Pass this 6% plus raise - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    **********. Well we also got the shift bids back to the 6 months and holiday pay to 12 hours. Will be very interesting to see what BSO adds to the offer on sept 1st. I strongly believe if they make it minimum 2.5% w/reopened OR flat 3% in year 3, it will pass. They can even divide year 3 like some agencies have done, 1.5% in October 2017 then 1.5% in March 2017. I would vote yes for this!!
    Splitting the 3rd year does sound fair for both sides.

Unregistered
    If everyone is good with 2/2 and no insurance payments for years 1 & 2, which is on the table from the above comments, then let's do a 2 year contract so we can get our retro. We only have a month to get something ratified for the year we are in now, or we lose the retro money and it goes back to the county commission for them to keep. We can fight over what comes next later.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    2,2,2 plus fuel fee elimination. Insurance raise postponed until year 3 and then capped at 90/10 split which is an incentive for the agency to keep premiums low. Fixing the holiday pay issue and other minor contract issues.
    I voted no originally but i will vote yes for this. In today's climate for law enforcement, especially in liberal broward, we're not going to do better.
    shut up and fetch my cat out of the tree

Unregistered
    If everyone is good with 2/2 and no insurance payments for years 1 & 2, which is on the table from the above comments, then let's do a 2 year contract so we can get our retro. We only have a month to get something ratified for the year we are in now, or we lose the retro money and it goes back to the county commission for them to keep. We can fight over what comes next later.
    I agree, let's lock in the 2 years and then fight when it's time to fight for year 3 opener. Most people I've spoken with believe this is a good idea but just want the year 3 opener to be a minimum of 2% instead of the offered 1.75%. At least we will have a minimum starting point for the year 3 negotiations. This way we lock in the retro, 4% raise, fuel fee elimination , 6 month bidding and 12 hour holiday for road patrol.

Unregistered

Me too

The FOPE got BSO to agree to the third year re-opener and pushed back the insurance increase form January 1, 2017 to October 1, 2017. the FOPE also ask for a minimum 2% COLA in year three with the ability to negotiate for a higher COLA. BSO would not agree to the 2% year three minimum. IUPA came up with the 90/10 split and the FOPE got it put into their new three year contract.

The FOPE also negotiated a "me too" clause so what ever we get (increase only) they get. If we managed to pull out 3 3 3 then FOPE would be entitled to same.

Unregistered
    The FOPE also negotiated a "me too" clause so what ever we get (increase only) they get. If we managed to pull out 3 3 3 then FOPE would be entitled to same.
    If you showed up to a meeting, you would know we also added in a me too clause. That's why we should put that extra 1% into the first responder pay!! DOD would not be entitled to that 1%. 🚓🚓

Unregistered
    I agree, let's lock in the 2 years and then fight when it's time to fight for year 3 opener. Most people I've spoken with believe this is a good idea but just want the year 3 opener to be a minimum of 2% instead of the offered 1.75%. At least we will have a minimum starting point for the year 3 negotiations. This way we lock in the retro, 4% raise, fuel fee elimination , 6 month bidding and 12 hour holiday for road patrol.
    Most of the guys in my district feel the same way. They were concerned about year 3.

Unregistered
    This post said the same thing. Can't believe he is making this drag on over a quarter percent! Does isreal even know this is happening?!? I can see them raising it Thursday at negotiations , why else would bso ask for another meeting???

Unregistered
    Let's just do a two year contract and move on. Let FOPE and IAFF negotiate their reopeners first, then we can use their deals as our starting point for the next contract, cuz it would be first year of the contact after the one being negotiated now.

Unregistered
    Let's just do a two year contract and move on. Let FOPE and IAFF negotiate their reopeners first, then we can use their deals as our starting point for the next contract, cuz it would be first year of the contact after the one being negotiated now.
    This proposed contract with the opener is basically a 2 year contract. We would still have to negotiate year 3 cola, but we would have a starting point AND me too clause

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast