that FHP Sgt. Bruce Simmons expressed concern about reopening the highway to Lt. John Gourley twice shortly before the chain-reaction wrecks.

"At Lieutenant Gourley's order, I-75 was reopened in both directions even though they had a report of heavy smoke about a mile away," investigators found."

How the **** did this guy get promoted?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast