New Deputy Chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Is anyone really going to notice Kitch is gone? The guy was a ghost and skated his entire career here. We need a real DC.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is anyone really going to notice Kitch is gone? The guy was a ghost and skated his entire career here. We need a real DC.
    And that would be??????..........

Unregistered
    He just wasn't in your face 24x7 pushing his own agenda down our throats. Dumb *****es...

Unregistered
    He just wasn't in your face 24x7 pushing his own agenda down our throats. Dumb *****es...
    Agree. Where and what was he doing? Please, do you even know the role of a DC?

Unregistered
    Agree. Where and what was he doing? Please, do you even know the role of a DC?
    It's because Moffett wouldn't let him be a DC. He was left out of the loop in everything. It's no secret Moffett wanted Garcia for his DC from the jump but wasn't allowed. A chief should be able to pick his DC, someone he can trust. If another DC is forced on him, it will be the same situation as Kitchell, no communication or trust, a waste of a position.

Unregistered
    No chance of career development here. Thanks for making that clear.
    There are a few people that are finding out that their support of Moffett to come here was for nothing. He's a user and makes empty promises. Once you've helped and supported him, he drops you like dead weight. Moffett you are a user and I hope the same karma that came for Hurley comes for you.

Unregistered
    There are a few people that are finding out that their support of Moffett to come here was for nothing. He's a user and makes empty promises. Once you've helped and supported him, he drops you like dead weight. Moffett you are a user and I hope the same karma that came for Hurley comes for you.
    This been moffet all his career he's always looked out for himself so why is anyone surprise

long timer

Assist Chief

Wrong.....wrong .......wrong. You who have commented here, are merely responding in the most egocentric and predictable manner as usual. "Oh I deserve such and such over so and so" Human behavior is so predictable. First of all, I will help illuminate you. If you were chief. Would you really surround yourself with persons you know will only stab you in the back? We have many managers in this department but few leaders. The manager simply manages as apposed to a leader, now this one inspires respect and admiration. As a long time officer who has seen many chiefs and supervisers come and go, This chief has earned my respect and admiration. If he was not motivated by first fullfilling his own needs, of course, what would motivate him. What motivated you. Your asessments of him are at best misguided
    Put yourselves in his position
    I am not for or against anyone. But if you rightly judge, you will see, Not only does he have the perogative of choosing his cabinet, We who are below that pay grade should and must support him. Why? At least history has shown compared to all the other chiefs, this one doesn't sit in his office contemplating who he will screw with phony IAs as evidenced by all the previous chiefs. So in sum, Stop hating! Just be the best you can be and gain the public trust. We are paid to do the best job we can. If you should lose sleep over any matter, then condemn corruption. Condemn vise, condemn injustice. Kudo Ian! Put the best and most qualified. You have my humble support. I for one am not swayed by public opinion nor my peers.
    And I predict the beastial amongst us will respond with typical "Ooh you must be one of his minions, or you must be Ian, or wait You are an arse kisser" This force needs to grow up. (Eyes rolling over)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by long timer View Post
    Wrong.....wrong .......wrong. You who have commented here, are merely responding in the most egocentric and predictable manner as usual. "Oh I deserve such and such over so and so" Human behavior is so predictable. First of all, I will help illuminate you. If you were chief. Would you really surround yourself with persons you know will only stab you in the back? We have many managers in this department but few leaders. The manager simply manages as apposed to a leader, now this one inspires respect and admiration. As a long time officer who has seen many chiefs and supervisers come and go, This chief has earned my respect and admiration. If he was not motivated by first fullfilling his own needs, of course, what would motivate him. What motivated you. Your asessments of him are at best misguided
    Put yourselves in his position
    I am not for or against anyone. But if you rightly judge, you will see, Not only does he have the perogative of choosing his cabinet, We who are below that pay grade should and must support him. Why? At least history has shown compared to all the other chiefs, this one doesn't sit in his office contemplating who he will screw with phony IAs as evidenced by all the previous chiefs. So in sum, Stop hating! Just be the best you can be and gain the public trust. We are paid to do the best job we can. If you should lose sleep over any matter, then condemn corruption. Condemn vise, condemn injustice. Kudo Ian! Put the best and most qualified. You have my humble support. I for one am not swayed by public opinion nor my peers.
    And I predict the beastial amongst us will respond with typical "Ooh you must be one of his minions, or you must be Ian, or wait You are an arse kisser" This force needs to grow up. (Eyes rolling over)
    His motivation should be public service, as should everyone's. And while exercising his prerogative of choosing his cabinet, when he goes outside of the department, the message is "there is nobody here qualified". Surrounding yourself with "yes" men/women is not the way to promote sustainable growth moving into the future. A "real" leader will surround himself with people who challenge them in an effort to spur new idea's and goals. In addition to that, they would provide a work environment which nurture's and encourages leaders from within, to move up the ranks with knowledge of the system, time within the system and a proven dedication to the system. When you do for others, others will do for you. You sir/ma'am provided a predictable response of an emotional defense....

Unregistered

2900 let agreed

Well, finally. I certainly appreciate debating with someone with at least the semblance of articulation and the mastery of communication. But as for an emotional argument, I was trying to point out a reality. But since you missed it, I will have to spell it out in parocial form so you can understand that reality. Here it goes...... Along time ago, a group of high intellectuals banded together to form a secret brotherhood call free masonry. Over time, they recruited many men and women into their ranks. Those are the ones promoted and placed in authority. Never mind that they can be imbeciles, criminals or miscreants. As long as thry oney their masters , They get promoted. Here is the best part. Whether you agree or not, once they are promoted, they too can put whomever they want. Look at you for example. You have been promoted too. And by my estimates, you are most likely a member too. Except, you are not getting your satisfaction, so you choose to damn the guy. But it all balls down to one thing. In the order, nothing, nor decisions, nor choices, nor promotions make sense to the outsider. Now, you should, as well as the rest of his critics, just go with the flow. Lest you find yourselves battling a vast machine which you know not it's size nor to what extent this beast would go to, to destroy it's critics. In nut shell, your getting paid to do a specific function and Ian is getting paid to perform a specific function. So unless you want to expose crimes and misdemeanors committed by him or his corhorts, Just place you hand over your mouth, over your ears and over your eyes. You will be fine. So mote it be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12