New chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Somebody would have said that no matter who got promoted. Of the current majors that we have now, who do you think would have been a better choice?
    Wake up everyone! I came on nearly 30 years ago and nothing has changed. Same trough different set of hogs. Good luck!

Unregistered
    So the good old boy colonel promoted one of his good old boys? This really cannot come as a surprise to anyone.....the colonel and lieutenant colonel would clone and promote themselves if they could.....

Unregistered
    So the good old boy colonel promoted one of his good old boys? This really cannot come as a surprise to anyone.....the colonel and lieutenant colonel would clone and promote themselves if they could.....
    Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you promote the people you trusted? Nobody has said how this person is not qualified for the position. They only complain that he is close to the Colonel. Although we all know that if you were the colonel, you'd promote the people you know can get the job done. And I'm sure you'd clone and promote yourself too if you could. Unless you don't think you're capable of it. In which case you're nobody to be commenting.

Unregistered
    I'm so glad someone with such great judgment had been promoted again. During I-75--you know, the worst Interstate crash in Florida history-- Lieutenant Gourley didn't listen to his Sergeant who recommended he keep the road closed.

Simmons to Alachua County Deputy Jake Skelly:

“You can't get to it. No, you don't want to get to it. They are having explosions. We've got a trooper down there and now he's having problems breathing. I tried to tell them to leave that “Sum...buck'' closed and they wouldn't listen to me. I said it's going to roll in again. Leave it closed. Oh lord, no we don't want to mess up. Well, I said, I told while I was grabbing some breakfast, I told the trooper I said 30-45 minutes, you watch. Pissed me off.

At 4:32 a.m., Simmons is recorded speaking to himself: “This would not have happened.''

Unregistered
    Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you promote the people you trusted? Nobody has said how this person is not qualified for the position. They only complain that he is close to the Colonel. Although we all know that if you were the colonel, you'd promote the people you know can get the job done. And I'm sure you'd clone and promote yourself too if you could. Unless you don't think you're capable of it. In which case you're nobody to be commenting.
    B.S., it should be a fair and impartial process. I don't give a rats arse if it's for a chief's position! We thought Lierton was the worst POS ever, well hold on folks! Unless you are the Colonel's or Lt. Colonel's buddy, you will not get promoted to major or chief. Captain is skeptical, lieutenant and sergeant does not even matter anymore. Therefore, they don't give a shart who gets those unless it's a special position.

Unregistered
    That's an easy one. Chandler.
    Chandler is an IG douche that has been in specialty positions and mcc his whole career. Give me a break...

Unregistered
    Chandler is an IG douche that has been in specialty positions and mcc his whole career. Give me a break...
    He was on the road as a Trooper and a Sergeant. He was an OIG Lieutenant then CVE as Captain and Major before coming back over to the Patrol side. I'm with you in the having no respect for OIG camp, but ask the Troop J guys how he was over there and now the Troop L guys. He single-handed brought Troop L out of the shithole it was in under his predecessor.

Unregistered
    B.S., it should be a fair and impartial process. I don't give a rats arse if it's for a chief's position! We thought Lierton was the worst POS ever, well hold on folks! Unless you are the Colonel's or Lt. Colonel's buddy, you will not get promoted to major or chief. Captain is skeptical, lieutenant and sergeant does not even matter anymore. Therefore, they don't give a shart who gets those unless it's a special position.
    Yes. I agree. In theory, it should be fair and impartial. And in some cases and to some extent, it is. But I don't know of anyone who, being in the colonel's position, would not pick a candidate who they personally know and trust to take the position, vs a stranger who is equally qualified.

Unregistered
    Yes. I agree. In theory, it should be fair and impartial. And in some cases and to some extent, it is. But I don't know of anyone who, being in the colonel's position, would not pick a candidate who they personally know and trust to take the position, vs a stranger who is equally qualified.

This is the issue; this Col has promoted more to the rank of Major and above than any other Col. Many of these are his friends. I find it hard to believe that there are not any others that are not qualified to those ranks.

Is it difficult to find qualified minorities? Don’t promote minorities because of the color of their skin; promote them if they are more qualified. And you are saying we don’t have any?

I guarantee, if there was a black Col and he promoted 15 Majors and above to be black, there would be a riot!

I also would not support an all-black command staff or anything close, because it’s not representative of the community or the members on the Patrol. Therefore, an all-white command staff is not represented of the Patrol. We are back to the70’s. I can already see the consent decree and law suits coming.

Unregistered
    This is the issue; this Col has promoted more to the rank of Major and above than any other Col. Many of these are his friends. I find it hard to believe that there are not any others that are not qualified to those ranks.

Is it difficult to find qualified minorities? Don’t promote minorities because of the color of their skin; promote them if they are more qualified. And you are saying we don’t have any?

I guarantee, if there was a black Col and he promoted 15 Majors and above to be black, there would be a riot!

I also would not support an all-black command staff or anything close, because it’s not representative of the community or the members on the Patrol. Therefore, an all-white command staff is not represented of the Patrol. We are back to the70’s. I can already see the consent decree and law suits coming.
    Has anyone of the new commanders mistreated you in any way? You sound like your self worth is only based on having someone who looks like you in charge of you. If a black Colonel did promote 15 black commanders, because there were very few other ethnic groups in a position to be promoted, would that be "your" Colonel's fault?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast